How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2012
rising star

lucy, I tried on the car seat dress in the store and it's pretty nice quality, in my opinion. The size 2 fit me a little loose, however - if you're more well endowed in the bust area then I think it will look quite good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i bought the leather car seat dress for 70% off on ebay. hoping it fits true to size.

i will report back on its quality.

09-12-2012
tfs star

FYI - looks like a few days ago the San Francisco Powell Street store received all the leftovers from other stores. I noticed many shoes (lucite wedge pumps and tall boots) were still wrapped in tissue paper in their boxes, like they were never opened before. Also, the items are not necessarily together in the same section, (some formal dresses were downstairs, the rest were upstairs). Happy hunting!

10-12-2012
fashion insider

I checked what was left of this today. I'm actually glad I didn't bother. the quality was grossly misrepresented in the photos. There were rows and rows of shoes, jewelry, clothing, etc at at least 50% off. Even with those prices, I didn't even bother to buy a single item.

TWITTER:
12-12-2012
trendsetter

I went to the State street H&M in chicago. I'm pretty sure the one on Michigan ave shipped some of the clothes to State st. There was a lot!!!! All of it marked down. Those bracelets for men, now $20. There is way too much of it left.
You think I can get a price match? hahahaha

16-12-2012
scenester

in Paris there's nothing left , and when asked whether there was anything still available the shop assistant just replied: "It's finished". There was no trace of the whole thing anywhere in the store. The whole thing feels like it hasn't even happened- three weeks tops from start to finish.

16-12-2012
Stitch:the Hand

i wonder how it is elsewhere? sales only a couple weeks into it and they've already taken the feature down on the web site. and now reports that it's completely gone from stores. it does make one speculate if perhaps there's something more to it than just being over,with the continued news that it's been a big failure. call me a cynic but i don't trust H&M at all....they hate bad publicity and they've proven time and again they aren't the most honest company.

16-12-2012
V.I.P.

The items still feature in the sale section on the UK site to purchase and in store they're now all hanging in the sale section. The menswear seems to be have been spread into a few more stores however, where as the womenswear looks like it's been consolidated into only a few.

16-12-2012
V.I.P.

there's also about a rack of menswear in each store in Vienna which sold the collection.

then again, there must be at least 10 of the tattoo tops and bra bodys in the H&M in Munich, 2 items which were totally sold out on the first day here too.

so i guess it's different in every location?

16-12-2012
tfs star

ok so for poland:

Everything was marked down 50-60% like one week, 10 days ago. But only at price tags so many ppl didn't even noticed, and it was when clothes were at on eplace, in "margiela" corner. So for example - woman leather jacket was marked down the most : from 999zł (like 250 euros) to 399zł ! (like 100 euros).
Many great prices, many many many pieces lefted. What was gone, from the day one is: the body, oversized jeans, almost all shoes and the bag. The rest - the DRESSES all lefted.

And now, after 13rd december the sale is started so margiela pieces went to normal sale. So th elether jacket is now 200zł ! (50 euros!)which is so crazy, but to be honest almost no size left. Also pieces went crazy into all different racks and flors, so ppl must watching.

But hey - i am so happy - i snapped horizontal dress in black, my size, priced down from 599zł (150 euros) to 139zł after all reduction: 35 euros for THAT dress! it's good

17-12-2012
front row

There is no pieces left in Sweden. Sold well.

17-12-2012
V.I.P.

yeah, for women it's mostly the leather jacket and the folded bottom tote (40 Euros now). then the hitched up red dress and the horizontal dress.

basically the harder to wear stuff.

17-12-2012
V.I.P.

H&M has declined to comment on rumours this morning that its Maison Martin Margiela collection hasn't sold as well as expected. Online speculation reports that buzz for the high street range didn't translate into sales, with a high proportion still available in stores - a rarity for H&M collaborations.
"H&M never comments on the selling of specific collections or items," a spokesperson from the brand told us.
A US H&M representative stated that the Swedish chain had produced a larger number of items than ever before for one of its limited-editon lines - after customers complained that the much-coveted high street-designer collaborations always sold out too quickly. The New York Post reported that insiders thought that high prices and the avant-garde designs were to blame for the excess stock - an argument that was quickly dismissed by the brand.
"[Our] philosophy is to provide fashion for everyone at affordable prices. For Margiela, H&M offered this collection in larger volume," said the spokesperson.
vogue.com

trendsetter

HA BS, like I said before: the associate at the H&M on Michigan ave told me that they expected about 3,000 and only 300 people showed up.

19-12-2012
Stitch:the Hand

exactly. like i said before H&M hates bad publicity so of course they're going to try to do damage control (bad press) as much as they can. the thing is they tried to overcompensate the distribution due to the complaints from before which i think hurt it more than anything. this line should have never been carried in certain markets of the us and should have kept it within the scope of the most populous cities where the line could be appreciated more broadly. i mean people in dallas or atlanta are simply not going to appreciate such work like people in NYC or san francisco. certainly they should have anticipated if MMM wasn't that appreciated very broadly for his work then why in hell would they now? i just think the whole thing was a bad marketing move altogether conceptually.....they should have never delved into the archives given the aesthetics of it all. they should have concentrated on the more accessible stuff because as we all saw most of what was popular was the menswear.

19-12-2012
V.I.P.

It's funny, but here in the UK the line was actually stocked in less stores than before! We had about six/seven in London then hardly any for the rest of the UK. Even CDG got more than that...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin