How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

My dresses should be here by Monday. I'll try and take some "modeling" pics. XD

16-09-2011
front row

Not impressed with what I've seen in adverts, will have to look at the merchandise in store.

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrinaNicole View Post
Not impressed with what I've seen in adverts, will have to look at the merchandise in store.
LOL, that's only if there's actually any merchandise LEFT in your store.

16-09-2011
Once King

I actually did Laugh Out Loud to day.

stopped by one of the targets near me and could not even tell if they carried the line. Till I ran into one of the homeware endcaps totally decimated and one lone little girls cardigan.

16-09-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturecouture View Post
Oh I guess I overreacted, I don't recall ever seen a "may cause cancer" warning label on anything, let alone luggage that I am constantly touching when I'm traveling. . . maybe I should pay better attention to labels. I have bowls that said "don't serve food on. . " "may poison food", etc. . but that's it.
It's the same "may cause cancer" warning that is on electrical plugs. it's only proven to cause cancer in the state of California, lol

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

Well the one item I was able to get (a pair of ballet flats) is going back to the store. Sadly they just hurt my feet to much with that elastic in the back. I loved them so much too... they were the kids version with the paler colors since my feet are so small.

The one thing I really want is this beanie... photo from Ebay of course.

My mom was teasing me because I have two real Missoni newsboy hats. She was laughing saying why are you so upset & desperate to get Missoni for Target when you have the real thing? Still want that beanie! lol.

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

Some things are back in stock on the Target site (hurry!) the glass vases are back it looks like amongst other things..

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

@ lucy's photo.

See, this is the problem with Missoni prints/palette, you may even brainwash yourself into acknowledging them as 'cute', but being able to carry them and not look like a clown or just tacky is a whole other story. Hot pink and neon green rarely look good on anyone.

I paid a visit to a couple Targets last night, there were some things left, the clothes that were still in the racks (mostly tops) were fugly, except for the mesh bras, which looked surprisingly nice, I would've bought one if only the sizes left had been smaller than Ds.

V.I.P.

^exactly. I tried on a sweater that I thought was cute and it turned out to be "cutesy" and kind of tacky looking. I'm going to wait till I can find the dark/light blue sweater instead of the one from lucy's post (the same colors that I tried on). LOL that lady looks crazy!

the only other thing I want now is that tote and a throw if I can find them when they are restocked.

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

omg that lady is head to toe!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
17-09-2011
rising star

It's funny. A lot of the comments on the Missoni photos on Target's facebook page were some variation of "Too much at once" or "Looks too busy." I was rolling my eyes, thinking you'd have to be crazy to take the styled photos as literal suggestions for how to wear the clothes.

And yet...it seems someone took it to heart.

17-09-2011
fashion insider

the Target/Missoni media/shopping bonanza leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

i've been an avid eBayer for over ten years, and Missoni fan for even longer. one of the major attraction of eBay is the thrill of the hunt; the patience and insight that goes into scoring great deals on htf, exclusive or vintage items can be very rewarding especially on items that actually have sentimental value in my life..

the fact that affordable 'designer' merchandise of questionable quality is getting bought up by cartloads and sold on eBay within a few hours/days of release by clueless, cash sucking, suburbanites and slapped with exorbitant price tags repulses, saddens me.

the one Target collab item i bought c. 2005 by Paul & Joe i scored for $7 on clearance. some how i don't see that happening with Missoni in-store or online.

I’m in the process of buying a new home(fingers-crossed) and was curious/excited to see/touch Missoni housewares collab in person but everything was pretty much wiped out, save for like ten kids garments and a dozen or so shoes. not a whole lot of sensory/ retail therapy there. So much for democratization of fashion!

and for a slightly less biased take, :

Quote:
The Genius Of Target's Missoni Madness
Lifestyle

9/14/2011 @ 4:56PM |9,776 views

Two full hours before Target threw open doors across the country to offer rabid fashionistas a lower priced collection of haute Italian label Missoni, the Minneapolis-based discount chain allowed shoppers to buy the limited edition goods online. Frenetic (yet mostly friendly) shopping ensued. Before noon, shelves and racks were sadly empty and Target.com was down. For any other retailer, running out of stock and having its e-commerce site crash should signal an epic fail. Not so for Target.

Jed Wexler, managing director of Eight-Eighteen Strategies, a fashion consulting agency based in NYC, told me:

Target unintentionally (or was it intentionally?) accomplished the “digital velvet rope” thing – a huge run on a product with limited access and supply, which inevitably generates buzz. It actually really worked in their favor. On the one hand they hate the fact that their site crashed for so long, but on the other hand, giddy that everyone is talking about it and that demand was so high that it produced a crash. After all, the collection did sell out. Amazingly, this ‘underestimation’ allowed Target to come out ahead here from a PR, marketing, and sales.

Wexler cautions other brands not to try this at home. “Target was able to accomplish exclusivity on a mass scale – very difficult to do. I think this episode will only benefit Target.”

Was it Target’s intent to whip consumers into a fashion froth and leave them panting? Perhaps. It’s kind of hard to believe the company that has built a stellar apparel and accessories business by partnering with design greats for five years wouldn’t anticipate this reaction. Indeed, their last foray into a multi-channel collaboration with Liberty of London prompted similarly passionate purchases.

But we can forgive them selling out of Liberty’s color-splashed rubber boots, baby clothes, gardening tools and dishes because they’d never done it before. Did buyers really forget how Liberty merchandise sold out in a New York minute at a special pop-up shop located near Bryant Park (former home of NYC Fashion Week)?

All Target had to say was this:
Due to an overwhelming amount of traffic to target.com, as a result of the Missoni for Target launch, our Web site has been inaccessible throughout portions of the day. Target.com is seeing greater item demand than we do on a typical Black Friday and the excitement for this limited-time designer collection is unprecedented. We are slowly bringing the site back online to ensure we can provide a positive shopping experience to our guests.
Maybe the management team at the nation’s second-largest retailer is just full of optimists. Indeed, Wexler pointed out that it was “very curious” for Target to take its e-commerce operations back from Amazon and bring them in-house just three weeks prior to the much-hyped product launch. “I would have kept it status quo and made the change only after the launch,” Wexler told me.

Whatever the thinking (or lack thereof) behind the Missoni mash-up, Target stock is up .22 percent to $51.40 after the close of trading and the retailer’s comps at stores open at least a year should be stellar for September.

For those who missed out on snapping up the Missoni object of choice, there’s still hope. eBay has over 32,000 (and counting!) Missoni for Target items for sale.
-Lydia Dishman, Contributor
My beat is fashion retail and e-commerce, emphasis on luxury.

source: forbes.com

front row

I'd love the espresso set, though I'm not sure it will travel well to London.

I am stuck having to buy these items on ebay, but having had a look at the sheer volume of pieces and the insane prices, I'm going to wait and see if the excitement dies down, and the vultures come down in price.

If anyone has been able to get a "sweater skirt" - how does it fit? TTS? And, are the black pumps decent looking in real life? Thanks in advance!

17-09-2011
trendsetter

^ I think the sweater skirt fits true to target sizing but IMO most of the clothes I have from Target fit big. But be careful about holes, I found one and one that is starting to form in mine (the striped pleated skirt) so I will be returning it.

17-09-2011
fashion insider

I ended up buying my throw off of ebay. Got the purple version and paid $100 for it. I got sick and tired of going out of my way to a Target store only to find nothing left but that damn duvet set.

I would love the espresso set but people were asking $280 for them!!! I wanted to get a baby outfit for a friend of mine and I noticed one seller was asking $300 for the set!

TWITTER:
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
missoni, target