How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2009
rising star

From Grazia:
LFW report: Marios Schwab
This was a big show for Marios Schwab – the first since the London-based designer was appointed creative director of Halston. All eyes will be watching to see whether he can revive the iconic Seventies brand next season but if today’s show was anything to go by, he’ll be just fine. Inspired by Greek goddesses and Victorian ladies, the key here was the marrying of medieval and modern, romantic and tough. He did it by texture blocking. Sheer fabrics contrasted with metallics, the most striking of which was a dark midnight blue. Soft leopard and jewel prints were layered with chain mail tops over draped chiffon skirts. Traditional shirting shapes had been deconstructed and then reconstructed so they became multi-pieces that, like the rest of the collection, were designed to be mixed and matched. But we liked them the way Marios had constructed them, clearly designing for a female body with hips. He must be the only man at the moment capable of making a modern maxi dress – one that looks fresh, interesting and that’s actually wearable. It’s the stuff modern girls dream of.

22-09-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I agree with Spike, I want to like this but I can't. Someone invariably says this every fashion season, but truly this season, any hint of uniqueness or originality is few and far between. Maybe it will take a couple of seasons for stuff to be destiled, but I have a hard time envisioning how this will really work on a real woman and who will be inclined to pick this up in a store and buy it. I feel like maybe because there have been no hard and fast trends these past few years (ie you can make anything be on trend) a lot of designers are 'lost' in terms of inspiration. But truly, I hope things start to pick up because I'm seeing a lot of rehash, a lot of awkward shapes that are totally unwearable, and a lot of hard to sell products.

22-09-2009
trendsetter

Most of it's very unappealing, to me.

It improved, slightly, towards the end - but still nothing to write home about.

26-09-2009
rising star

The more i see this show the more amazing it is. So glad there is something interesting to look at this season. the details shots on vogue.fr are amazing...
http://www.vogue.fr/defiles/show.asp...hotos/id,13864

the shoes soooooo need to be on my feet for summer

26-09-2009
front row

Gggggrrrrrrroooooossssss!!!!!!!!!

26-09-2009
V.I.P.

odd they didn't mention the shirt materials in the review.. a few of the transparent ones, it's actually chainmail --... i wonder how it feels ^^

it's this top
http://pics.livejournal.com/scarletswidow/pic/001q84h2

src| style.com

Last edited by gius; 26-09-2009 at 10:41 PM.
28-09-2009
front row

Beautiful!!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, london, marios, s or s, schwab