How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-09-2008
boo

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCHW_SS09_0677.jpg (26.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SCHW_SS09_0703.jpg (25.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SCHW_SS09_0722.jpg (35.6 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg SCHW_SS09_0746.jpg (33.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg SCHW_SS09_0765.jpg (31.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SCHW_SS09_0786.jpg (31.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SCHW_SS09_0814.jpg (29.8 KB, 9 views)

15-09-2008
rising star

love look 7 and 15!

15-09-2008
fashion icon

I'm not sure on the rope usage. But I liike the multi-coloured shirt dress/short thing in #12.

Please let Todd Lynn be good

15-09-2008
God Save McQueen

I love the rope looks.

Does anyone know what the prints are? I am very curious to see details on those pieces

15-09-2008
boo

catwalking

15-09-2008
boo

catwalking

15-09-2008
boo

I like the rope pieces!

catwalking

15-09-2008
barcode

Some of it is nice, particularly the simple, draped pieces with the strange prints that are towards the middle of the lineup. Most of it is pretty unremarkable though.

15-09-2008
trendsetter

his SS08 was too good to live up to...

but he is so imaginative... love his work.

V.I.P.

this is def the most interesting London collection so far

15-09-2008
God Save McQueen

I like it more now that I have seen the details. I really like the print he uses

15-09-2008
V.I.P.

this collection doesn't have that extra punch his previous collection command! i quite like that swirl rope dress.

15-09-2008
rising star

Review from SHOWStudio...

In a season thus far of designers playing it profoundly safe, it was left to Marios Schwab to inject some much-needed adrenaline into an otherwise atrophied London Fashion Weak (sic). And what adrenaline. Schwab's show was tough. Hard. Aggressive. And overwhelmingly, sensationally sexual: please note, sexual, not sexy. They are two very very different things. Schwab offered a vision of modern woman as both predator and prey, his models stalking the runway in animal-hide and draped fabric slit and sliced open to reveal the flesh, hair greased back, eyes blackened, teeth bared. He talked about seeing clothing as jewellery, a form of adornment that interacts funamentally with the body rather than merely housing it. Schwab has referenced this before: the metal-panelled creations that marked his debut were always intended in this fashion, but this season he returned to the idea with added gusto. Inspired by the ancient Greek chiton, simple rectangles of cloth strapped against the body to give the dress shape and to reveal the form beneath and drawing a natural allusion with the work of Christo, whose wrapped monuments in some way emphasis and exaggerate the physicality beneath their sutured cloth outer, Schwab turned to similar techniques in his own work. Dresses were drawn taut against the form with electroplated or jewelled braid, bound at the ankles or sides with metal or coiled entirely from crystal-strewn rope, mirroring and developing the extremely constrained silhouettes he offered last season. In contrast to the restriction of that show, fabric flowed freely around the body in motion, opening windows onto the body beneath, pulled close, then released. Other garments were printed with the imagery of drapery, devised in a continuing collaboration with the artist Tom Gallant and used to animate an otherwise flat fabric plane or a far wider - and certainly more accessible - range of garments than Schwab has previously shown. Indeed, if there was any criticism of this collection, it was that it often veered into the commercial: but then again Schwab's commerce is different to that proferred by many (or even any) other designer. His commerce is anything but brainless - unweildly through it may sound, his is the antithesis of the anti-intellectual approch that has gripped so many designers of late and as a consequence, any money spent on his painstakingly-wrought creations is money well spent. Assured, focussed and quietly, subtly thrilling. It's going to sell, sell, sell.

15-09-2008
fashion icon

Much more approachable than last season, not as impacting. I don't really mind that either to tell the truth. Not in love with all of it but certainly there's some powerful pieces and then some to ensure he'll be in business to show another season.

15-09-2008
V.I.P.

I like this overall, rope tops and dresses are amazing, I don't like shiny looks too much though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, london, marios, s or s, schwab