How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-09-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post

WTF, this is target not H&M.
These women are disgusting, like Target should have a limit PER GROUP! Sad for those who actually wanted something.

Last edited by ChrissyM; 14-09-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: please do not quote photos

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

When I went to Targets today our local news was there filming empty racks & interviews SAs. Ill be interested to watch the news tonight to see what they say... hopefully its that they will be restocking & make a limit to buy so I actually have a chance to get something next time around.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

can't believe they let in so many people at a time here.

V.I.P.

Oh dear. Was that yesterday morning then, or the second day...? Any news on if they did actually restock the key pieces? Seems like the homeware went down a storm.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

^that was yesterday morning....

there are now 32,140 target missoni items on ebay.
the number will probably sky-rocket when people have to relist completed auction items that were priced too high that didnt get a single bid...

i bet all these re-sellers are kicking themselves when they realize that every other scumbag out there has the same idea!

tfs star

Wow, those video clips are crazy.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

There's just too much of each item on E-bay for those massively inflated prices to last. There's hundreds of each thing, people panic bought on E-bay yesterday I think but there's still not selling today...

Bet once people receive the Online Exclusive pieces they've ordered from the online store we'll see them selling for the most money.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

Local news just said they didnt know when or if they would restock. Soooo annoying.

14-09-2011
rising star

Got an email saying some items in my order would be delayed, but thankfully it's just the picture frames.

Heh. Even the picture frames. Bravo, Missoni.

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

i just looked at target's facebook page and people were reporting lines at the doors this AM for a potential re-stock.... some people are also getting their orders cancelled online after ordering a few sizes in each item.

the celebrity reaction to the sell out is a bit funny (hollywoodreporter)

The Office's Mindy Kaling was among those who experienced the downed site and was dismayed to discover the eBay secondary market for the Missoni merchandise. She tweeted, "@target broke my heart today when I could not access their site once in 9 hours for Missoni." She later wrote, "So all of @target is totally sold out of Missoni and the only way to get it is from extorting eBay trolls??"

Hollywood fashionista and New Girl star Zooey Deschanel responded to one of Kaling's tweets, "should probably be called Missoni for Target for eBay."
Cougar Town's Busy Philips also commented, "Can I just say, the people putting the Missoni for Target stuff on eBay?? Total FAIL."
However, Oprah Winfrey, who attended the company's national sales meeting Wednesday in Minneapolis, had no problem picking up a Missoni item. She tweeted, "Spent the day going to and from Minneapolis. Gorgeous CLEAN city.had a fun time meeting our friends at TARGET! Got a MIssoni box!"Also, Ryan Seacrest pondered about Target for Missoni etiquette, "When u buy a $100 Missoni towel for $10 at Target, how much do u tell your houseguests it cost?

V.I.P.

i'm glad celebrities are starting to raise their concerns. why is Target not doing anything about it? institute a transaction limitation at the stores, perhaps?

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Target have been SO silent on their Facebook page since the morning of the launch..

15-09-2011
tfs star

I'm probably going to upset some of you by saying this but I have no problem with people who want to make a few bucks by selling on ebay. I feel the need to defend ebayers because I sell on ebay occasionally for extra money. I was NOT one of those people who filled up a cart with stuff, I got TWO things to put on ebay out of what I bought and I did not get the last one in stock of either item. I also did not highly inflate the price, but I can't fault those who cashed in on this opportunity, I know a few people who sell on ebay who desperately need money/can't find other work and I can't say if I were in there situation that I wouldn't have done the same thing.

If Target had been more prepared (both in store and online) there wouldn't have been an issue. Also, I'm not sure if Target ships internationally, that could be some of the appeal on ebay. I think it would be stupid for them to limit the amount of items someone can buy. . . not everyone can take off of work to go to Target at 8 am, maybe some people were buying cartloads for themselves or friends, and quite frankly, I'm sure Target just wants to sell everything, they don't care who buys it. I do think it's wrong to clear out entire sections of merchandise, but I don't see anything wrong with the ebay thing in general, most of the stuff on there is priced so the seller is making money. Not everyone who sells on ebay is evil. . . (I was the ONLY person looking at all of the Missoni endcaps at my store, and in no way did I "clear out" anything). Maybe if my store would have been empty and I would have seen people buying cart-fulls I would be mad too.

This happened w/LOL last year and a few days after things were going for crazy prices on ebay, the stores were restocked. I also saw TONS of "sold out" L of L items at Goodwill a couple of months later. . .

There are now over 40,000 things listed on ebay, some are selling for below or at the retail price, if something you wanted was sold out, just be patient, I'm sure you will get it, you just may have to wait a couple of weeks (with the exception of maybe the bike since that was quite limited). *edit please no transactions on TFS*

Last edited by couturecouture; 15-09-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Please see TFS guidelines regarding selling/spamming
15-09-2011
V.I.P.

i think target is very different than H&M, they didnt anticipate these problems. H&M relishes and encourages the crowds/sell outs/ebay prices etc.

i think target doesnt want to alienate their core customers...

be careful washing the bedding sets. some of them will bleed, i saw a woman post this photo on target's facebook page and she says she followed care instructions....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg target1.jpg (32.9 KB, 27 views)

tfs star

^ Wow, I would be pissed. I'm actually surprised.

*sorry I didn't realize that was against TFS policy, I was just trying to be nice.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
missoni, target