How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

nowfashion

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Majorly disappointed. Forgettable collection that, like another poster said, will get praised. This looks like it took a week to make- I see the mod inspiration but where is the craft and creativity?

Marc can do better than this.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

What is up with the (really, really) low waisted skirts? This reminds me of those bottom designs in The Sims that start at the crotch so that they can look 'untucked' with a top.
In all seriousness, though... please don't make hipbones happen. Please. I beg of you.

10-09-2012
fashion insider

This collection was amazing! I just loved this 60's 16yr old sexy bombshell. Marc does it for me every time

nowfashion

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

nowfashion

backstage pass

Crock of retro and clownish BS. You're so over MJ. Do one.

10-09-2012
fashion insider

Uninspired so far. Half of the clothes look like prisoner outfits.. or tent fabric.. or Beetlejuice. I also hope low-waisted skirts won't catch on.

Last edited by Morphe; 10-09-2012 at 07:38 PM.
10-09-2012
V.I.P.

nowfashion

fashion elite

Marc Jacobs | Spring Sumer 2013 | Full Show | High Quality (Exclusive on You Tube)

V.I.P.

nowfashion

V.I.P.

nowfashion

V.I.P.

nowfashion

When in doubt, wear red.

I felt this show was very nostalgic. A real tribute to the 60s yes but more generally I felt like it was a reaction to the actual situation in fashion. I feel like maybe Marc with this show want to come clean. It's all about cleaner silhouettes, more fluid, less excentric the only litltle twist permited being those stripes reapeated over and over again. The sense of uniform runs through the whole collection, the ending with all the girls looking like "mannequins". From far you couldn't really differ them. It was a 60s show without being 60s at all. Twiggy couldn't have fi in this show where the gilrs were literally running down the runway, the clothes are very good but the proportions are exaggerated : super short, super low, the music was too loud, the hair was far from perfectly done etc.
I really like this fow, for me, Marc whose show is anticipated and who changed the face of NY fashion buy doing all these extravagant presentationt seem to want to go to a more reasonable period. Go back to those periods when fashion was really productive, inovative. What really sums up this feeling, and that's extremely brillant to me, is the first look. The opening look : a girl in her panties with just a white-shirt on. A white t-shirt with black stripes who looked like a bar code. Like a statement: fashion is now just about consuming, consuming fast without even taking the time to really look at it. Everybody's gonna buy because hey that's Marc Jacobs. So that it's totally acceptable to have a 16y.old girl open the show in a t-shirt and her underwear. I love that his shows always make you think, especially when they're like this one: simple. Not about fuss more about fashion.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 10-09-2012 at 08:04 PM.
10-09-2012
backstage pass

I prefer his take on the Hamburglar over Tommy Hilfiger's.

10-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolkfolk View Post
I felt this show was very nostalgic. A real tribute to the 60s yes but more generally I felt like it was a reaction to the actual situation in fashion. I feel like maybe Marc with this show want to come clean. It's all about cleaner silhouettes, more fluid, less excentric the only litltle twist permited being those stripes reapeated over and over again. The sense of uniform runs through the whole collection, the ending with all the girls looking like "mannequins". From far you couldn't really differ them. It was a 60s show without being 60s at all. Twiggy couldn't have fi in this show where the gilrs were literally running down the runway, the clothes are very good but the proportions are exaggerated : super short, super low, the music was too loud, the hair was far from perfectly done etc.
I really like this fow, for me, Marc whose show is anticipated and who changed the face of NY fashion buy doing all these extravagant presentationt seem to want to go to a more reasonable period. Go back to those periods when fashion was really productive, inovative. What really sums up this feeling, and that's extremely brillant to me, is the first look. The opening look : a girl in her panties with just a white-shirt on. A white t-shirt with black stripes who looked like a bar code. Like a statement: fashion is now just about consuming, consuming fast without even taking the time to really look at it. Everybody's gonna buy because hey that's Marc Jacobs. So that it's totally acceptable to have a 16y.old girl open the show in a t-shirt and her underwear. I love that his shows always make you think, especially when they're like this one: simple. Not about fuss more about fashion.
Your appreciation of the show was excellent, personally I see things in a more commercial and I do not get much in the philosophy or the possible thoughts that designers may have had to create the collection, but your words make sense. A lot. Nice to have read. I'm ecstatic to see as the days pass and it's interesting to see whether this will influence and become a sort of trend, and if Marc Jacobs's message will be taken onto the streets by their customers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, jacobs, marc, s or s, york