How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2011
front row

I'm headed to my local Target right now. I've been at work all day, and just saw the website isn't loading. I hope when it gets back up it isn't all sold out. My mom (love her!!) checked out the Target by our house in suburban Connecticut around noon. All of the women's and men's clothes were gone. Just little girls clothes remained. Throws and pillows were gone. She got me a headband and a scarve, because that's all that was left. Hoping for better in Washington, DC!

13-09-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaK View Post
Arrived at my local target's opening time. Six or seven people had lined up, which was quite surprising for around here. But...erm, that was all. Hehe.

Snagged a cardigan, the multicolored zigzag dress, flats, and some decorative boxes. Also ordered more organizational stuff online after coming home...thankfully by that time there was a break for the website and my stuff was still in my cart.

Thank god I wasn't after the textile/home stuff, because it seems that was the big draw!

My Target had a similar amount of people, but they were still sold out by 8:20. If I hadn't been there when they opened, I wouldn't have believed they ever set anything out.

I feel really bad for people who thought they would be able to buy anything on their lunch break.

13-09-2011
doldrums

Target's website is down again. I didn't know it would be this intense.

woof!

We are suddenly extremely popular. You may not be able to access our site momentarily due to unusually high traffic. Please stay here and we'll try to get you in as soon as we can!

Please know that there is no need to refresh your browser. Your request will automatically retry in 30 seconds.

Thank you and our apologies for the inconvenience.

We're up and running here

13-09-2011
V.I.P.

It's been down all day long for me. not even once was I able to get it to load.

13-09-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
It's been down all day long for me. not even once was I able to get it to load.
It comes back every 30 minutes or so, to show they pretty much everything is sold out. @targetstyle on twitter said that many online won't be restocking, but some stores may be.

13-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
ugh so annoyed...

WTF, this is target not H&M.
I can share your sentiment too. I stopped by my local Target this morning, and saw these 2 ladies tossing anything and everything Missoni related items into their carts. But the funny thing is, they don't even look like the type of people who would know what Missoni was!

Needless to say, I felt empty handed since there wasn't anything left after all the fleabay horders ransacked the store. Well, I did get some groceries...

V.I.P.

it's all the ebay people. like previously posted, i hope Target can restock. those ebay sellers people can keep their overpriced merchandise.

13-09-2011
V.I.P.

I clearly underestimated the suburban women's love of Missoni for Target and thought that I would be able to stroll in around 12pm and still get something good. wrong. There were only size XXL left in the women's section and there wasn't any of the mugs or throws left that I wanted either.

tre disappointed. I wonder how soon the stores will restock?

13-09-2011
front row

^Probably not so much the suburbia women's love for Missoni as the potential for high mark up prices on ebay, especially in this economy.

Stitch:the Hand

^exactly. you gotta know with the access to online shopping,target offers,the ebay vultures are certainly going have an easier time to prey on everything they can snap up and sell off at even more expensive prices.

13-09-2011
V.I.P.

Never thought it would be sold out here lol. Only had a couple black/white pieces in my size. Everything else was large or extra large. Ended up getting the ballet flats in kids size since I wear a womens size 4. I love the colors on them better than the womans. At least I was able to get something & I know I will get alot of wear out of them.

13-09-2011
V.I.P.

So, I've literally have been driving all day and went to 6 different targets and they ALL sold out. According to practically everyone, people were there since 8 and it all just was too hectic. I'm so pissed because here I am thinking "oh, it's Target, not H&M. I'll be fine once I get out of school" but I so underestimated the power of this.
Btw, I talked to a couple of associates and some told me that there's more coming back by Thursday while others have told me that although there's merchandise coming in on Thursday, they can't confirm what exactly is arriving. It could either be the usual crap they sell, or maybe more Missoni, so who knows.
Btw, I'm surprised by the people shopping for this. As I'm leaving one of the Targets I visited today, I overheard some spanish speaking woman asking her husband where the Missoni items are at. I swear, this woman looked like she had NO CLUE whatsoever about fashion. I mean, it's crazy just what kind of people these things attract! Another woman, with gray hair, was at another Target asking for the same thing. She had some nasty jeans and gray hair. Like seriously?

front row

^I agree. I also saw women who did not look like they had a clue about fashion. They were dressed in sweats and Crocs (shoes) yet piling Missoni items in their carts. It didn't matter what size or style. If it were Missoni, in it goes...

What's ironic is that the intention of designer collaborations with Target (or H&M, etc) is to make affordable fashion to the masses. Unfortunately, with the hoarders and ridiculous markups on ebay, it defeats the original purpose.

Last edited by pinkpolo; 13-09-2011 at 10:23 PM.
13-09-2011
V.I.P.

so I finally get into Target.com, proceed to order...sold out/on back order. why do they do that? Don't let me drop it into my cart, giving me false hope, only to tell me I can't proceed.

13-09-2011
backstage pass

i went on at exactly 6am and was able to purchase many items. I got the throw in two different color combos, the multicolor zigzag cardigan sweater, the rainboots, the rectangle kit, the black/white cardigan sweater, the black pleated maxi skirt, the train case, the sweater coat, a bikini top, the cereal bowls, serving tray, oblong pillow, hat, tumblers, candle, and espresso set. my mom was also able to get me the bath towels and a small rug.. these were all online purchases so we will see what i end up keeping and what i end up returning.. there was so much else i wanted but i could spend any more money!!! i really wanted the luggage but afraid of the lead... oh well..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
missoni, target