How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-12-2010
V.I.P.

I would LOVE to see Decarnin doing Balmain for H&M collection
I think this is the most suitable brand for a diffusion line,it's young and cool so it's kinda perfect for H&M(while I think Lanvin collaboration is a bit too high level)
And I think everybody would go buying a Balmain jacket without giving out more than $1.000...and just imagine the dresses!
Also the menswear part will be very interesting(Lanvin one kinda sucked)

02-12-2010
In Bloom

^You can already buy a Balmain jacket for $40 in H&M. They are the same except for the label sitting in the neck.

we were in love

03-12-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^You can already buy a Balmain jacket for $40 in H&M. They are the same except for the label sitting in the neck.
by that measure, one could find an item from the lines of any number of marquee designers since all of these retailers dispatch their copycat seamstresses to poach their designs for that very purpose.

In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
by that measure, one could find an item from the lines of any number of marquee designers since all of these retailers dispatch their copycat seamstresses to poach their designs for that very purpose.
That is not true. Balmain is cheap-looking ripped clothes that somehow is being sold for thousands of dollars, that does not go for every designer out there.

I hate what Decarnin has done to Balmain.

we were in love

04-12-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
That is not true. Balmain is cheap-looking ripped clothes that somehow is being sold for thousands of dollars, that does not go for every designer out there.

I hate what Decarnin has done to Balmain.
christopher decarnin at balmain did not invent deconstruction and has never stood as the only one in the game using it to move merch: both the fendi and chanel collections for spring featured ripped and moth-eaten holes in the clothes. and chanel, like balmain, makes one blanche with their prices. and i can guarantee one will see chanel knockoffs in h+m, zara, and the like. ditto burberry, dior, michael kors, dolce mens, lanvin mens and so many others this spring season who all incorporated the ripped, washed, faded, and frayed in their collections in the selfsame manner that balmain does just fashioned with a different attitude.

style.com

front row

I'd love to see Galliano do for H&M... i think it would look good, but i'm not sure how that sounds... Galliano 4 H&M lol.... Same with McQueen, but i'd love to see that O.O
Jacobs would be great, i have to agree..Prada too but i doubt that.Prada would never go cheper.
I heard Tom Ford might be next.
How about Betsey? That would sell i am sure! Or Westwood <3 ohh that would be beautiful!

07-12-2010
V.I.P.

so i heard the next one will be with Marc Jacobs?

07-12-2010
front row

Betsey Johnson might be a good idea

08-12-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceMajor View Post
so i heard the next one will be with Marc Jacobs?
anyone who has been to any of his stores knows this makes perfect sense given his lower price offerings.

In Bloom

Quote:
christopher decarnin at balmain did not invent deconstruction and has never stood as the only one in the game using it to move merch: both the fendi and chanel collections for spring featured ripped and moth-eaten holes in the clothes.
Who cares? I'm not saying he invented ****ty-looking clothes. I'm just saying that not every designer out there puts out clothes that look like they belong to homeless people. But H&M already does Balmain pieces, the quality is the same, what would be the point then? It would not be awesome, it would just be the same as regular H&M.

H&M can never produce a jacket that could be mistaken for a Chanel. But H&M produces lots of tees that easily can be mistaken for a $500 Balmain tee with holes in it.

we were in love

08-12-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret24 View Post
Betsey Johnson might be a good idea
Why? No one in Europe, H&Ms biggest market, knows her. She'd probably do it though

we were in love

08-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
anyone who has been to any of his stores knows this makes perfect sense given his lower price offerings.
i think his Special Items would be cheaper than the H&M collaboration

besides, unlike the previous designers, i wouldn't say Marc has a distinctive look to him. his aesthetics tend to be changing every other season.

08-12-2010
windowshopping

I WISH THE NEXT DESIGNER IS CELINE! It'll be so cool to get a piece of celine's designs!

TO H&M :: PICK CELINE FOR THE NEXT COLLABOARTION.

windowshopping

no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Who cares? I'm not saying he invented ****ty-looking clothes. I'm just saying that not every designer out there puts out clothes that look like they belong to homeless people. But H&M already does Balmain pieces, the quality is the same, what would be the point then? It would not be awesome, it would just be the same as regular H&M.

H&M can never produce a jacket that could be mistaken for a Chanel. But H&M produces lots of tees that easily can be mistaken for a $500 Balmain tee with holes in it.
i haven't been in an h+m in a couple of weeks, but i did not know they had suits cut from gold brocade or dresses cut from gold chain-mail on their racks. further, and again, it's been a couple weeks, the h+m crowd doesn't really do deconstruction because they think it's 'cheap,' no matter the process nor origin of such things. if one thinks the quality of a garment produced in a sweatshop in the third world has the same quality as something handmade in france or italy, then one finds herself h+m's target customer and really any designer collaboration should thrill her. even a chanel couture jacket would cost less should a retailer produce ten million of that item vs. ten. after all, it's the nature of the industrial process and they're not spinning those jackets from GOLD, they're spinning them from wool just as commonplace as the cotton some decry.

by that measure, the next h+m collaboration should come from dolce & gabbana seeing as they make swift profits from their plain mass-produced cotton undershirts that they sell for hundred bucks a pop.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, miuccia, prada