How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-09-2007
teenage dream.

I only liked 2 outfits I saw here, and they were both in post #16.

17-09-2007
trendsetter

I could definitely rock those shoes! And the details are making me speechless. Thanks so much for those, Alejandro.

backstage pass

really impressed.

the black cutouts are perfect. and it's not overtly/ nauseatingly futuristic.

17-09-2007
front row

Wow! This is sth very interesting!
U can see tht he's talented, with versatility in design.

17-09-2007
fashion icon

Rather nice draped pieces, the structured ones not so much.

meh

18-09-2007
V.I.P.

It's looking a bit Hussein Chalayan here and there but nonethelss a strong London show...some of the details are fantastic...def better and more substantial than Kane's show

fashion insider

I'm usually not fond of exoskeletal-anatomical explorations, but they seem to work nicely in the outfits here. Definitely one of my faves.

18-09-2007
trendsetter

The fabric and how he uses and styles it is fantastic. I really love everything about this collection!

windowshopping

hey there,
definitely the best collection i have seen at LFW,
daring and wearable, fresh.

18-09-2007
chaos reigns

the metallics remind me of the colours you see on the bugs here ... :love:

I like those short biker jackets and the pants ... Im pleasantly surprised to see that LFW continuosly provides young fresh talent for all of us to bask

V.I.P.

it was beautiful!
i agree with ale that this guy is so talented. kane was okay but this is GREAT! detail detail detail...... and those shoes are top of my list. i inspected them right after the show and can say that they are excellent (by Scorah Pattullo)

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
18-09-2007
Press escape to continue.

I think this whole collection is daring but totally wearable - can't wait to see what he does next. I really like that his work causes a lively discussion! I had a wonderful time looking at his past collections to see how his work has progressed since late 2005.

Quote:
The Designer: As one of London’s rising stars Marios Schwab shows for the third time at LFW. Last season Schwab made an impressive debut with his first solo show after two previous outings as part of Fashion East. Thirty year old Schwab was born in Greece to a Greek mother and Austrian father. He studied first in Berlin and then at Central Saint Martin’s graduating in 2003 and went on to design the S/S 2004 womenswear collection for Kim Jones. He began his own company in 2005; showed as part of Fashion East for two seasons and numbers Kylie Minogue, Kate Moss and Hilary Duff amongst his best customers

The Collections: His signature corsetry inspired dresses, many strategically studded with the metal appliqués he loves, made up a predominantly black collection last season. Softer dresses with intricate scarf wrap necklines and rose printed silks with floaty volume in the skirts marked a move away from strict body-conscious style. Puffa jackets with hexagonal panels and fleece dresses in contrast block colour had a sportier look.

News: Winner of Best New Designer at the 2006 British Fashion Awards he has gained New Generation sponsorship for the third time this season. His second collection of evening dresses Marios Schwab for Top Shop will be in store in February 2008.

Instant View: Browns, Harvey Nichols, Dover Street Market and The Shop at Buebird in London; Barneys and Opening Ceremony in New York; Maria Luisa in Paris; Ace Co., WR Inc, Mole and Side by Side in Tokyo.

Last edited by SomethingElse; 18-09-2007 at 06:20 PM.
18-09-2007

The prints and the detailing make me all jittery. And those are som great drapings on the dresses in #10. I'm not crazy about the structured jackets, though, and I actually hate that shiny green fabric. But overall, lovely!

18-09-2007
What fresh hell is this.?

OMG, I absolutely love this. ! What a nice surprise, much better than I had expected.
-the details, the prints, the fabrics - it's all brilliant

V.I.P.

wow. this is...quite birlliant.
I definitely feel inspired after looking at this!

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
08, london, marios, s or s, schwab