How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
11-09-2013
  1
V.I.P.
 
Prairie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,021
Marchesa S/S 2014 New York
















style

  Reply With Quote
 
11-09-2013
  2
V.I.P.
 
Prairie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,021














style


Last edited by Prairie; 11-09-2013 at 06:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
11-09-2013
  3
fashion elite
 
LabelWhore4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,865
Soooo the Marchesa woman lives her entire life on the red-carpet?

__________________
There's Chanel Iman....... then there's everyone else.
  Reply With Quote
11-09-2013
  4
V.I.P.
 
TREVOFASHIONISTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.Y.C.
Gender: homme
Posts: 14,077
somehow this is very depressing

__________________
Daria W.Maryna.Natasha.Sasha.Snejana
Malaika.Irene.Mijo.Cindy.Imaan
  Reply With Quote
11-09-2013
  5
tfs star
 
reese06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Where stars are born....
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,895
I'm nauseous. I mean no un imaginative can you get. It's all just too much while doing absolutely nothing at all

  Reply With Quote
11-09-2013
  6
fashion elite
 
ParisFashionMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by reese06 View Post
I'm nauseous. I mean no un imaginative can you get. It's all just too much while doing absolutely nothing at all
you said it exactly!

__________________
Lara Stone*Iris Strubegger* Ryan Kennedy* Jon Kortajarena* Iselin Steiro* Tyson Ballou* Daria Werbowy* Natasha Poly* Freja Beha Erichsen
  Reply With Quote
12-09-2013
  7
fashion icon
 
elle_gb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Thailand
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,296
It's different in a good way, Marchhesa's woman this time is darker but romantic.

  Reply With Quote
12-09-2013
  8
User Friendly
 
CharlottefromCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lala land
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,966
gorgeous.. but seriously one-note. I mean are there even cocktail dresses?? Red carpet dressing. PR PR PR!!

  Reply With Quote
12-09-2013
  9
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,025
“Playful curiosities come to life” is how spring at Marchesa was described in the collection statement. That idea could have gone in any direction, i.e., strange dolls or otherworldly creatures. Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig decided it meant Twenties, Thirties and Fifties influences, with all the looks destined for evening — a time they are most comfortable in — though most were rendered with a more relaxed attitude than usual.

A faded blue, bias-cut silk satin dress with tulle overlay and lace insets was lovely. So were the rare glimpses of separates, most notably a chic transparent silk gauze shirt that was tucked into a crystal-embroidered skirt and shown with a matching bra top.

While some of the looks were curious — namely, a drapy number made of strung pearls — the overall effect was one of ease and elegance.

Source: wwd.com

  Reply With Quote
12-09-2013
  10
fashion insider
 
chloesaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Beirut
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,076
this is just bad

  Reply With Quote
12-09-2013
  11
rising star
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Slovenia
Gender: femme
Posts: 119
All I can see is that lipstick that doesn't go with anything. Very confusing.

  Reply With Quote
12-09-2013
  12
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,133
At least it's not over the top like it usually is.

  Reply With Quote
12-09-2013
  13
trendsetter
 
VogueDisciple93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,157
95% of this collection is just ugly, the other 5% is uglier

__________________
"Fashion must be the most intoxicating release from the banality of the world." - Diana Freeland
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, marchesa, s or s, york
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.