How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2006
front row

OMG Diorling, is Marc Jacobs selling in DC/Northern Virginia now, and at Lord and Taylor even!? I remember when the only place outside of New York you could find Marc Jacobs was Ron Herman. Not even in Japan then! And now you can find it in the Washington area. No wonder the sales kids at Ron Herman put up a protest and told the management/buyers that they would refuse to sell Marc Jacobs anymore even though it was a big seller. It is nice that some people involved in fashion/sales still have standards. All this being said I still love my Marc Jacobs luxury version of Dickies pants from many years ago.

Last edited by haruki; 18-03-2006 at 10:50 PM.

18-03-2006
front row

i loooove mj

18-03-2006
rising star

i think marc himself is talented. the fall 06-07 collections for his namesake and louis vuitton prove it. the problem lies in those close to mark namely his business partner and president of his company robert duffy. while marc is off in paris in his own world tirelssly designing clothes robert is back here in new york with his driver, and mercedes g wagon busy endlessly attaching marc's name to anything that will sell. the marc by marc store has sold condoms, band-aids, pocket phone books, picture frames, blah blah blah. if only he knew just how much cheap garbage has his name on it.

19-03-2006
backstage pass

While I do favour M by MJ as a very day to day brand since I am still attending high school, Diorling, it is just sad what Pierre Cardin ended up to. :/

19-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
While I do favour M by MJ as a very day to day brand since I am still attending high school, Diorling, it is just sad what Pierre Cardin ended up to. :/
Yes, and Pierre Cardin was far more talented than Marc Jacobs will ever be. I love Pierre Cardin's stuff, back when he had his couture house. Now he's relegated to Marshall's and his name is slapped on everything. YSL was heading that way too.

Well, Haruki, in this area Barney's CoOp has M by MJ and Saks has MJ but the Lord & Taylor in Philadelphia carried M by MJ for women. The Lord & Taylor in Chevy Chase might, I know that one carries that Tory brand that sells all the tunics and another one of those California Casual brands, Lily Pulitzer?

Leviathan, Im sure Marc knows, I think he thinks it's cute, and yes it is an accessible label (I dont consider MJ to be luxury), and people will buy something useless especially during holiday, just slap a label on it. I dont think MJ has the capability to produce things that are true luxury aka high priced, which is the only way to survive as a barely talented designer, look at Juicy Couture. Vuitton is so common know its name literally has no value, Vuitton whether it's real or not is declined in my little label bank. MJ has even less value, especially with thier Forever 21 looks.

I could comment on Marc Jacobs design and business practices all day and night. It's just, he's headed towards making a quick buck via licenses and then he'll be Pierre Cardin of the new millenium, except without talent.

Last edited by Diorling; 19-03-2006 at 12:20 AM.
19-03-2006
fashion icon

stinky rat..cute name..
qiurky..just like marc XD

i want the marc jacobs book and maybe the color pencils because it looks cute at a decent price
too bad toronto doesnt have their store T_T

19-03-2006
scenester

I think the name "Stinky Rat" is what Juergen (sp?) Teller's daughter used to call Marc so that's where the name comes from.

24-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfan
I think the name "Stinky Rat" is what Juergen (sp?) Teller's daughter used to call Marc so that's where the name comes from.
Correct

Power to the 99%

^ I wonder if it was in jest or not :p

22-06-2006
backstage pass

cute! I thought mj hated doing menswear, thats why he doesnt design the lv line for men......

22-06-2006
Push it to pop it!

wow.. I was going to post some pictures but it just isn't worth it very plain...

23-06-2006
More Old Skool Than You

It all looks like generic clothing with a little iron-on patch on it. I thought the boots and beanie would be good, but they're plain as well.

front row

I'm losing so much respect for him. When I hadn't really followed at all, I thought his lines were so amazing. I'd go as far back as vogue.au would take me. Now it's just a bore to look at. I hear it steals things from indie designers and that makes me sad. Marc is a poop.

02-03-2010
windowshopping

I think I don't like the name of the collection. But I wanna buy somethin' of that collection ^^

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
collection, jacobs, marc, rat, stinky