How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Olivier Theyskens just presented what we hear was a stunning fall collection for Nina Ricci in Paris. Rumors have been circulating for months of design differences between Theyskens and Mario Grauso, the head of Puig Fashion Group, which owns Ricci. Rumor had it Theyskens was out at the house, but his show turned up on the Paris schedule, revealing no unrest on the surface. The show went on today and the rumors haven't died down — the word going around Paris is that Grauso actually fired Theyskens, whose contract isn't up until October, but that Theyskens won't leave. And according to reviews of the collection trickling in from showgoers, Ricci designed with a fighting spirit, sending out a gorgeous, romance-infused, hard-rock-inspired collection. Theyskens has the chance to present one more collection for Ricci before his contract runs out. But if the reviews pour in positively and this collection sells better than his last, will Grauso change his mind? Will Theyskens say "no more drama" and strike out on his own? This is better than The Hills and The City combined!
The Cut

05-03-2009
V.I.P.

#76 What a story...

More HQs from coutorture

Looking Up

lol thats funny, i dont want him to leave either. SOmeone should fire Grauso

05-03-2009
V.I.P.

But seriously, how on earth will this sell better?It dosent seem to me like Olivier set out to achieve that with this collection, more like the opposite.

05-03-2009
V.I.P.

2 more hqs

coutorture.com

backstage pass

Wow, this is... strange! Batman-in-drag-with-wierd-gowns... but screw it, I love it!

05-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
But seriously, how on earth will this sell better?It dosent seem to me like Olivier set out to achieve that with this collection, more like the opposite.
that's what I was thinking too I mean obviously they are going to modify a lot of the pieces, but what happened to last season? Couldn't they have modified a lot of the dresses for sales? Strange ...

Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Maybe Oliver is just being a bitch, he wants to drag the label down with him

05-03-2009
front row

I can't wait to hear him explain this collection.

05-03-2009
Plain Ol' Beautiful

If that is just a big 'F*ck You' to commercial, greedy house bosses, I'm saving my money already. Who wouldn't want to wear a 'F*ck you'?
Something to replace your NO!-shirt.

backstage pass

^

front row

^ count me in!

05-03-2009
V.I.P.

Terrible. At the first few images I asked myself "Am I in the right thread?". Then scrolling down and reading Thierry Mugler as an inspiration, I really had to double check I was in the right thread!!

This is hideous. The glam-rock thing, the 80's vibe, that colour palette and those shoes? Are they a joke? Also, I don't understand how did he go from such stellar shows in the past to this?

I am so disappointed with Nina Ricci as of late. Olivier is one my favourite designers because he designs collections with so much emotion and with such an ethereal aesthetic. His vision is nostalgic, romantic, whimsical etc. This is what attracted me to his work and this is what separated him from 'the rest'.

Now, with this collection, I am sensing that [his] romanticism is dead. It makes me eternally sad to think there is 'no room' in the fashion industry for his ethereal dreams...

05-03-2009
tfs star

I like it

05-03-2009
V.I.P.

Olivier in HQ

coutorture

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, f or w, nina, paris, ricci