How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-09-2013
fashion icon

While I love the usual preppy approach and general vibe of this collection, and also like most of the pieces in general, I have a little concern with some of the fabrics. Some of those green looks remind me of the old curtain outfits the kids wore in The Sound of Music.

11-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quite nice. Nothing new, but nice.

11-09-2013
backstage pass

It's nice and really wearable. I can see myself wearing most of the looks but it seem a bit too all-over-the-place. It does not look very solid.

11-09-2013
front row

Some of the looks, as well as the hair and makeup remind me of his S/S 2006 collection.

11-09-2013
tfs star

Kors makes clothes that women want to wear. I don't expect a lot of of him because what he does, he does right.

11-09-2013
V.I.P.

Does anyone know who the stylist is for Michael Kors' runway shows? TIA.

11-09-2013
fashion elite

this was beautiful every single look but yes very milan esq (bottega!) I am glad they didnt have to many menswear looks as the 2 or 3 was not impressive

V.I.P.

It is so hard to believe that this beautiful collection was created by the same man behind the abysmal FW13 line. Bravo!

backstage pass

Absolutely stunning. One of my favorites from NY. I just feel like when Kors really want to push it, he's damn good.

11-09-2013
fashion icon

One of the best New York collection, I just love the mood and tone. Every single pieces were amazing.

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

What beautiful clothes , just pure eye candy! The shoes were fierce too!

12-09-2013
fashion insider

“I’m a little over edge, over nastiness,” Michael Kors said during a preview, as if nasty land were ever his turf in the first place. For spring, fashion’s most flagrant card-carrying optimist (just because things really go your way sometimes doesn’t make you less of an optimist) is feeling for romance. Wisely, he made it neither cloying nor kitsch, instead channeling his inclinations through well-considered counterpoints. “I got intrigued by the idea of convergence,” he said. “Forties and Seventies. Romantic but tailored. Casual but polished. All that yin and yang.” He made a significant omission in the litany — polished but plenty sexy — which added up to the chicest of palpitations.

Along the way, Kors worked ample references, from American prairie style to the diva-ready sportswear for which he’s known — think Lauren Hutton befriending Barbara Stanwyck, the former in a gray sweatshirt and trousers, a golden sable “ring” wrapping her shoulders; the latter in a divine full-skirted floral dress. A key juxtaposition — and a brilliant move — was to jettison certain natural motifs beyond their expected crunchy-granola habitat: hemp embroidery on a linen pencil skirt; lowly chambray repurposed into a glorious appliquéd lace dress.

It was with his dresses and jackets with manageably strong shoulders that Kors referenced the Forties most clearly. But he offered alternatives to tailoring in the form of spectacular knits, including a dreamy hand-crocheted cardigan and matching dress, and a slouchy cardigan worn over a tank and skirt — as unassuming as it was divine. And for the girl who prefers to wear her casual mien with a little sass: a white fox ring over a cotton boy shirt and shorts.

Throughout, Kors made savvy use of details, whether placing studs on a crepe dress for a snippet of toughness, or giant, hand-embroidered daisies to a pinup-worthy swimsuit. It all had a lightness that added to the collection’s spirit, as did the soundtrack that included a sampling of Cass Elliot’s lovely “Dream a Little Dream of Me.”

Source: wwd.com

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

one of those collections that makes me wanna buy almost every look

12-09-2013
trendsetter

Is the top Lindsey is wearing suppose to look like a cloud?
Overall a nice collection, it wasn't as boring as his work usually is.

V.I.P.

Solid collection. Nothing outstanding but still great and signature Michael Kors.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, kors, michael, s or s, york