How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddokiddo View Post
I concur the sentiment that it looks a bit like Undercover, esp FW04 collection. However, after all the duds hehad last FW, I'm happy to see these creations for this season. Lovely

That's something interesting with this guy. From season to season, he designs totally different stuff. I wasn't even sure if I liked him since some of his collections were so much out of my preference range. Look at what's being sold in his NYC store for this winter, and then look at this collection. It's kind of unbelievable they are designed by the same guy.

22-01-2009
windowshopping

definitely reminds me of older UC but still has the N(N) "flavor" we've been seeing from Takahiro lately

22-01-2009
follow the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoshcn View Post
That's something interesting with this guy. From season to season, he designs totally different stuff. I wasn't even sure if I liked him since some of his collections were so much out of my preference range. Look at what's being sold in his NYC store for this winter, and then look at this collection. It's kind of unbelievable they are designed by the same guy.
Even though he isn't very consistent from season to season in terms of aesthetic, he is still very true to exploring his overall theme, Americana.. EVERY single season.

This collection is completely amazing

22-01-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizilla View Post
Even though he isn't very consistent from season to season in terms of aesthetic, he is still very true to exploring his overall theme, Americana.. EVERY single season.

This collection is completely amazing
Yes, for the FW08/09, sort of. But I fail to detect any association with Americana in this collection, maybe it's just because I am totally uninterested in and therefore also totally ignorant about anything Americana. Could you point out what's Americana with this collection please?

22-01-2009
backstage pass

Really great collection from takahiro as usual.

I've always loved his use of different themes every season, to keep things fresh and interesting.

V.I.P.

I love almost all of the pieces, but only individually. The styling, as always, is rather overdone, however. All of the jackets are fantastic, especially the yellow cape, the colors are beautiful, and the skirts are only slightly too stiff. But those masks/hats are so gimmicky...

22-01-2009
V.I.P.

^i thought it would be interesting actually if he used real faces. to show a real person can wear it

i like the knee trousers
+ also an interesting choice of fabrics..!
brocade and texture *heart*

22-01-2009
fashion insider

^^yes textures...that's what I was going to say.....it's very rich in textures....and I like a lot of jackets..

22-01-2009
front row

Love this collection. I think of part of my I like it so much is the fact I really didn't like the last two.
But the pieces look really rich; A lot of details, great looking fabrics, and really well fitting. I'm kinda getting a pirate vibe too, which I enjoy.

backstage pass

I love this too. I never had much interest in n(n) previously, but there's a lot to work with here. This is the sort of collection that'd be great to have full access to just to demonstrate that when taken in portions, it is very wearable. Hopefully we'll get some detail shots.

rising star

i'm with you guys, n (n) never really 'wow'-ed me but i always have a look and appreciate what he does. however this collection he has truly excelled himself. a very thorough exploration of its themes without being too heightened and theatrical. a sombre and intimate collection. and MORE skirts for blokes. seems to be a real trend.
hurrah for n(n)!

23-01-2009
V.I.P.

So period and hipster at the same time and the clothing looks well constructed. I like this and I need to see this horribly copied on my H&M now.

23-01-2009
fashion icon

Love this collection! Every piece is wearable and the styling is amazing!

23-01-2009
tfs star

even though the idea of totally hiding a human body under layers of cloths is nothing new, this collection is really inspiring. a definition of a 'beautiful garbage' came into my mind with the very first look and just stuck there.

23-01-2009
fashion insider

This is so juvenile, over-wrought, worst of Japan-Fashion-Week stuff...balls-achingly bad...and I don't even have balls.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, f or w, mens, number, paris