Miu Miu F/W 11.12 Paris - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-03-2011
old-fashioned

i'm in love
it is quite lady-like, and i can imagine some pieces in a Prada show, but the collection as a whole has those essential Miu Miu elements - the prints, the collars, the shoes, que overall quirkiness. i love it how some models are wearing a very clean makeup while others are wearing sunglasses and red lipstick - i don't know what Miuccia had in mind, but for me it felt as if they were playing dress-up in their mothers' wardrobe ("look at this fur, let's wear it as a belt!").

Alluring

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
i don't know what Miuccia had in mind, but for me it felt as if they were playing dress-up in their mothers' wardrobe ("look at this fur, let's wear it as a belt!").
Indeed, I had the same impression! At the very moment I saw Sigrid wearing the red lipstick and those glasses, I thought of a girl playing with her mother clothes.

trendsetter

Not entirely sure about some of the collars (I think I may have a slight collar aversion, TBH?!), but other than that, loved it!

09-03-2011
V.I.P.

the entire collection is the definition of "Ugliness" to me, I don't understand those illfitting traditional market wear for mama in the 80s and those dirty colors. the pattern and caps apparently are here trying to make the vibe youthful and hip, but it only gets more embarrassing than ever. seriously, what the hell are those baggy clutches and belt stuffs, girls are not Doraemons!

10-03-2011
front row

my favorite collection this season!

10-03-2011
Alluring

Quote:
PARIS, March 9, 2011

By Nicole Phelps

Hailee Steinfeld, Jennifer Lawrence, and Mila Kunis sat front-row at Miu Miu, but on the runway Miuccia Prada has moved on from last season's fascination with the cult of contemporary celebrity. Instead she offered a study of the forties, right down to the models' matte red lips and the combs holding back their hair. With its striking views of Le Tour d'Eiffel, architect Auguste Perret's 1937 Palais d'Iťna, which has never before been opened for a fashion show, proved a fitting backdrop for a modern vintage collection that transported us back to World War II-era Paris. (Marc Jacobs also touched on the era at Louis Vuitton today.)

Back then, of course, women would've worn stockings with their bold-shouldered, inverted-triangle jackets, or at the very least a pencil skirt. But here bare legs put the show's glitter-dipped sandal booties with their curving heels in sharp relief. Dresses were slim, long-sleeved, and to-the-knee and came printed with birds or white flowers like lilies of the valley and daisies. For evening, those same prints were picked out in sequins. Mink swagged the shoulders of little black dresses and, a bit more trickily, twisted around the hips of others. The models carried clutches that looked like blown-up versions of coin purses.

Afterward, someone observed that Prada looked like Miu Miu this season and vice versa. Suffice it to say that this was one of the designer's most elegant Miu Miu collections ever.
style.com

backstage pass

40's style and baseball caps ... this collection made me want to re-watch "A League of Their Own"
A nice collection, but I don't love it, I'm not a fan of shoulder pads and these are huge.

10-03-2011
V.I.P.

The shoes were amazing!

gettyimages.com/

10-03-2011
backstage pass

strange trend for me.... Prada collections are stronger for f/w....MiuMiu are for the s/s... i mean lately! The previous fall did not impress me, the spring 11 was AMAZING, this again... meh.

that having said that lilies of the valley and dandelion prints are adorable... and so is the dress on Daphne Groenveld. and i'm not even bored of the repeated bird print. prints are the strongest point of this collection. the shoes are quirky..don't know how wearable they will be, don't know how they'll translate into the retail versions, but they're certainly interesting. the 40's stuff.. didn't she do this for prada 09 already?

11-03-2011
backstage pass

This is not a perfect collection but most of it hits the right notes for me. My 1930s/40s visual vocabulary is not the strongest so the closest parallel I could think of was "polygamist compound gone wild". The coats and tops with exaggerated silhouettes are sinister in the best way.

Last edited by crosidan; 11-03-2011 at 01:16 AM.
11-03-2011
rising star

Yaa! The shoes are amazing!
I don't like the coats - they make girls look shorter.

11-03-2011
backstage pass

does anyone know where i can see details/accessories? i can't find them anywhere

Alluring

There are a few shots on gettyimages, I will upload them in a minute.

Alluring

As I said, there are really a few shots, it looks like no one paid a proper attention to the details at this show. If someone finds some more, it'd be very appreciated.

gettyimages

Hell on Heels

i found this on daylife.com:

this one from vogue.com:

and this one on purple-diary.com:

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, miu, paris