How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2011
V.I.P.

Again, wow...I don't think I'll be able to believe that I was able to order my dresses until they're actually in my hands.

14-09-2011
fashion insider

I was told that they will restock items, just don't know when. I was advised to keep calling.

TWITTER:
14-09-2011
V.I.P.

Well I got on very early when it first launched on the site, got the throw I wanted, checked out. Done. And got an e-mail this morning to tell me it's delayed and it wont even be shipped until the end of the month despite initially being told it would ship by the end of this week? So frustrating. I ordered it at the very start so the stock was very much there then.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

It puzzles my mind how Target can spend so ridiculously much on advertising this collection and yet they seem completely overwhelmed by its popularity. That just shouldn't happen. The website being down a whole day (and it still doesn't work properly for me now), things selling out way too quickly because of eBay hoarders, not immediately shipping the items.
By now I'm so frustrated by this that I'm just going to wait a few days for things to hopefully get re-stocked and if they don't I guess I'd rather save the money and get some real Missoni instead.

14-09-2011
backstage pass

now i am nervous about my purchases.. hope i dont get emails saying they wont be here until three months from now!!!

14-09-2011
girl who fell to earth

^^i'm dreading the same... i ended up placing a big order because i ordered two of every piece of clothing i put in my cart (one small one medium) because i had no idea what the sizing was like

i really hope i don't get an email saying sorry we don't actually have any of this stuff

i absolutely REFUSE to buy any of this sh** for inflated prices on ebay
just the thought of it makes me furious and i would rather go without

*i'm the same way with concert tickets that get sold out in 5 seconds and then show up on stubhub or wherever else for 5x their value. i HATE it

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quite a few people on the Target Facebook page are claiming they have now received e-mails cancelling their orders due to 'high demand' and also some are seeing the note to 're-order' their orders in their online accounts. I'm hoping my e-mail telling me my order is delayed means I'm still getting it.

14-09-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
It puzzles my mind how Target can spend so ridiculously much on advertising this collection and yet they seem completely overwhelmed by its popularity. That just shouldn't happen. The website being down a whole day (and it still doesn't work properly for me now), things selling out way too quickly because of eBay hoarders, not immediately shipping the items.
By now I'm so frustrated by this that I'm just going to wait a few days for things to hopefully get re-stocked and if they don't I guess I'd rather save the money and get some real Missoni instead.
Secretly I think every retailers wants that to happen. i.e. to be overwhelmed by demand.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

i went to one target near my apartment and they were nearly sold out of everything....it seems as though the store had restocked after the hoarders and resellers left however.

a middle aged woman was asking a salesperson where all the stuff went and the salesperson said it was "real nasty" and that a group of people buying all the items were from "out of state" and they were waiting outside before the store opened at 7 am.

i tried on the rose babydoll chemise for sleeping for 30$. the cup size didnt fit me properly so i put it back. my store also had the rainboots in my size but i already have rubber boots so i put them back. the store had bedding but i like bedding with duvet covers that can be removed and washed on their own....i looked at a few canisters but wasnt impressed.

i think i'm going to wait until the sleeveless zigzag dress is on ebay for under retail. it may take a few months but i'll be patient - because thats the one item i really wanted.

14-09-2011
tfs star

My store had most of the clothing and accessories left (nothing was completely out but a few sizes were out) but not the bedding that I wanted, ughh. I wish I would have grabbed a suitcase (was on the fence about it) since they're now completely sold out. I have to say I am not as disappointed by the quality of the clothing as I thought it'd be, it seems pretty decent (for the things I looked at anyway), especially at the pricepoint. I bought an umbrella for someone else, and now regret not buying two since they're so cute but of course sold out now. I also thought the bobby pins were adorable, as well as the girls clothing, (aww!) I wish I had a niece or something. . . too cute. I'm going back today or tomorrow to see if they still have the mugs.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

Christ, one of the $39 throws just sold for $380 on E-bay.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

just checked ebay...
25,437 results found for target missoni

and that doesnt include the people that ordered many things on target.com to re-sell that havent received their packages yet or the people that just included "missoni" not "target" on their ebay listing.

i think a lot of these people will be returning stuff on Saturday or next saturday..

14-09-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Christ, one of the $39 throws just sold for $380 on E-bay.

That's just crazy!

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

I got an email this morning saying that my order won't be shipped until the 26th now. At least they're not on backorder, but I had BETTER get those dresses before the 29th because I really wanted to wear them that weekend.

14-09-2011
doldrums

I just checked out the prices on ebay and some stuff are starting at 100 or more. Shoppers definitely saw the opportunity to cash in. I really no had plan to buy this line hot off the presses. I was hoping they I'll be able to find something on discount or clearance and now it seems like wishful thinking. For curiosity purposes when the site was back and running again I checked for local targets within 16 miles and practically all were sold out of the dress I liked.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
missoni, target