How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-09-2011
girl who fell to earth

i think it's a problem that opportunistic people trying to make a quick buck on ebay are they ones who bought the lion's share of the collection, and that only a tiny percentage of the target customers (i.e. people like us) were able to actually purchase anything

it's stupid... feels like some sort of mafia extortion scheme

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturecouture View Post
I'm probably going to upset some of you by saying this but I have no problem with people who want to make a few bucks by selling on ebay. I feel the need to defend ebayers because I sell on ebay occasionally for extra money. I was NOT one of those people who filled up a cart with stuff, I got TWO things to put on ebay out of what I bought and I did not get the last one in stock of either item. I also did not highly inflate the price, but I can't fault those who cashed in on this opportunity, I know a few people who sell on ebay who desperately need money/can't find other work and I can't say if I were in there situation that I wouldn't have done the same thing.

If Target had been more prepared (both in store and online) there wouldn't have been an issue. Also, I'm not sure if Target ships internationally, that could be some of the appeal on ebay. I think it would be stupid for them to limit the amount of items someone can buy. . . not everyone can take off of work to go to Target at 8 am, maybe some people were buying cartloads for themselves or friends, and quite frankly, I'm sure Target just wants to sell everything, they don't care who buys it. I do think it's wrong to clear out entire sections of merchandise, but I don't see anything wrong with the ebay thing in general, most of the stuff on there is priced so the seller is making money. Not everyone who sells on ebay is evil. . . (I was the ONLY person looking at all of the Missoni endcaps at my store, and in no way did I "clear out" anything). Maybe if my store would have been empty and I would have seen people buying cart-fulls I would be mad too.

This happened w/LOL last year and a few days after things were going for crazy prices on ebay, the stores were restocked. I also saw TONS of "sold out" L of L items at Goodwill a couple of months later. . .

There are now over 40,000 things listed on ebay, some are selling for below or at the retail price, if something you wanted was sold out, just be patient, I'm sure you will get it, you just may have to wait a couple of weeks (with the exception of maybe the bike since that was quite limited). *edit please no transactions on TFS*
good post. i have to agree with you.

i ended up with 3 things, the ballet flats, the heels and a cardigan. but i only wanted the black and white coat...

so i bought the coat last nite on ebay for $150....when they're normally selling for $200-300

and so im selling the flats and sweater to fund the over inflated price on the coat..

vicious cycle

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i think target is very different than H&M, they didnt anticipate these problems. H&M relishes and encourages the crowds/sell outs/ebay prices etc.

i think target doesnt want to alienate their core customers...

be careful washing the bedding sets. some of them will bleed, i saw a woman post this photo on target's facebook page and she says she followed care instructions....
people are saying the legal pad contains formaldehyde and apparently the luggage has a tag saying to wash hands after handling leading people to think it contains lead....

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
15-09-2011
V.I.P.

I got my shipping email! I should have my dresses by next week.

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina View Post
people are saying the legal pad contains formaldehyde and apparently the luggage has a tag saying to wash hands after handling leading people to think it contains lead....
i posted a photo of the tag a few pages back. the tag says it does contain lead and it may cause cancer. obviously the luggage should not be in a house that has children.

backstage pass

i got a POOF...mega score? no, but i still got a Missoni poof. a $100 Missoni poof my cats will probably destroy. Take that screwed up Target site/crazy e-bayyyyerrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss

15-09-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i posted a photo of the tag a few pages back. the tag says it does contain lead and it may cause cancer. obviously the luggage should not be in a house that has children.

No way are you serious? Wow.

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Isn't that all mostly about them having to cover their own backs however? A lot of products carry that warning I believe, it's a legality.

Someone once bought me a mug back from Vegas, I've no idea where it was from there, but it came with a tag saying 'Pregnant women, the elderly or those in ill health or not advised to drink from this mug.'

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Agree, I think it's mandated that they put a warning. I mean, what doesn't cause cancer these days? not that I'm down playing the risk, but it's not like you're dipping your hand into a vat of lead when you grab one of these luggage sets.

15-09-2011
trendsetter

Oh I guess I overreacted, I don't recall ever seen a "may cause cancer" warning label on anything, let alone luggage that I am constantly touching when I'm traveling. . . maybe I should pay better attention to labels. I have bowls that said "don't serve food on. . " "may poison food", etc. . but that's it.

15-09-2011
backstage pass

I was at a Target in Washington yesterday, and I saw they had racks with the "Missoni" labels above them in the woman's section, but none of it was missoni and it was all just random target brand clothes. I happened to wander by the menswear section and saw the LAST brown/green/blue cardigan in an extra large. I was so pleased to find it, I didn't expect to find anything.

They had multiple sets of the bedding left, but knowing my roommates cats they would tear it up and I don't want to waste 200 dollars on a bedset that would get ruined

(Also it says online the men's bike is still available if anyone is interested, I wish I could afford it right now)

fashion insider

After all this mayhem, I'm glad I missed out. I'm gonna buy my one throw on ebay and call it a day. With the stories of lead and colors bleeding as soon as you wash them, shows my consistent concerns concerning Target's quality are still spot on.

I'll endure the madness at H&M because it IS controlled in terms of letting people the time and space to shop for a certain amount of time, and the quality is better than the mainline, whereas Target doesn't seem to change the quality at all. I mean, LEAD issues on a DESIGNER collaboration item??

TWITTER:

Last edited by educo; 15-09-2011 at 07:33 PM.
16-09-2011
front row

Ugh, I woke up to another email from Target this morning that my items are delayed even more. Two things have an expected delivery date of the 25th October and the rest are 3 October. I'm glad they haven't just flat-out canceled the order, but still...

After I placed my order (probably only 15 minutes before the site crashed), my aunt and I went to a Target out in the middle of nowhere in Michigan, and they still had a few of the things I ordered available. At the time I didn't see the sense in buying what I'd just ordered just to have them a week earlier, but if I'd known it would be almost a month, I probably would've done...

couturecouture, as for the eBayers, I wouldn't be so angry about it if Target had enforced some kind of buying limit like H&M (or the big Black Friday sales), so people couldn't clear out entire stores' stocks. If Target let you buy 15 items and you choose to turn around and sell them all on eBay for a profit, that's one thing. But hearing about three people walking away with almost every Missoni item in the store while people who really care about getting the line for themselves are unable to buy anything just p*sses me off.

16-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturecouture View Post
I'm probably going to upset some of you by saying this but I have no problem with people who want to make a few bucks by selling on ebay. I feel the need to defend ebayers because I sell on ebay occasionally for extra money. I was NOT one of those people who filled up a cart with stuff, I got TWO things to put on ebay out of what I bought and I did not get the last one in stock of either item. I also did not highly inflate the price, but I can't fault those who cashed in on this opportunity, I know a few people who sell on ebay who desperately need money/can't find other work and I can't say if I were in there situation that I wouldn't have done the same thing.

If Target had been more prepared (both in store and online) there wouldn't have been an issue. Also, I'm not sure if Target ships internationally, that could be some of the appeal on ebay. I think it would be stupid for them to limit the amount of items someone can buy. . . not everyone can take off of work to go to Target at 8 am, maybe some people were buying cartloads for themselves or friends, and quite frankly, I'm sure Target just wants to sell everything, they don't care who buys it. I do think it's wrong to clear out entire sections of merchandise, but I don't see anything wrong with the ebay thing in general, most of the stuff on there is priced so the seller is making money. Not everyone who sells on ebay is evil. . . (I was the ONLY person looking at all of the Missoni endcaps at my store, and in no way did I "clear out" anything). Maybe if my store would have been empty and I would have seen people buying cart-fulls I would be mad too.

This happened w/LOL last year and a few days after things were going for crazy prices on ebay, the stores were restocked. I also saw TONS of "sold out" L of L items at Goodwill a couple of months later. . .

There are now over 40,000 things listed on ebay, some are selling for below or at the retail price, if something you wanted was sold out, just be patient, I'm sure you will get it, you just may have to wait a couple of weeks (with the exception of maybe the bike since that was quite limited). *edit please no transactions on TFS*

Agreed!!! I purchased a few things that I didn't want to sell on ebay so I could afford the things I purchased that I did want! (since those outnumbered the ones I didn't by so many!)

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

Twitterer @MariaSanz

i think if i saw someone decked out like this i would laugh.

a little bit of this missoni stuff goes a LONG way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011_09_head-to-toe-missoni-for-target.jpg (202.1 KB, 17 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
missoni, target