How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2011
fashion icon

She seems to have designed this with young girls in mind. I'm sure Hailee Steinfeld and Elle Fanning will have a ball dressing up as Snow White, Little BoPeep, the Swiss Miss girl...etc

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

This is hideous, pure and simple. The silhouettes, the fabrics, the embroidery, the patch-work, the colour palette - everything was kitschy and trying far too hard to be cutting edge and modern. Besides that, this is one big bore. I found myself more interested in the soundtrack than I was in the actual collection!

Unfortunately this season is proving that Miuccia is no longer at the forefront of ideas. Both Prada and Miu Miu were exceedingly terrile. And there were far more creative and modern collections that had simple (yet progressive) ideas.

Prada needs to stop trying hard to be interesting and 'fashion forward'. When she does things that are less contrived, thats when the collections truly succeed.

06-10-2011
she's got the look

I'm really not a fan of the patchwork use. On the other hand, the other looks are so gorgeous, especially the dark dresses.

V.I.P.

that it took her just "15 days" to design that collection tell me a lot. and the shoes she probably found in the basement somewhere...

06-10-2011
backstage pass

clean and simple, i really like it!

06-10-2011
fashion insider

The shoes are bags are so strange. But aside from that, I love it! I especially love the capes and anything remotely cape-like. Oh, and the blue dresses and black dresses? Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
I understand people not liking this collection, but it's absurd to call this uninspired. Really? Your concept of inspiration is really skewed if you think this uninspired.
It's called having an opinion.

front row

I like some of the purses but the rest is not my cup of tea, such shame.

trendsetter

This really isn't a patch on her magnificent F/W 2011 collection, but is streets ahead of that hideous S/S 2011 collection. Some of the pieces - if modified a bit - can indeed look perfectly chic and trendy.

06-10-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
It's called having an opinion.
Not liking it it is an opinion. Saying it this is uninspired, I don't think so. Muccia didn't send out blank white dresses.

06-10-2011
fashion elite

I think some of it was actually interesting. I can't help it. But I think only 1 or maybe 2 outfits really stood out. Not too sure what to think but I can tell you that there's way too much repetition for me.

07-10-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Not liking it it is an opinion. Saying it this is uninspired, I don't think so. Muccia didn't send out blank white dresses.

You mean, all of us are only allowed to say "I like it!" or "I hate it!"?

Yes, to me, sending out the exact SAME skirt, the same "wrap" with big velvet bow, the same types of tops and coat in DIFFERENT colours and patchwork pattern is not so different from sending out blank white dresses and completely uninspiring (incidentally, Jil Sander's plain white dresses were much more inspiring).

I know of a thousand small designers out there who are not so bored with design that they don't bother to even try to vary the dressmaking patterns for their collections.

07-10-2011
front row

Personally, I really like this collection. And as for the rest of you, I'm thinking it may grow on you. That's the way she runs Miu Miu. If you look at it in a certain way it's very beautiful.

07-10-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitcouturier View Post
it may grow on you. That's the way she runs Miu Miul.

precisely!!!!!

07-10-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
So your opinion is that uninspired is sending out blank white dresses while another person might have a different view on the word.

V.I.P.

And I thought last season was lackluster....
Miuccia produced another disappointing collection. This sure isn't her season. I appreciate the somewhat dark folksy inspiration I'm getting from this, but it all just doesn't click. There's nothing that's making me go gaga for this. Last spring/summer was way more desirable than this.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, miu, paris, s or s