How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2005
fashion insider

Your welcome, AlexN

I don't understand the huge deal about the people wearing the clothing , though. My first impression was of how beautiful the person wearing the clothing () with the black hair was. I love her face so much. Maybe they don't seem happy, but since when do the people who wear the clothing smile unless they are in a Sears commerical?

Last edited by Arturo21; 06-03-2005 at 10:10 PM.

07-03-2005
trendsetter

I don't hate it,

But Im not a fan of those prints, and the cut seems quite unflattering in most of the pieces. I do find the metal-work element and the feeling of the collection quite interesting however.

07-03-2005
fashion elite

I, for one, like the clothing
it is awkward and uncomfortable, and so are the models
I get the feeling that the designer was actually very successful in what she wanted to achieve

07-03-2005
Stitch:the Hand

cerfas,do I know you?

Yeah,I enjoy the quirkiness of it all. And it is what she does. I mean,this is the same lady who made pailettes out of laser-cut recycled tins one season. I'm actually quite surprised she hasn't garnered more attention for her innovative laser skills.

07-03-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
cerfas,do I know you?

Yeah,I enjoy the quirkiness of it all. And it is what she does. I mean,this is the same lady who made pailettes out of laser-cut recycled tins one season. I'm actually quite surprised she hasn't garnered more attention for her innovative laser skills.
haha, that is quite amusing
...Are you joking, or do we know each other? Confused

:>

07-03-2005

Lj...

07-03-2005
fashion elite

No way, who are you on LJ? annvandemann or however you spell it?

07-03-2005
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

the prints look fabulous and would look good worn with jeans or even white or light coloured pants. the mood of the show though brings to mind concetration camps and child labour

fashion elite

The more I look at this, the more I like it. It has a lot to do with the photography
More pictures:

www.blow.co.uk

Not for wearing, but oddly compelling (even though at times admittedly ugly)

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

i like this, it is very pretty, and i don't find it disturbing. much more interesting and innovative, referring to the pins, than i usually see.

21-04-2005

Here's the concept of the collection from Contemporary Fashion Archive:
Quote:
Michelle Lowe-Holder Spring Summer 05 collection features delicate hand painting over black etched flowers across sporty bomber jackets, t-shirts, trousers, shorts, pleated skirts and feminine tea dresses. These are contrasted by inky overlays in tulle, embossed lace and dark netting. Continuing from last season pin daisy detailing continues throughout the collection. Finally “pin smocking” gives a contemporary and individual edge to t-shirts, jacket and skirt detailing. A favourite in the collection is the “Princess Dress” in delicate vanilla cotton voile and outsized black floral print. Reminiscent of times gone by - ruffle tie-back over apricot satin is both feminine and elegant.

Strong shapes include kimono wrap top in vanilla voile and cream jersey. Fifties style embossed lace cardigans and capes complete with ribbon ties and knee length wide belted trench coat perfectly pair with chiffon pleated A-line skirts and wide leg trousers. Cotton gauze has been organically pleated and turned into pantaloon trousers and ruffle tie back top. A gorgeous black net fifties bathing suit is a must buy from this group.

Canadian born Michelle throws a twist into the collection with the introduction of her mosquito netting. The fly proof fabric is specifically used in Canada to safeguard yourself from bugs. Cleverly designed hooded zip details tops and trousers gives a practicality to the range.

Stunning signature style pins adorn Michelle’s vast line of accessories. Elegant sheer net smocked gloves in cream and mushroom brown have pin daisies and bracelet edging. Hand-painted cut out cotton belts and Cleopatra-style pin chokers finished with satin tassels complete the collection. Finally striped espadrille wedges decorated with hand-painted floral patterns add a more graphic and hard edge to SS05.

21-04-2005
V.I.P.

mosquito netting, hm...that would have been interesting to have covered more of the garment in it for more effect and practicality. i like how she thinks. thanks scott btw i added both of you.

21-04-2005

You're welcome Travolta

That pin smocking,it's just extraordinary. Kind of reminds me of the effect that repeptive handstitching does to clothes. It's quite refreshing...especially with so many now focusing on the hand and this sort of cottage craftsmanship.

21-04-2005
fashion elite

I love small repetitive marks.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, loweholder, michelle, spring or summer