How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

Narciso Rodriguez F/W 11.12 New York
Full collection

style.com

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

style.com

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

style.com

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

style.com

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

style.com

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Narciso Rodriguez: Not Trying to Be Groovy
By CATHY HORYN

The music for Narciso Rodriguez’s show on Tuesday night was throbbing, layered, with a kinky voiceover breaking into the beat. I was compelled to listen, just as I was interested at all times in the clothes. This was a terrific collection, different than what he has done in several years. It was looser, more abstract, with a downbeat attitude that felt true and fresh, and masculine elements that worked so smoothly into the collection that you didn’t really notice them at first.

But then there was a lot of illusion in this show. The most obvious were collaged chiffon shirts in colors like pink, coral and black layered over silk slips and worn with flat suede booties. Other colors included red, lavender and cobalt. Even more effective were plaid dresses in which the gray and charcoal squares were pieced together, creating more depth and shadow, and piped along the side seams in black leather.

There were tops in a wool and silk blend that had the luster and weight of glove leather. One top, in cobalt and lavender, was shown with slim wool trousers in two shades of light gray (front and back) and a charcoal overcoat. Again, the coat was a subtle composition of dark English wool tweeds with an off-white wool lining inside the stand-up collar. The cut was masculine, yet loose and lanky, with a crisp line across the shoulders. Mr. Rodriguez used a similar fabric for a gray mélange blazer — basically, a pantsuit — with two-toned trousers. And all the pants had smooth, flat pockets that were set a little more to the side, so that the models’ hands went straight into them as they walked.

Mr. Rodriguez obviously had to make a lot of choices for this collection, as well as work out some design puzzles, but the results looked so effortless — and, this season, completely individual.
nytimes

16-02-2011
trendsetter

To my biggest surprise, I find it great.

Geometric Discharge

Rodriguez's clothes are always so clever; when you think that the first block-coloured coat is just a very straight up-and-down cut, the model turns and you see that the back is fitted almost like a modern day corset.
Rodriguez is a master of balance - nothing is ever over-designed; there are always details in his clothes that make their simplicity interesting, like the block red facing on the coat, or the sheer panelling, but sometimes, this isn't enough. Like last season, it feels like haute cuisine that doesn't satisfy entirely.

16-02-2011
chaos reigns

Am I the only one who doesnt like it?

It seems a bit "fuzzy" for the standard Rodriguez imho :/

V.I.P.

^ I don't like it very much either. The silhouettes are kind of strange I think :/

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

I love it! Those dresses on Zuzanna Bijoch and Jamie Bochert are simply exquisite Strangely, the length of those dresses could be a turn off for me, but somehow it works!

A fantastic collection by Mr. Rodriguez!
Must be quite something in motion...

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

never was a fan of Rodriguez esthetic, but some dresses look really cute... like the prints. and play with sheer fabrics

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

certainly wasn't expecting that much color on the runway, but i love it! his work is always pretty straightforward and just brilliant, this one no exception. there are many wearable pieces in this collection, i will surely buy again next season

16-02-2011
she's got the look

I find it disappointing and I hate the styling.

V.I.P.

Meh...not liking it at all.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, narciso, rodriguez, york