How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2006
scenester

Miuccia Prada for H&M ?...or who do you think should be the next? Why?
I just wanna know what would be happened if Queen of Innovative Couture comes to the fast fashion???

or who elses?

Enjoy!!

I prefer Slimane....

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

They have approached her with the idea. She was quoted as saying that she finds it an interesting concept and would like to do something innovative.

mrs. Prada is of course, my favourite, but the crod doesn't know what she stands for. it's sad that Prada constantly finds its way into pop culture and songs about the high life. the pop-obsessed don't know what Prada is, they just drop the name because it's household.

all in all, Prada is more of an innovative stylist anyway. And they put a great deal of research into the way they treat fabric, or so it seems. It doesn't have a said style like Stella McCartney, so it'd be an iffy fit, no?

My next nomination (although H&M isn't going to have a designer line next year) is Marc Jacobs. Everyone knows the name, and he's been doing pretty good things lately.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
10-01-2006
tfs star

Hedi Slimane, obviously so that the kids can finally afford any of his clothes. His style is very distinctly his and can easily be identified, and apart from the expensiveness of the tailoring, should be able to translate into high street.

Marc Jacobs, for his vintage-y designs á la Marc by Marc Jacobs, but that would have probably been too obvious and boring, as he already has a diffusion line. Nonetheless, this should EASILY fit with H&Ms.

Eley Kishimoto could work as well, with their colourful printworks. They are never too elaborate on a technical level (construction) and the clothes have a very youthful, street-ish vibe. The same goes for Clements Ribeiro.

I think above everything, it´s important to choose a designer that is not too adult-ish in his or her vision, H&M is simply not giving the right context to a Tom Ford or Alber Elbaz, also since their clientele is much younger than what certain designers stand for.

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
Marc Jacobs, for his vintage-y designs la Marc by Marc Jacobs, but that would have probably been too obvious and boring, as he already has a diffusion line. Nonetheless, this should EASILY fit with H&Ms.
my point exactly.

also, tricotine, imo it has to be a name that's more or less household.

Mr. Slimane..that would be a dream! but the recognition factor sin't there..

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
10-01-2006
front row

i think Slimane would be perfect, but i don't see it happening to soon....
also i think some designers for high-end street wear would do great, people behind visvim, hiroshi fujiwara, i think that would yield some very interesting results!

10-01-2006
front row

Marc Jacobs is a great idea, he really would fit in well.

Hedi Slimane would be terrible in my opinion, I mean obviously I'd love it, but in the same way marc jacobs has all the fitting factors, slimane has none. H&M fit is ridiculously varying, even within the designer ranges, I have a friend who wanted to buy 2 pairs of the stella skinny trousers, so she could still wear them after all the clones, but found herself buying a 38 and a 40 just for the same fit, it really would be terrible if the same thing happened to a line by a designer renowned for his fit and cut .
Speaking of clones, how awful would it be to have a million people running around in hedi slimane, it was bad enough when topman started doing a version of the pete doherty thing and seeing millions of people running around in trilbys etc..., it would be terrible to have the real version running around everywhere. God, I can just imagine the clubs I go to absolutely full of them. I'd get a perm, a cowboy shirt and listen exclusively to country if it happened.
Some labels work well mass market, but sometimes exlcusivity has gotta mean something. It would make something once sharp and substancial lazy and uncreative.

All of that said, it would work for the whole trend of modern, sharp lines etc... predicted for the high st.

Cor blimey I went on a bit of a rant there, apologies!

10-01-2006
front row

I haven't really looked at what Stella put out for H&M. But I believe in exclusivity too. I'm not an eliteist, but one of the arguements for buying designer is to stand out, to look different; which explains the occasionally exorbitant prices. Some sort of new exclusivity would be invented, that's just how supply/demand in relationship to luxury works.

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

I could see Marc Jacobs doing something- his trendy younger type pieces would do well.

I would like to see muiccia- some simple more pasic things with a twist like she is known for-

also it would be nice to see Balenciaga (I forget the designers name.) Some of those perfect, fitted blazers, and pants. Of course I doubt that he'd ever do it.

V.I.P.

marc jacobs for h&m would sell like hotcakes. they would have twice as many riots and incidents as they did for stella this year.

could be a security problem.

i think hedi would be great.

10-01-2006
windowshopping

have u ever considered jean paul gaultier, maybe sth will sparkle

10-01-2006
front row

Ms. Prada for H&M
Although I have a couple of PRADA items, I find their prices to be very steep. Even for the M I U M I U and Prada Sport lines, its rare to find ready-to-wear clothing priced under $300 or $400 USD in the boutiques. So I think it would be a great idea...

Miuccia said she likes the whole concept but doesn't like the idea of copying the MAIN collection straight out. But I think Ms. Prada is spontaneous and intelligent enough to distinguish H&M w/PRADA mainline.

-- Maybe 'Miuccia Prada for h&M parfum' or 'Prada for H&m accessories" would be a better idea.

Personaly, I think it would be smart to do Jil Sander for H&m, since shes currently not with any company and many loyal fans miss her dearly.

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

^i think prada for H&M accesories would be a failure. it wouldn't sell, because even though prada built its name on them, most people don't know what goes down the prada runway.

the shoes? i love them, but they're not something that would appeal to the pointy-wearing crowd.

and to sum up my thoughts so far:

Whatever name they choose to feature next, it has to be well-known. Marc Jacobs is obviously one of those..

Hedi Slimane for H&M would be the greatest thng ever, but i'd question the wearability of the items he'd produce, and there just aren't many average cutomers who are aware of him and would "get" his shrunken jackets.

10-01-2006
desire, undefined

marc jacobs would surely be a safe choice. but i'd love to see what alexander mcqueen would do for h&m.

Last edited by Mettchen; 10-01-2006 at 03:31 PM.
10-01-2006
V.I.P.

Didn't I hear Alexander McQueen and a H&M collaboration being bandied about ?

I'm sure it's a rumour but if not, I think it would be very difficult to incoporate the essence of McQueen's designs into H&M's mode of operation.
Same goes for Hedi Slimane.

I think there are one lot of designers that can't be cheapened in this way and another lot that are able to. Designers like Marc Jacobs and Eley Kishimoto would be perfect.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
10-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastry
^i think prada for H&M accesories would be a failure. it wouldn't sell, because even though prada built its name on them, most people don't know what goes down the prada runway....
Are you crazy?! Prada is the most watched and anticipated runway show of the season!

If Karl and Stella's collections for H&M sold out completely in a matter of hours, could you just imagine all those hungry brand conscious Asian and Japanese shoppers stampeding their way inside the H&M stores of L.A., , NYC, White Plains, San Francisco, Manhasett, Las Vegas, and King of Prussia?

Last edited by Andro; 10-01-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, miuccia, prada