How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-02-2011
V.I.P.

i love it so soft yet strong

17-02-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

while i do love this stuff as i always do, they should stick to the tighter bodycon silhouettes at which they they excel.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueParisLover View Post
These girls are terribly underrated. They are consistently in my list of favorites, and this season is no exception. These looks are stunning.
I also agree.

The first look calls to mind Todd Lynn's tailoring moreso than anything Wang as someone has said.

From the second look there's a biker reference (a trend that's looking like it has long legs) in the asymmetrical lines and the zipping and the ribbing but it's subtly and delightfully rendered in avoiding black leather but running it through tailoring, knitwear and chiffon pieces.

For me the strength of design work such as this is that it can't be assigned any particular retro decade in it's influences and so proves that fashion doesn't have to be an exercise in regurgitation bordering costume but can read entirely modern.

23-02-2011
V.I.P.

the pieces are eyegasmic in detail, there's just so much going on, and so much to digest without inducing boredom. like the first look which is peppered with zippers that go all the way to the back, and the knitted, colorblocked sweaters/dresses all in layers.. and then there are the heels, which are just as eyecatching as last season's

sonnyphotos

what i love about Ohne Titel is that their collections are always so cerebral and so unpredictable without compromising the quality of their designs. they stick to the same formula of architectural shapes and fitted structures and yet we see a completely different thing season after season; last season was all scubafied fluorescence and this season it's NASA spacesuit chic sometimes some pieces are hit or miss but i've never seen an entire collection wrought with ugliness from this duo. their sense of direction is so amazing, and always so defined in every collection; they're one of the very few designers in NY i look forward to every season and they never disappoint every time. it's good to hear that they're starting to gain more attention from all over. goodness knows we can do less of the overpublicized, regurgitated collections in NYFW.

Last edited by AgrenateD; 23-02-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, ohne, titel, york