Miu Miu F/W 2017.18 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2017
V.I.P.

I'll be biased if it's from Shrimps and using faux fur. Just because they've done something like this season after season. Those giant fluffs are cute, the only thing I can praise about it.

07-03-2017
front row

Those looks with the enormous hats and oversized fur coats remind me of what Marc Jacobs did for both is eponymous line and Louis Vuitton for fall 2012! To sum up this show with one word, it would have to be Decadent! This was so decadent, to a level I have never seen from Miuccia in both this and Prada! The styling does make it pretentious, but not so much that I can't see the amazing pieces on some of the looks! Those bejewelled dresses at the end were the best part, just spectacular!

08-03-2017
V.I.P.

ouch...

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
08-03-2017
trendsetter

It looks like the Gucci effect has taken over Miu Miu too....

11-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Suddenly, i hope that Katie would be the EIC of Vogue Uk...Just to end this non-sense.
Right.

I for one, loved the extravaganza this time around. Deliciously madcap.

In a way, I think both Katie and Miuccia are reacting to the general state of high fashion.

11-03-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
It looks like the Gucci effect has taken over Miu Miu too....
To me it's the other way around.

12-03-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlekindearrabal View Post
Right.

I for one, loved the extravaganza this time around. Deliciously madcap.

In a way, I think both Katie and Miuccia are reacting to the general state of high fashion.
IMO this is more of the result of the general state of fashion than a reaction to it.
I find it sad that MiuMiu (a "fashion" brand compared to Prada) favor sensationalism to fashion. Miu Miu is quirky but this is ridiculous.

The "young ingenue" look here is forced and OTT. I don't see MiuMiu in this. I see a stylist playing dress-up.
I really think that Rizzo's work for MiuMiu established it to another level than Prada and this feels very weird.

Looking at this, i don't even know if it will be produced and that has never been the case at MiuMiu for me.

12-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
IMO this is more of the result of the general state of fashion than a reaction to it.
I find it sad that MiuMiu (a "fashion" brand compared to Prada) favor sensationalism to fashion. Miu Miu is quirky but this is ridiculous.

The "young ingenue" look here is forced and OTT. I don't see MiuMiu in this. I see a stylist playing dress-up.
I really think that Rizzo's work for MiuMiu established it to another level than Prada and this feels very weird.

Looking at this, i don't even know if it will be produced and that has never been the case at MiuMiu for me.
Wondering if the looks will be produced at all reinforces my perspective on the collection.

The sheer ridiculousness of the styling (which to be honest, is a Katie Grand signature) means Miuccia gave her carte blanche to do so. Such an improbable collection is probably what she was aiming for, mostly disregarding 'commercial' preoccupations and going all out on an idea.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, miu, paris