Miu Miu F/W 11.12 Paris - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-03-2011
Alluring

I just adore her bags this season, especially those, as Nicole Phelps called them, blown-up versions of coin purses, the fur models are particularly lovely. Generally, I'm glad Miuccia played with fur again, she does like no one else.

trendsetter

More shoes

elle

Last edited by deango; 11-03-2011 at 03:03 PM.
11-03-2011
trendsetter

elle

11-03-2011
trendsetter

I obviously don't like the fact that it's fur, but I love the clasp of that fur clutch.

BTW, the cut/graze on the poor model's ankle, above, looks like it has glitter in it?!

Last edited by chloehandbags; 11-03-2011 at 03:33 PM.
12-03-2011
trendsetter

love the prints and the shoes... not very fan of the shapes, but this is true miuccia!

12-03-2011
fashion elite

Really.. I never see a beautiful shoes. really gorgeous.

When in doubt, wear red.

Miucca is really on a roll this season. Both Prada and Miu Miu were perfect!!
What I love the most, its that you don't even have to re-watch the collection at least three times & digest everything to see how brilliant it is. I love the take on innocence through a very ladylike aesthetic. Of course it looks more grown-up than usual. And I think the best example of this maturity, is MCB opening. And not a 16 y.o new face.
Maria-Carla embodies perfectly that image of experience and strenght. This being said, I still have a youthful feeling towards the collection. The shape of the clothes, the hair, the two sporty looks w/ caps reminds me of girls playing by dressing up as their mothers. A feeling emphasized by the oversized clutches and the overglitter shoes which look like the rip-off accessories of women's ones that are made for their daugthers (for ex: Suri Cruise little heeled sandals )

Alluring

^Although model talk is not allowed here, I just have to say that Mariacarla opening the show was like a cherry on top of a most delicious cake. She embraced the mood of the collection like no one would.

I must say though I'm kinda bummed the fashion world seems to ignore Miu Miu a bit. Silly as may it sound, it makes me nervous there aren't so many decent detail shots or that they didn't include Miuccia's explanation in the reviews. Sure, it's easy to see what's going on and come to conclusions on your own, but I always enjoy reading what she herself has to say. Also, it's sad that style.com stopped doing their video coverage from Miu's shows after Fall 2007. Diffusion line or not, Miu Miu's no longer to be seen as Prada's little sister, and this collection is yet another example it did develop quite an identity on its own.

V.I.P.

I loved AW10 and SS10 so much. I'm saving my pennies for SS10. This collection is just as great. Not a fan of the fur belt but the coats are cool. I'm sure lots of stylist will be hiking up the hem lines. The shoes are just amazing. Love the bags too.

12-03-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

i must say that i love when miu miu sends out a classier and a more mature collection than its older sister, prada. for the past couple of seasons at miu miu, we've found some of the most fanciful footwear on the planet, the most gorgeous day wear dresses, and frankly, a lot more realistic and wearable clothes than we ever get out of a prada collection. what i loved about this collection in particular came in how it not only how it made such beautiful references to the historical, but how it brought the house back to that early aughties aesthetic that served the house so well.

vogue.com

Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackos View Post
I must say though I'm kinda bummed the fashion world seems to ignore Miu Miu a bit. Silly as may it sound, it makes me nervous there aren't so many decent detail shots or that they didn't include Miuccia's explanation in the reviews. Sure, it's easy to see what's going on and come to conclusions on your own, but I always enjoy reading what she herself has to say. Also, it's sad that style.com stopped doing their video coverage from Miu's shows after Fall 2007. Diffusion line or not, Miu Miu's no longer to be seen as Prada's little sister, and this collection is yet another example it did develop quite an identity on its own.
So true. I've always wondered this myself. It's ignored in this way, and yet, Miu Miu always ends up taking the cake, or at the very least, the biggest slice, of editorial exposure, especially in the last year or so. Where's the disconnect?

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 16-03-2011 at 11:34 AM.
16-03-2011
Mr. Magic

Accessories!

eastnews.ru

16-03-2011
Mr. Magic

eastnews.ru

16-03-2011
Mr. Magic

eastnews.ru

16-03-2011
Mr. Magic