Mugler & Nicola Formichetti Parts Way *Update* Moved to Diesel - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
That's great! Now can they get rid of the person that is ruining Helmut Lang?
You mean Andrew Rosen or the designer duo? I just wish a young, talented designer that is actually interested in Helmut Lang would be given the chance to take over, no more diluted Rick Owens.

But yes, I really don't understand how someone that once did really nice work could become this. His stuff for Dazed and Arena Homme + was usually on a pretty high level and I even remember enjoying his blog but now it all seems so shallow.

Last edited by thejarc; 08-04-2013 at 09:48 AM.
08-04-2013
fashion insider

I'm completely fascinated as to why he's able to secure such prominent positions time after time despite his complete lack of talent. And he doesn't appear to be in any way charismatic or particularly insightful in interviews-- more clueless, arrogant and regressing to the state of a desperate, trend-obsessed 12-year-old, going by this interview; and all atop such an irritating, gormless mug. So good for him for lasting this long and getting as far as he has in the industry by doing whatever it is he's doing.

On a more ominous note, just reading the last comment that he's that closer to the MMM label makes me wonder that he may just have his sights on heading Martin Margiela...

11-04-2013
Stitch:the Hand

^erm.....i doubt that will happen. MMM has only just hired on a new creative director ivana omazic in november and only just made her debut this season. besides,all the companies within the staff/diesel domain have their own bosses.

11-04-2013
front row

the cynicism makes me feel ill

11-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
I'm completely fascinated as to why he's able to secure such prominent positions time after time despite his complete lack of talent. And he doesn't appear to be in any way charismatic or particularly insightful in interviews-- more clueless, arrogant and regressing to the state of a desperate, trend-obsessed 12-year-old, going by this interview; and all atop such an irritating, gormless mug. So good for him for lasting this long and getting as far as he has in the industry by doing whatever it is he's doing.

On a more ominous note, just reading the last comment that he's that closer to the MMM label makes me wonder that he may just have his sights on heading Martin Margiela...
It's fashion! Nepotism, cronyism, and sycophancy at their finest.

11-04-2013
fashion insider

The only person who`ll be missing him is Lady Gaga and her 15 min of fame are over too.

Ciao ciao!

11-04-2013
tfs star

^She hangs with Donatella, doubt it.
I just hope his work at Diesel is amazing.

15-04-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
^erm.....i doubt that will happen. MMM has only just hired on a new creative director ivana omazic in november and only just made her debut this season. besides,all the companies within the staff/diesel domain have their own bosses.
It's the stuff of fashion nightmares, I know. And perish the thought of MMM designed by him, but... it's always a possibility...

19-04-2013
Mr. Magic

This messy label..
Quote:
THIERRY MUGLER is the new creative advisor to Thierry Mugler SAS director general and Clarins Fragrance Group president Joël Palix. The designer - who founded the company - has served as Thierry Mugler Parfum's artistic director since 1992. He handed over creative control of his label's fashion and clothing category in 2002, after becoming dissatisfied with the increasingly important money-making aspects of the business. The move will bring both the ready-to-wear and fragrance categories under one creative boss.

"It is not an understatement to say that Mr Thierry Mugler is both a legend of fashion and fragrance," said Palix. "His body of work has influenced many designers and perfumers worldwide. He has brought extraordinary sensory experiences to millions of women and men across the world. It is time to unite both activities under one single creative management and turn Mugler into a global and fully integrated luxury brand with a synergetic approach across fashion, accessories and fragrances."

Thierry Mugler head designers Sébastien Peigné and Romain Kremer have left the fashion house, following news of former creative director Nicola Formichetti's departure earlier this month.

Mugler will also take responsibility for the look and staging of the brand's catwalk shows, with one scheduled in Paris at the end of 2013 and another planned for autumn/winter 2014-15 in Berlin.
vogue.co.uk

19-04-2013
front row

Thierry 's back !!! That's one designer from then I truly miss and m glad he is back and back to Mugler too ...exciting exciting ......!?,
I wonder if he will want "THIERRY" back in front of Mugler .
Can't wait to see S/S 2014.

19-04-2013
backstage pass

I was literally just thinking "I wish Thierry would just come back already!" and look, he is! The best new I've read all week!!!

V.I.P.

Is this good fashion news week? I'm absolutely thrilled with his comeback. Hopefully he can bring this house back.

19-04-2013
Fat Karl

I can't help but feel like Thierry being back at his own label confirms my suspicions of this growing thirst for some electricity jolted back into fashion.

The Punk exhibition at the Met, Lacroix returning to Schiaparelli to do a Couture presentation, and now Theirry back at Mugler - it all feels like people are conciously or unconciously yearning for some drama, some excitment, some glamour.

Of course, wouldn't it be amazing if we could have some really bombastic new, young designers to provide us with that kind of excitment? The new guard has to come from somewhere doesn't it? But - I've yet to see the work of a young designer who has a strong enough point of view to get people really talking (only ones who remotely seems to fit the ticket would be Christopher Kane and Rodarte (both of whom I feel have gotten lazy as of late, though)). The likes of Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Erdem, Altuzarra, J.W. Anderson, Thomas Tait, et al simply are too sheepish, or too unimaginative, or too pretentious to do anything truly worthwhile.

So - until someone new comes around to truly shock us - I feel like people are starting to want these older designers who used to bring so much magic to fashion to come back and give us that same sensation because no one is giving it to us now. Period.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 19-04-2013 at 10:17 AM.
20-04-2013
fashion icon

Can the title be updated?

20-04-2013
Some Like It Hot

Thierry Mugler isn't returning to the label, he's stepping down as artistic director of fragrances.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
diesel, formichetti, moved, mugler, nicola, parts, update