How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2006
trendsetter

from this, i love the sandals and sunglasses... i cant wait to see what comes into the storeee!!

27-06-2006
Power to the 99%

^ I'd say those are clearly key rings, but you guys certainly have active imaginations

27-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
It really all looks like an unloved stepchild of the marni womenswear, if you ask me.
unloved stepchild
I get the same feeling
There seems to be so much more playing with different fabrics and construction techniques at womenswear

27-06-2006
flaunt the imperfection..

adorable...absolutely!...

27-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
I think it's absolutely meaningless, like the majority of menswear collections I am seeing... It's without doubt wearable and partially commercial, but lacks an edge and identity... It would be OK for a decidedly non-design/back-to-the-basics brand like A.P.C. where you are looking for everday staples at a decent pricepoint, but for a label like Marni, it simply isn't enough - most of these pieces could be everything, if you cut out the label tag.

Somebody said it's too utilitarian, but I don't see anything overtly detailed in the clothing that would suggest an overtly functional background.

It really all looks like an unloved stepchild of the marni womenswear, if you ask me.
Couldn't agree more. Prada has been doing this for years though. If Marni takes pages out of Dries van Noten with every women's collection, why not take Prada's pages for menswear?

27-06-2006
front row

The image of Marni's menswear has always been a bit bohemian, a bit flamboyant, a bit poetic, bright colors, beautiful and interesting patterns, some quirky details here and there, but always elegant and with right amount of restraint. That's why I was such a big fan of Marni. But the last two or three seasons, such an image was really gone. I was at Marni's boutique in New York two weeks ago, and I didn't see anything that appealed to me. The Marni stuff at Barneys was even more horrible. Marni has always been one of the staple on YOOX. Until two seasons ago, I could always find very very nice and unique things from Marni on YOOX (like heavy-embroidered jacket, white canvas short blazer, long-sleeved shirt with beautiful water-color prints), but not any more. Right now everything of Marni on YOOX was boring, the colors, the cutting, everything look so dull. I saw some pics from its 06/07 FW showroom presentation, to be honest, all those outfits look so much John Varvatos-alike, all those earth-tone coats and jackets. I don't know what to say about this collection, but it's really not the Marni that I love. Actually lots of things shown here look like Agnes b. a lot.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
07, marni, mens, milan, s or s