How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2013
V.I.P.

Misha Nonoo S/S 2014 New York

style.com

06-09-2013
V.I.P.

style.com

06-09-2013
fashion insider

I love it, especially some of the green pieces and the greyish lilac looks. There's something refreshing about it, especially when compared to a lot of the other New York collections this season.

fashion icon

The colors are light and sweet, I quite the green as well.

07-09-2013
girl who fell to earth

I LOVE this... but I admittedly am a sucker for those ethereal-type watercolor prints...

Semi-obsessed with the green top tucked into the green printed skirt look.
I would wear it EXACTLY like that. In a second.

I think the use of sheer is actually done well here, also. It can often seem really gimmicky and forced, but this works (for the most part, the sheer pants are a little...)

07-09-2013
backstage pass

I really like this. The green looks are especially nice! I'm not huge on the last yellow skirt however.

08-09-2013
fashion insider

September 06, 2013 New York
By Alison Baenen

"There's no black at all," Misha Nonoo said of the hues in her latest collection. "The palette is very colorful." Colorful and sunny, like Nonoo's mood: The designer was feeling optimistic enough to stage her first runway show ("Lots of moving parts," she confided the day before) and energized about a collection influenced as much by the artist Gerhard Richter as by his works. "He's this great master who's so comfortable with himself and had the initiative to have fun with his craft," she said. "It really inspired me in terms of this season's woman."

The mood was certainly light, and the clothes were ready for runway exposure. Taking a cue from Richter's squeegee paintings, Nonoo played with the idea of leaving things half done, like pleating one side of a jacket or printing part of a pant and letting the rest just be. They were subtle tweaks you might have missed if you didn't know where to look, but they succeeded in striking a playful note. Nonoo thinks of Savile Row values as being at the core of her brand, and while she played with softening up tailored staples, the real heartbeat here was in the mix of materials and textures. A lavender silk crepe blazer worn with a glossy lamé tee and a pair of printed crepe de chine pants was winningly bedroom-boardroom: pj bottoms, last night's shirt, a chic blazer…just add heels and you're out the door! That relaxed attitude prevailed throughout, and the prints—a mix of florals and painterly abstractions—were a highlight. It's hard to find anything wrong with clothes this cheerful, and the few misses, like a pale green silk crepe dress that hung awkwardly on the model's frame and looked half done in an unfinished way, were absorbed in the sweetness of the whole.

Source: style.com

08-09-2013
backstage pass

This is gorgeous, it has a lovely summer vibe, the colours are spot on in tone.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, misha, nonoo, s or s, york