How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-04-2005
about to fall or fly

i don't really like it..i find the shapes off-putting and none of the individual styles seems to go together quite right for me.

the only one i can see myself actually wearing is the 3rd one in..the tan shortpants with the long black and tan scarf..the black and tan outfit, 2 of my favorite colors together.

22-04-2005
V.I.P.

i like the first shirt posted, the detailing looks nice....

22-04-2005
Swim Upstream

Thanks for this spacemui. I like the first two pics you posted - I am not so keen on the brighter coloured things but I do like the shapes. I really dislike the shoes though. 17th C shoes are pretty hideous.

22-04-2005
backstage pass

WTF is that???
Gahd. I am sick of designers trying to be 'different'. Just design clothes that look good for god's sake.
Sorry. Bleah.

Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation.
22-04-2005
fashion elite

Evexa, not everyone shares the same idea of what looks good. While there are designers who try way too hard to be different and thus become inauthentic, some do have an authentic vision of what it is they like--even if it might be different from what has mass appeal.

While you don't have to like what's outside of your taste, to have a truly critical eye one must be able to embrace and understand that which is outside one's personal preference or taste.

Last edited by cerfas; 22-04-2005 at 12:01 PM.
22-04-2005
fashion elite

I think choice in design is essential. If everything out there followed the same standards regulating what is "OK" "pretty" "nice" and "good," and what is not, that would be boring, unfair, and fascist.

A question: although the clothes are not in your personal style, would you really say that these

models really look bad?

22-04-2005
girl who fell to earth

i hate the shoes because they remind me of something Captain Hook would wear, but I think some of the clothes look really nice . . . I can definitely see myself wearing certain separates and incorporating some of it into my existing wardrobe . . . the last 4 looks you posted cerfas each have some really nice pieces, thanks for the pics everyone!

22-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerfas
Evexa, not everyone shares the same idea of what looks good. While there are designers who try way too hard to be different and thus become inauthentic, some do have an authentic vision of what it is they like--even if it might be different from what has mass appeal.

While you don't have to like what's outside of your taste, to have a truly critical eye one must be able to embrace and understand that which is outside one's personal preference or taste.
You are right of course, just sometimes things seem so terribly outlandish and unnatractive to me that I find it very difficult to understand other people's view of them I do like to think that I am more flexible than others, I have enjoyed some very varied styles, this one just seemed far too experimentational, not as thought out. But again, my personal opinion only

Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation.
22-04-2005
backstage pass

Some of the outfits, yes I do believe they look bad. That being said however : I LOVE these tops hehe (but still don't like the pants =/

23-04-2005
Stitch:the Hand

Cerfas,I love that first piece you posted.

And I enjoy the look Runner posted. That's probably my favorite from this lot. Except I do like the those Emma Cook-like waist bands.

23-04-2005
Stitch:the Hand

Ummm...is that same venue Jurgi Persoons held his A/W 02 presentation? Looks distinctly like it.

23-04-2005
fashion elite

I hear you, evexa.
The thing I like most about Melodie Wolf right now is the images she creates as a sort of look book, but those are no longer on her website. Do you remember seeing those, Scott? With the almost-symmetry and the long lines running horizontally that looked kind of like telephone wires. I wonder where they are, now..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, fall or winter, melodie, paris, wolf