The most hideous dress you've ever seen #1 - Page 23 - the Fashion Spot
 
How to Join
19-09-2011
  331
V.I.P.
 
Littleathquakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,621
even the models look bad wearing those, can you imagine the average woman?

 
19-09-2011
  332
V.I.P.
 
Psylocke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 11,100
The new Giles collection hasn't even been fully uploaded to nowfashion yet and I already know we'll see a lot of it in this thread


Those Cavalli dresses are horrid. Not even the fact that some of the most stunning models (Elise, Eugenia, Julia ) are wearing them can conceal the fact that everything about them is just wrong

 
19-09-2011
  333
Geometric Discharge
 
Crying Diamonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion_Girl22 View Post
I always try to give Cavalli the benefit of the doubt because he is capable of creating great dresses, and has created great dresses...but these are never ok, in any situation.

Spring 2004



Fall 2003

stylebistro

He must think that he's good with feathers.
How about these beauts from Cavalli S/S 09



style.com

 
19-09-2011
  334
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion_Girl22 View Post
I always try to give Cavalli the benefit of the doubt because he is capable of creating great dresses, and has created great dresses...but these are never ok, in any situation.

Spring 2004

Fall 2003


He must think that he's good with feathers.
This is the time when collections werent so sales-oriented and fashion shows were real fashion shows.... When you watch ss04 first look, cavalli talks about his collection being inspired by Cher. I think he perfectly captured the whole 90s era with sexy and ostentatious clothes with all the glitters, feathers or leather.... You saw Cher wearing all those craziest outfits (like Lady gaga now) and she simply rocked them all... nobody can touch that....
Regardless of your comments, Roberto and his sales were at the pinnacle at that time....
and I dont get the whole wearability comments.... Galliano and Dior had far less wearable outfits but nobody talks about them... oh well....

style.com

 
19-09-2011
  335
backstage pass
 
clarissea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: France
Gender: femme
Posts: 882
This NYFW was full of ugliest things Oo Rodarte, Proenza, Marc Jacobs... :/

 
 
19-09-2011
  336
tfs star
 
CholoChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Peru
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,623
It is because this thread are to post horrible dresses.

Galliano and Dior has lots and lots of unwearable pieces,
but lots and lots of them they are still very beautiful and inspiring and
not horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikingFashion View Post
.... Galliano and Dior had far less wearable outfits but nobody talks about them... oh well....

__________________
Please visit and like (if you like it) my Cholochic, thank you!
 
19-09-2011
  337
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by CholoChic View Post
It is because this thread are to post horrible dresses.

Galliano and Dior has lots and lots of unwearable pieces,
but lots and lots of them they are still very beautiful and inspiring and
not horrible.
not really... Cavalli era of 2003-2006 was the best of his entire career and he was very highly acclaimed by both critics and celebrities at that time...
I dont find any 'the most horrible outfits ive ever seen' in those collections but i guess thats just my opinion....
regardless of my love for galliano, i have to say some of his creations were too much even for me....
some of galliano's 'beautiful' pieces of 2004 (and way more wearable than cavalli)



style.com

 
19-09-2011
  338
tfs star
 
Kite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,674
natasha's styling is just ghastly!

 
19-09-2011
  339
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 412
I also dont like when Cavalli uses feathers, people automatically say its tacky just because they know its Cavalli.. and when McQueen does it, they automatically glorify him as the best designer of all time...
horrible dresses of mcqueen ss08
feather extravaganza

what is this????


style.com

 
19-09-2011
  340
Hell on Heels
 
mistress_f's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rome
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,904
are we really comparing galliano and mcqueen to roberto cavalli, the epitome of italian tacky and trashy? seriously?

how is ANY of the mcqueen outfits - which is absolutely right to dislike but... - tacky?

 
19-09-2011
  341
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
are we really comparing galliano and mcqueen to roberto cavalli, the epitome of italian tacky and trashy? seriously?

how is ANY of the mcqueen outfits - which is absolutely right to dislike but... - tacky?
first of all, i dont see me calling tacky neither Galliano nor McQueen anywhere... you did...
secondly, this is what im talking about... yes, these designers are extremely talented but it doesnt mean they are untouchable and cannot make a mistake from time to time... its like everything from Galliano, McQueen and Balenciaga MUST be perfect just because its Galliano, McQueen or Balenciaga.... and everything from Cavalli, Gucci and Versace MUST be tacky just because its Cavalli, Gucci and Versace.... really????
i look at individual clothes for what they look like, not by whom they were designed....
and yeah.. im comparing these certain outfits and my vote goes to Cavalli....

 
19-09-2011
  342
Alluring
 
mackos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suburbs
Gender: homme
Posts: 14,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikingFashion View Post
I dont find any 'the most horrible outfits ive ever seen' in those collections but i guess thats just my opinion....
Given that half of these are not dresses, they don't seem to belong here indeed.

And speaking of Giles, this little feathered thing from S/S 12 instantly caught my eye today.


nowfashion.com

__________________
dreams, jazz and minimalism
 
19-09-2011
  343
V.I.P.
 
FashionPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Glamorama
Gender: homme
Posts: 9,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
even the models look bad wearing those, can you imagine the average woman?
Oh yes because the average woman wears a pink feathered mini dress to go working to the office...
Nobody would wear those Cavalli dresses in real life because they are intended as stage outfits for celebrities or statement pieces in editorial...

__________________
Between style and fashion?ABSOLUTELY FASHION!
 
19-09-2011
  344
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackos View Post
Given that half of these are not dresses, they don't seem to belong here indeed.
i dont see those Thomas Browne SS12 suits and Cavalli SS09 green-lime jumpsuit with hoody in 333 to be dresses either....
and i only posted couple suits from dior fw04, the rest from same collection are dresses covered wiv coat or a jacket.... dior fw03, galliano fw04 and mcqueen ss08 are all dresses (not sure bout that thing in galliano fw04 though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionPower View Post
Oh yes because the average woman wears a pink feathered mini dress to go working to the office...
Nobody would wear those Cavalli dresses in real life because they are intended as stage outfits for celebrities or statement pieces in editorial...
couldnt agree more... at least somebody gets it...


Last edited by AD122915; 19-09-2011 at 06:37 PM.
 
19-09-2011
  345
tfs star
 
CholoChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Peru
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,623
I think that pics are no horrible
they are so fun masterpieces !

Such a funny spirit what Galliano used to sent on the catwalk!
I was crying of hapiness in that moments,
not thinking if they are wereable or not, just having a big fashion fun moment!


Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikingFashion View Post
not really... Cavalli era of 2003-2006 was the best of his entire career and he was very highly acclaimed by both critics and celebrities at that time...
I dont find any 'the most horrible outfits ive ever seen' in those collections but i guess thats just my opinion....
regardless of my love for galliano, i have to say some of his creations were too much even for me....
some of galliano's 'beautiful' pieces of 2004 (and way more wearable than cavalli)

__________________
Please visit and like (if you like it) my Cholochic, thank you!
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, dress, hideous
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2018 All rights reserved.