How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2006
front row

Marc Jacobs Stinky Rat collection..
what is it??

it's on the site but i don't know what it is..

merci!

Last edited by raphy; 16-03-2006 at 05:12 PM.

16-03-2006
Power to the 99%

blogs.papermag.com
Google tells me it's a line for young men ...

Quote:
We are so thrilled to read about Marc Jacobs newest "young mens" line called STINKY RAT in WWD today. The name was supposedly inspired by Juergen Tellers daughter Lola who used to call Jacobs a stinky rat and he loved it so much he registered it as a trademark for the company. The logo is now being put on polo shirts, wallets, flip flops and even skateboards. Sounds like a hit to us! (The tees are sold on his website for 35 bucks under "special items". )The big questions are will Stinky Rat show in the armory next season? Will Jacobs create a womens line (Smelly mouse?). Will there be a diffusion line called SR? Sounds like I need to start collecting this stuff.

16-03-2006
V.I.P.

$35???? Gosh...now I wish he would make a Smelly Mouse line for girls if it's gonna be that cheap.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
16-03-2006
rising star

The "Stinky Rat" polo shirts are actually unisex and come in a variety of colors for only $35.

16-03-2006
God Save McQueen

the shirts are kinda boring, i would have expected someting more from him for childrens clothes

16-03-2006
trendsetter

^yeah...they are boring, but I like them none-the-less. I have the polo in burgandy and forest green.

18-03-2006
backstage pass

I agree when they say it's boring. Cute name though. I want a sweater. Thats about. I hope this isnt the reduced line everyone was raging over.

backstage pass

you know, I always wonder what's up with his obsession with mouses...

but nevertheless, I like his designs with mouses, very cute.

18-03-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldn
I agree when they say it's boring. Cute name though. I want a sweater. Thats about. I hope this isnt the reduced line everyone was raging over.
I think the reduced line your speaking of is Marc by Marc Jacobs.

18-03-2006
V.I.P.

very terrible.... i wouldn't want it even if it was 5$.....

18-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeing_double
I think the reduced line your speaking of is Marc by Marc Jacobs.
No. There was talk of another.

rising star

marc jacobs is always whoring out his name to some cheap gimmick. it's kind of sad. be it colored pencil sets or non descript clothing with a rat on it. the marc jacobs company always doing something else to try and make a quick buck. since when were designer clothes and accessories not enough?

18-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan
marc jacobs is always whoring out his name to some cheap gimmick. it's kind of sad. be it colored pencil sets or non descript clothing with a rat on it. the marc jacobs company always doing something else to try and make a quick buck. since when were designer clothes and accessories not enough?
LMAO. To me it seems as though he just wants everyone to get a piece of the Mj pie. But the skinny rat it was very strange to me.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan
I dont even consider MJ, especially M by MJ to be a house, it's just a brand. When Lord & Taylor carries M by MJ you know somethings up. I just think Marc Jacobs is overextending his brand, he's going to end up like Pierre Cardin or Oleg Cassini, a Marshalls staple.

BTW, I couldve sworn I already posted here...STINKY RAT...Is Marc hitting the coke again?

18-03-2006
trendsetter

i thought the name of the thread was critizising his collection.... hahahahahahah

but well.. i dont really like the name.. it sounds like he thinks of people that cant buy his normal collections as poor stinky rats...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
collection, jacobs, marc, rat, stinky