How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2012
fashion elite

Miuccia has seriously casted a spell on me this season. I very rarely like or even understand her collections. Its even more rare for me to love both. The fabrics used for those coats are so divine. I can take or leave most of the accessories though. Well done.

03-10-2012
fashion elite

Miu Miu | Spring Summer 2013 | Full Show | Exclusive Video on You Tube/Original Soundtrack

V.I.P.

It has a Geisha vibe about it, maybe it is the hair and make-up. I quite like this and those denim? coat will be hit! And the fur too but for spring?

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Delicious collection, one of the best of the season and far better than Prada. I love the way she played with the japanese inspiration here, much more subtle and elegant. There's a hint of 60's seduction running through it. Love the coats, the denim and the use of fur, she made it look just right even though it's s/s.

What fresh hell is this.?

I really hadn't high hopes for this collection, just having seem Prada. Especially since I haven't really cared for Miu Miu the last 5 years or so. Though, I used to really like it around 2000-2006.
I'm sort of pleasantly surprised by this. I by no means love it. But it was better than what I had expected and it sort of reminded me a little of earlier Miu Miu collections. I do think that there are a few nice pieces. eg. the printed "batik" ones.

backstage pass

Amazing collection!! Liked more of Miu Miu than Prada, but I don't understand so many fur and leather gloves in the summer season

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarearockstar View Post
I always love a season when Prada looks more like "Miu Miu," and Miu Miu more like "Prada."
This.
I'm with you.

03-10-2012
backstage pass

It's OK. It's miles better than the Prada collection, but I could've sworn this season is S/S 2013, not F/W.

03-10-2012
windowshopping

What an end to Paris! This is the definition of unassuming luxury. For example, with the use of pre-wrinkled fabrics and denim in the dramatic silhouettes it would be quite easy to feel comfortable and impeccable at the same time. The prints are also much less abrasive than that of Prada, which I appreciate. The rising and falling runway was also quite exquisite. Even though stairs probably aren't the best idea when showing restrictive skirts but IMO it still felt consummate. However, the wafting jazz throughout the soundtrack and the sporadic lighting were really what swept me away... A throwback romance to provide the perfect modern fantasy.

03-10-2012
front row

Miu Miu is always excellent. And this is no exception.

03-10-2012
backstage pass

It was nice, a lot better than her Prada collection (which still isn't saying much) I just need to let it sink in. Feels like a few of her past collections combined (spring 2009, spring 2011
) but I can say that the shoes are gorgeous

V.I.P.

I've hated almost everything I've seen in Paris this season, and this is no exception. *sigh*

03-10-2012
fashion elite

I love how she switches our minds and the younger sister Miu Miu is actualy dressing more mature and the older one Prada has a more funky na dyoung appeal to her.
By far the best colection of the season.

03-10-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

only one thing comes to mind...Monster....Charlize Theron

V.I.P.

I'm a little disappointed with the collection. Some beautiful pieces and the bags are really lovely .

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, miu, paris, s or s