The most hideous dress you've ever seen #1 - Page 23 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
19-09-2011
V.I.P.

even the models look bad wearing those, can you imagine the average woman?

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

The new Giles collection hasn't even been fully uploaded to nowfashion yet and I already know we'll see a lot of it in this thread

Those Cavalli dresses are horrid. Not even the fact that some of the most stunning models (Elise, Eugenia, Julia ) are wearing them can conceal the fact that everything about them is just wrong

19-09-2011
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion_Girl22 View Post
I always try to give Cavalli the benefit of the doubt because he is capable of creating great dresses, and has created great dresses...but these are never ok, in any situation.

Spring 2004

Fall 2003

stylebistro

He must think that he's good with feathers.
How about these beauts from Cavalli S/S 09

style.com

19-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion_Girl22 View Post
I always try to give Cavalli the benefit of the doubt because he is capable of creating great dresses, and has created great dresses...but these are never ok, in any situation.

Spring 2004

Fall 2003

He must think that he's good with feathers.
This is the time when collections werent so sales-oriented and fashion shows were real fashion shows.... When you watch ss04 first look, cavalli talks about his collection being inspired by Cher. I think he perfectly captured the whole 90s era with sexy and ostentatious clothes with all the glitters, feathers or leather.... You saw Cher wearing all those craziest outfits (like Lady gaga now) and she simply rocked them all... nobody can touch that....
Regardless of your comments, Roberto and his sales were at the pinnacle at that time....
and I dont get the whole wearability comments.... Galliano and Dior had far less wearable outfits but nobody talks about them... oh well....

style.com

19-09-2011
backstage pass

This NYFW was full of ugliest things Oo Rodarte, Proenza, Marc Jacobs... :/

19-09-2011
tfs star

It is because this thread are to post horrible dresses.

Galliano and Dior has lots and lots of unwearable pieces,
but lots and lots of them they are still very beautiful and inspiring and
not horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikingFashion View Post
.... Galliano and Dior had far less wearable outfits but nobody talks about them... oh well....

19-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholoChic View Post
It is because this thread are to post horrible dresses.

Galliano and Dior has lots and lots of unwearable pieces,
but lots and lots of them they are still very beautiful and inspiring and
not horrible.
not really... Cavalli era of 2003-2006 was the best of his entire career and he was very highly acclaimed by both critics and celebrities at that time...
I dont find any 'the most horrible outfits ive ever seen' in those collections but i guess thats just my opinion....
regardless of my love for galliano, i have to say some of his creations were too much even for me....
some of galliano's 'beautiful' pieces of 2004 (and way more wearable than cavalli)

style.com

19-09-2011
tfs star

natasha's styling is just ghastly!

19-09-2011
front row

I also dont like when Cavalli uses feathers, people automatically say its tacky just because they know its Cavalli.. and when McQueen does it, they automatically glorify him as the best designer of all time...
horrible dresses of mcqueen ss08
feather extravaganza

what is this????

style.com

19-09-2011
Hell on Heels

are we really comparing galliano and mcqueen to roberto cavalli, the epitome of italian tacky and trashy? seriously?

how is ANY of the mcqueen outfits - which is absolutely right to dislike but... - tacky?

19-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
are we really comparing galliano and mcqueen to roberto cavalli, the epitome of italian tacky and trashy? seriously?

how is ANY of the mcqueen outfits - which is absolutely right to dislike but... - tacky?
first of all, i dont see me calling tacky neither Galliano nor McQueen anywhere... you did...
secondly, this is what im talking about... yes, these designers are extremely talented but it doesnt mean they are untouchable and cannot make a mistake from time to time... its like everything from Galliano, McQueen and Balenciaga MUST be perfect just because its Galliano, McQueen or Balenciaga.... and everything from Cavalli, Gucci and Versace MUST be tacky just because its Cavalli, Gucci and Versace.... really????
i look at individual clothes for what they look like, not by whom they were designed....
and yeah.. im comparing these certain outfits and my vote goes to Cavalli....

19-09-2011
Alluring

Quote:
I dont find any 'the most horrible outfits ive ever seen' in those collections but i guess thats just my opinion....
Given that half of these are not dresses, they don't seem to belong here indeed.

And speaking of Giles, this little feathered thing from S/S 12 instantly caught my eye today.

nowfashion.com

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
even the models look bad wearing those, can you imagine the average woman?
Oh yes because the average woman wears a pink feathered mini dress to go working to the office...
Nobody would wear those Cavalli dresses in real life because they are intended as stage outfits for celebrities or statement pieces in editorial...

19-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackos View Post
Given that half of these are not dresses, they don't seem to belong here indeed.
i dont see those Thomas Browne SS12 suits and Cavalli SS09 green-lime jumpsuit with hoody in 333 to be dresses either....
and i only posted couple suits from dior fw04, the rest from same collection are dresses covered wiv coat or a jacket.... dior fw03, galliano fw04 and mcqueen ss08 are all dresses (not sure bout that thing in galliano fw04 though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionPower View Post
Oh yes because the average woman wears a pink feathered mini dress to go working to the office...
Nobody would wear those Cavalli dresses in real life because they are intended as stage outfits for celebrities or statement pieces in editorial...
couldnt agree more... at least somebody gets it...

Last edited by AD122915; 19-09-2011 at 06:37 PM.

19-09-2011
tfs star

I think that pics are no horrible
they are so fun masterpieces !

Such a funny spirit what Galliano used to sent on the catwalk!
I was crying of hapiness in that moments,
not thinking if they are wereable or not, just having a big fashion fun moment!

Quote:
not really... Cavalli era of 2003-2006 was the best of his entire career and he was very highly acclaimed by both critics and celebrities at that time...
regardless of my love for galliano, i have to say some of his creations were too much even for me....
some of galliano's 'beautiful' pieces of 2004 (and way more wearable than cavalli)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, dress, hideous