How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-02-2013
fashion insider

Narciso Rodriguez F/W 13.14 New York
One of my personal favorites so far this season. I think it's beautiful from beginning to end.

style

13-02-2013
fashion insider

style

fashion insider

style

V.I.P.

I wish I could say he did no wrong here, but those dresses with the assymetrical colorful satin skirts aren't really a hit in my book. I'll choose to ignore those and focus, instead on those three assymetrical-hem spaghetti strap dresses and the last two embroidered black dresses that are so beautiful, it makes me wanna cry. Narciso's been really hitting it lately with his collections. Love it.

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

I find this boring, I like narciso, but this just seems lazy compared to what he put out in the past.

13-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
I'll choose to ignore those and focus, instead on those three assymetrical-hem spaghetti strap dresses
Those 3 are the clear standouts to me as well. Not his best work this season.

13-02-2013
backstage pass

I enjoy his work as usual but I do think this is not his best work. Though the asymmetrical slip dresses are devine. Plus, the colors are wonderful here. Also the SHOES!!!!!

13-02-2013
trendsetter

Wonderful collection in my opinion., one of NY's best. Lovely colors, gorgeous lines, and his ability to drape the body is exquisite. I also love his version if sexy, it's not vulgar like Versace, it's always done tastefully. One of the FEW designers worth looking forward to in NY.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

I only like the first two looks, which I think are both completely awesome. Everything else doesn't do much for me, or it just doesn't excite me because he has done the exact same looks before, but better. This is his most unimpressive collection in years, in my opinion.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

Incredible collection! He's really been hitting his stride with the last few seasons. The colour combinations are really interesting, and the angularity / geometry was interesting too.

Quote:
FEBRUARY 12, 2013
NEW YORK
By Nicole Phelps

Put another one in the win column for Narciso Rodriguez. The designer said a Lygia Clark exhibition at the São Paulo Biennial got him started on his new collection, a second act of sorts to Spring. "I came back and everything in my life was about color and asking how do you mix color in interesting ways, which is sort of a different road for me." He was just getting warmed up last season. Here, he seemed even freer, mixing a cognac coat with a tangerine top and midnight blue pants, or emerald and teal in both matte and shine on a strappy slipdress. Another slipdress, this one above the knee in front and almost to the floor in back, combined black, olive green, navy, and ivory. Oh, to see that at the Oscars. Rodriguez played it loose with silhouette, too; among the most striking looks were a trio of deceptively simple sleeveless trapeze dresses in crepe and duchesse silk, cut on the bias to increase their movement.

Of course, it wouldn't be a Narciso collection without a little rigor. His tailoring is precise, maybe a shade or two closer to the body than last time around. Cutaway jackets came lapel-less, with narrow sleeves, their angular shapes highlighted by the A-line tunics worn underneath them. Pants tapered to above the ankle. A favorite look paired a sleek bustier with those slim, short trousers. His footwear collection is just a year old, but he's a quick study, and his shoes tonight deserve a shout-out, too. Pumps with pointy cap toes, high vamps, higher stiletto heels, and delicate ankle straps, they don't look like anything else on the runways this week. And the same could be said for the rest of this standout show.

18-02-2013
fashion insider

It's a thin line between simple and boring.

18-02-2013
Geometric Discharge

I think it's beautiful, as usual for Narciso, but he's played it terribly safe for these past two seasons. He's showing us classic Narciso, I think, with those spaghetti strap satin dresses which billow so beautifully as the model walks.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, narciso, rodriguez, york