How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2006
scenester

Helmut Lang for Target - the construction is not expensive - he needs a new home - minimalism and deconstructivism for the masses - that would be sooooo good! - and bring back phillpe starck!

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

Prada would be cool. Would appeal to the mass market.

Lagerfeld was very French, Stella was very London ... the missing component is New York. Who better than Marc Jacobs? Would definitely be cool for something like H&M.

10-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastry
Hedi Slimane for H&M would be the greatest thng ever, but i'd question the wearability of the items he'd produce, and there just aren't many average cutomers who are aware of him and would "get" his shrunken jackets.
I don´t think so, there´s a fairly good amount of boys that are already dressing this way, after all, H&M (as well as other highstreet chains) just started copying the DH look recently - the skinny black ties, the drainpipe jeans, the striped jerseys and even a 1:1 copy of a Dior trenchcoat (down to the signature shoulder darts!)... also please notice the fairly big amount of "slim fit" clothes in their menswear. It´s just the name that only few will actually know, and that might prove out to be a little less commercial than with other designers. And yeah, as much as I wouldn´t want to see it, myself, I bet it could work in terms of design and clothes.

10-01-2006
scenester

I think that would be great. I cannot always afford Ms. Prada's prices.
Although I have to say that, so far, not impressed with anyone's collection for H&M. Maybe it's just me.

DolceLorenzo

I don't think so"
In These Shoes by Kirsty MacColl

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

Maybe Prada for H&M would show people that the heart of Prada is not cheap nylon bags and black nylon sport clothes with a red plastic logo.

I would HATE for Hedi Slimane to work with H&M. Although maybe if he did, he'd move the cheap crap he's doing for Dior Homme to H&M and produce something good for DH.

Marc Jacobs is already boring crap, so he'd be a perfect candidate.

Helmut Lang for Target would make me puke.

10-01-2006
windowshopping

didn't we already see hedi slimane for h&m? it was called "karl lagerfeld for h&m".

10-01-2006
backstage pass

apparently before the whole Kate Moss cocaine fiasco, H&M was trying to get Mrs. Moss to design a collection for them.

10-01-2006
tfs star

do you all think LVMH will let Hedi design a collection for them?, i find it very difficult... i read somewhere that Stella did it because she wasn´t doing good with her own company and needed money, Karl, well, Karl can do what he pleaces, Prada´s accesories are all about the highest luxury, the best of the best, do you imagine an h&m by prada bag for 100 dollars? done with cheap and quick manufactures things, sound to me a little like a fake prada from the street but maybe i´m totally wrong.

10-01-2006
trendsetter

i would also hate to see hedi do something for h&m just imagine all the chavs in his clothes also i'd feel a bit sad because something i saved and saved and saved for to have something really special would be for sale on the high street for everyone to wear

10-01-2006
backstage pass

It's not only a question if the designer is capable and if the public knows him, but rather: the risk for brand damage.

I think using Miucca will be a great succes, but a mistake for the Prada brand. They are 'up there' after the brand dilution with the red striped products. It would be a strange move. Unless it's Miucca for H&M or something like that...

Since McQueen is launching cheaper lines he could be very willing to do this to gain publicity... and he is part of the Gucci Group just like Stella...

Marc Jacobs? I doubt if LVMH would be willing to do this, they are working hard to keep Louis Vuitton's exclusive image with all the fakes around.

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j´adore dior
Prada´s accesories are all about the highest luxury, the best of the best, do you imagine an h&m by prada bag for 100 dollars? done with cheap and quick manufactures things, sound to me a little like a fake prada from the street but maybe i´m totally wrong.
Well, a lot of Prada's bags, especially the nylon ones, obviously, are already horrible, so I can definitely imagine such a thing. They could just use the Prada ones, put a different logo on, and still make plenty of profit.

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

i'm not sure if someone mentioned helmut lang as an option but it would be amazing to see his designs at a more accessible price, though i'm sure it wouldnt drag as many clientele as Prada going cheap or whatever.

Dries Van Noten would be an incredible choice too, not a lot of people know him but i'm sure they'd like his desings.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro
Are you crazy?! Prada is the most watched and anticipated runway show of the season!

If Karl and Stella's collections for H&M sold out completely in a matter of hours, could you just imagine all those hungry brand conscious Asian and Japanese shoppers stampeding their way inside the H&M stores of L.A., , NYC, White Plains, San Francisco, Manhasett, Las Vegas, and King of Prussia?
to us..prada is most anticipated to us. i didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot, that's why i cared to mention that i am very fond of prada first. miuccia's work and personality are undeniably something to aspire to.

but thinking commerically...

people only drop the name because it's a household term, very few know about the intellectual research she goes through. people would come expecting the usual pointy-toed stilletto and will find a stacked heel shoe or an odd platform.

i love it, but i doubt there are enough people who share my opinion.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
10-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
I don´t think so, there´s a fairly good amount of boys that are already dressing this way, after all, H&M (as well as other highstreet chains) just started copying the DH look recently - the skinny black ties, the drainpipe jeans, the striped jerseys and even a 1:1 copy of a Dior trenchcoat (down to the signature shoulder darts!)... also please notice the fairly big amount of "slim fit" clothes in their menswear. It´s just the name that only few will actually know, and that might prove out to be a little less commercial than with other designers. And yeah, as much as I wouldn´t want to see it, myself, I bet it could work in terms of design and clothes.
you've convinced me. i should have known better i work there, but i gave up on menswear a long time because it isn't very exciting..at all. well, most of it, anyhow.

true to the skinny jeans and trenchcoats, the retro ties and stripes. i mena, i suppose there are boys who will get excited. it just isn't what i usually see walking out the door

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
11-01-2006
backstage pass

Slimane by far. Or anyone that can represent the male crowd. I think I speak for most of us when I say that we've been feeling neglected with the past collaborations.=[

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, miuccia, prada