How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-11-2012
front row

I <3 SALE! I bought the oversized coat for 99€ (down from 249€), leather belt jacket for 99€ (down from 299€) and the keyring necklace for 19,95€ (down from 49,95€). Those were the pieces I REALLY wanted but didn't want to pay full price. I was surprised how well the collection sold here. There was stuff left for sure but not as much as I expected there to be. Still waiting for some items for the final mark downs (10-30€). If they still have my size might buy them (the camel coat, faux fur coat...)

03-12-2012
rising star

The online sale has started as well, so I went for the tablecloth and napkins. Still lot of stuff left. I would be so bummed if everything I just bought was on sale already...

hm.com

03-12-2012
V.I.P.

Everything is reduced, but not the same as in stores. Some pieces aren't 50% off online, they're more like 30%. In store they are all on a blanket 50% off.

03-12-2012
backstage pass

I bought the inside-out denimjacket for 37,50 euros. Glad I waited for the sale, makes such a huge difference.

03-12-2012
fashion icon

I almost feel bad for people who didn't wait 2,5 weeks. Even on sale it didn't really go fast. I knew this collection wouldn't sell. With the exception of a few things (I think the men's collection is better) I think the women's collection is just awful especially for the high prices. Loved the shoes though and I was able to get what I wanted.

03-12-2012
fashion insider

wait where is it online? (it doesn't appear on the french page... )

03-12-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea.RL View Post
wait where is it online? (it doesn't appear on the french page... )
That's probably because you can't shop online in France. It's only available to a couple of selected countries. It's strange though, that countries like France still can't shop online.

04-12-2012
scenester

I got the rhinestone necklace and I'm in love with it, however I have very little idea how to wear it. Anyone else got it and have an idea?

04-12-2012
V.I.P.

i'm surprised about the lack of comparison shots or even blog entries ANYWHERE. like, how come no one who has the original went to compare it to the Re-edited piece at H&M?

04-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
i'm surprised about the lack of comparison shots or even blog entries ANYWHERE. like, how come no one who has the original went to compare it to the Re-edited piece at H&M?
Street, I think generally speaking, Margiela fans are quite different from say Vuitton fans, more so if they are first hand buyers/ owners of the original artisanal pieces, age could also be a reason, but I think personality is most likely, bloggers are most likely to be younger generations, if you follow my drift...

04-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
i think the original pieces are few and far between. i dont own any for instance. and i also think that folks that purchase margiela are usually older that the "blogging" crowd.

04-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
this is the only photo comparison i have seen. has anyone else seen any runway comparisons?

ZILIN-LEE TUMBLR

04-12-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
*edit - please see TFS guidelines regarding self promotion*

I managed to get the trompe l'oeil dress, the felted wool dress, the sock sweater and the transparent belt at the launch.They were all on my wish list and I'm so thrilled with them

I wanted to get the lining dress as well but it seems so be sold out on the site..well maybe ebay then.

Also the scarf shirt and skirt really caught my eye, I love the quality of the washed silk and the colours are just gorgeous.

I like the idea of the plexi glass heeled shoes but they just seem so uncomfortable that I totally decided to skip them.

My blog:
http://mllekarensofie.wordpress.com/

Last edited by lucy92; 04-12-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: please see TFS guidelines regarding self promotion
04-12-2012
Stitch:the Hand

lucy you are absolutely correct. we have to remember many of the pieces they chose for this endeavour were essentially one-of-a-kind at the time of their original creation thus they weren't produced in large quantities. it's also worth mentioning too that MMM during these years didn't have a hell a lot of shops selling his collection outside japan,which literally was his biggest market as is the case with most of the more esoteric talents. i think in the states during the 90's and early 00's there was only a couple standalone shops that carried his work,one being Horn in NY which was owned miguel adrover/

Last edited by Scott; 04-12-2012 at 11:07 AM.
06-12-2012
V.I.P.

i bought the leather car seat dress for 70% off on ebay. hoping it fits true to size.

i will report back on its quality.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin