How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
^It's a little hard for me to understand how you can doubt that Galliano had a hand in this - the first 5 outfits, the gloves and the styling all bear his signature.
Where did I say I doubted he had a hand in this at all? I just don't believe he basically designed and styled half a collection for Oscar de la Renta. And they're being so mysterious about it, creating buzz by just hinting at things and not actually announcing what his role at OdlR is. I'm curious about what exactly he did here, did he design, style, edit the looks, all of it? But I'll stand by what I said, the fact that some looks indeed scream Galliano is reason for the cynic in me to believe there is a chance that Oscar's design team just had fun copying Galliano looks, maybe under Galliano's guidance, who knows. And it's definitely a way to get his name out there again. But the whole thing is confusing to me, especially because the Galliano and the OdlR aesthetic do not mesh well for me at all.

14-02-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Where did I say I doubted he had a hand in this at all? I just don't believe he basically designed and styled half a collection for Oscar de la Renta. And they're being so mysterious about it, creating buzz by just hinting at things and not actually announcing what his role at OdlR is. I'm curious about what exactly he did here, did he design, style, edit the looks, all of it? But I'll stand by what I said, the fact that some looks indeed scream Galliano is reason for the cynic in me to believe there is a chance that Oscar's design team just had fun copying Galliano looks, maybe under Galliano's guidance, who knows. And it's definitely a way to get his name out there again. But the whole thing is confusing to me, especially because the Galliano and the OdlR aesthetic do not mesh well for me at all.
I must have interpreted the last sentence of your post too literally

It's a bit mysterious why they choose this way of presentation. It's possible he doesn't want to use his name for various reasons - perhaps because it's part of his rehabilitation.

Anyhow, I think it's wonderful for designers to put their egos aside (slightly) and collaborate...

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

No problem, I must have not expressed myself well there, then. I really only meant to say I think his involvement with this collection seems overrated to me, especially after reading the article in post #37. I mean... “I work with people. I don’t work by myself. It’s so wonderful to have somebody with an eye. He’ll show me something and we talk about it.” that doesn't say anything. So they talk about stuff, but he doesn't even say that he uses whatever Galliano shows him But yes, if they have really found a way to collaborate that works for both of them, then great. Hopefully it will look more cohesive next time, if they decide to continue this collaboration.

14-02-2013
fashion insider

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the entire collection and would wear ALL of it!

Galliano added the shot of youth that the label desperately needed!

15-02-2013
backstage pass

Amazing collection!! ♥

19-02-2013
fashion insider

Love it

20-02-2013
fashion insider

My favorite collection!!! I'm in love!

24-02-2013
MON
V.I.P.

After seasons of dull and repetitive ODR, Galliano finally brought it back! This is what we all needed and what the brand needed, a touch of freshness! I am so glad he is back

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, la, oscar, renta, york