How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-05-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by ahhGucci@May 11th, 2004 - 1:26 pm
I just received your reply to the PM, and was wondering, has anyone else signed the wall?
actually-matthew willamson signed it...paul smith and ....giorgio armani...

plus loads more folks and some silly stuff...it's mostly silly...
but it was definitely fun!!!...they have red, blue, black and silver markers for you to use...

11-05-2004
V.I.P.

Anyone from round these parts?

11-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@May 11th, 2004 - 1:01 pm
sooo...i checked out both stores this weekend...the margiela store was so incredibly cool...i signed the wall too... ...the store is two small floors...but they carry all of the different lines...the sales staff is just lovely...very cool and chill...and the second floor is just a mass of skylights so it feels like being in an airy attic...very cool...and in the mmm style...all the furniture and display cases are old furniture which has been given a new purpose and painted white...just lovely...(i bought a bunch of stuff because i needed something to remember the place by...)

on the other end of the spectrum is matthew williamson, just around the corner...it is also beautiful in a much more colourful and shiny kind of way...it reminded me of mardis gras...and there is a huge atrium toward the back of the store -all glassed in with huge plants and a single mannequin wearing a red/coral dress...she looks like she's in the jungle amid all the foliage...it all had a very tropical feel to it...the clothes were very pretty and girly and sexy...and pricey... ...lovely, but not for me...

i highly recommend a visit to them bot but martin margiela was a special highlight!

also worth checking out-B store down the road...all young new designers and shoes...
they have the designer's they carry do the window displays and it just happened that boudicca had done the current one... it was like an art installation...beautiful...anyone who's in london should check it out before they take it down...
Yay, softie is back ! Did you get the bracelet at MMM? I want a 20 page report on tFS by tomorrow (doublespaced)

11-05-2004
flaunt the imperfection

no faust...they didn't have the bracelet...but i got some other stuff...posted on the secret shopaholics thread...

i'm trying to figure out where to post the details of the trip...maybe on the fave places to shop in london thread?...

right now i've started posting bits and pieces everywhere...hmmm....

12-05-2004
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@May 11th, 2004 - 2:01 pm
sooo...i checked out both stores this weekend...the margiela store was so incredibly cool...i signed the wall too... ...the store is two small floors...but they carry all of the different lines...the sales staff is just lovely...very cool and chill...and the second floor is just a mass of skylights so it feels like being in an airy attic...very cool...and in the mmm style...all the furniture and display cases are old furniture which has been given a new purpose and painted white...just lovely...(i bought a bunch of stuff because i needed something to remember the place by...)

on the other end of the spectrum is matthew williamson, just around the corner...it is also beautiful in a much more colourful and shiny kind of way...it reminded me of mardis gras...and there is a huge atrium toward the back of the store -all glassed in with huge plants and a single mannequin wearing a red/coral dress...she looks like she's in the jungle amid all the foliage...it all had a very tropical feel to it...the clothes were very pretty and girly and sexy...and pricey... ...lovely, but not for me...

i highly recommend a visit to them bot but martin margiela was a special highlight!

also worth checking out-B store down the road...all young new designers and shoes...
they have the designer's they carry do the window displays and it just happened that boudicca had done the current one... it was like an art installation...beautiful...anyone who's in london should check it out before they take it down...
my husband & I went to see the shop but it was closed (on a saturday afternoon????) - looked like a nice building. Couldn't be bothered going into tthe Matthew Williamson shop....

12-05-2004
flaunt the imperfection

helena-i wasn't going to bother with matthew williamson either, but i was going to a gallery called haunch of venison so i passed by and it was worth a look...the atrium is beautiful...i just did a quick lap around the store...

13-05-2004
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@May 12th, 2004 - 10:44 am
i was going to a gallery called haunch of venison
we saw that gallery but we didn't go in - we laughed because my Dad always gets a hanch of venison as a gift at Christmas time (a Scottish thing)!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, margiela, williamson