Outfit look-alikes #6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
02-10-2016
backstage pass

Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Posts should contain similarity between designers' collections (pictures of items from high street stores will be removed).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank You
_________

Céline S/S 17/Untitled Anthropometry (ANT 100),” a 1960 work made by Yves Klein

vogue/nytimes

Last edited by pellucid; 02-10-2016 at 09:08 AM.
03-10-2016
Fat Karl

Alexander McQueen Spring/Summer 2017 vs. Christopher Kane Fall/Winter 2010

(livingly.com)

scenester

From the pain of my heart.. as a very much love Céline.. but come on guys..

Capucci F/W 2003

Céline S/S 17

they even copied the boots

FirstView, Vogue.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOWEI.jpg (46.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg dis1.jpg (333.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dis2.jpg (324.4 KB, 3 views)

04-10-2016
front row

Chanel S/S 2017 helmet looks as the bastard children of a Stormtrooper from Star Wars and Monsieur Bibendum from Michelin:

font vogue.com

font sideshowtoy.com

font pinimg.com

04-10-2016
V.I.P.

Karl keeps aiming at younger and younger audiences, it seems. Kids are the new teenagers.

05-10-2016
tfs star

I did a search of the previous thread and didn't see it posted so I hope I am double posting.

Louis Vuitton 'Street PM 200' bag from Spring 2007 vs Balenciaga Fall 2016

voguerunway

We all know where the original idea came from but thought it was worth the post.

backstage pass

so true Voguedisciple93

Last edited by IloveDiorHomme; 05-10-2016 at 09:50 AM.
06-10-2016
front row

Yet again the twisted CdG jacket making an appearance...

Comme des Garçons S/S 1983 vs Céline S/S 2017

metmuseum.org / vogue.com

06-10-2016
backstage pass

^Mcqueen also did that twist detail for Givenchy and then Olivier Rousteing for Balmain, which was ripped off from Mcqueen's design, literally

06-10-2016
fashion elite

Alexander Wang (top) and Jeffrey Campbell..I almost cannot tell the differences through these pictures

shopbob, nastygal

06-10-2016
V.I.P.

Well, one of the boots look significantly more well made... This is why I can never find shoes on the highstreet - there is always something "off" with them in terms of quality, proportions etc...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaro View Post
From the pain of my heart.. as a very much love Céline.. but come on guys..
Wow, that is incredible. What a blatant rip off.

06-10-2016
front row

About Celine and Capucci, its true that colour and silhouette are "same" but the pattern and the construction is completely different.

And same with the CDG.

Thats the great thing about Philo, nothing is literal, you can see they have spent time thinking about it, working on the garment (even the Geoffrey Beene coat).

In fact, the coat on Saskia is quite complicated, I can't wait to have a closer look on the store, Its always a pleasure to see Phoebe's solutions in person.

Last edited by bbofbalenciaga; 06-10-2016 at 01:53 PM.
06-10-2016
barcode

^ Mmmmmm, but that doesn't really change the fact that she and her team have, on more than one occasion, sent looks out on the runway which bear quite a similarity to vintage pieces which already exist, and that the similarities/references aren't very hard to suss out. That does point to a certain level of literalness. Even with the twisted cutout coat, one could go so far as to argue that Olivier Rousteing's reworking of the McQueen/Givenchy jacket a year or so ago put that very same detail on Philo's radar.

Other equally famous designers have had their ethics and creativity called into question for the exact same thing that Philo seems to do fairly regularly.

06-10-2016
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbofbalenciaga View Post
About Celine and Capucci, its true that colour and silhouette are "same" but the pattern and the construction is completely different.

And same with the CDG.

Thats the great thing about Philo, nothing is literal, you can see they have spent time thinking about it, working on the garment (even the Geoffrey Beene coat).

In fact, the coat on Saskia is quite complicated, I can't wait to have a closer look on the store, Its always a pleasure to see Phoebe's solutions in person.
About the capucci dress.. patterns are completely different??????? Both are jersey cape dresses, let's put a gathering in the front and make it short sleeve instead because oh well, its summer. Does that make them absolutely different? I bet they are constructed the same. Sadly, we won't be able to find out easily because you cannot find many things from Capucci nowadays.

It could be also highly possible that they even bought the original dress, took the patterns directly. That's what brands do nowadays (yes, even the cool ones)

Celine succeeds cause yeah, its cool and looks cool and of course they know how to style even the ugliest dress and make it work. but that doesnt mean they don't work as everybody else and doing these kind of things is a bit of a shame being who they are

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, #6, lookalikes, outfit