How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2011
fashion icon

Paper Crown Holiday 2011
This is the second collection for Paper Crown which is in its infancy. The Fall collection will be available at Nordstroms and various boutiques starting in July.

From LaurenConradlovers.proboards.

26-05-2011
fashion icon

LaurenConradlovers

26-05-2011
fashion icon

laurenconradlovers

26-05-2011
fashion icon

Laurenconradlovers

26-05-2011
fashion icon

Laurenconradlovers

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

Not too bad but not great either...

In some respect, it seems to represent a younger, girlier version of Elizabeth and James except with half the creativity...

It is certainly wearable (which is what I think she is going for) but she has to think outside the box at least for a few pieces.... and the the collection needs to be more cohesive.

I think they are designing pieces of clothing as oppose to putting a collection together that has a theme... It will also be interesting to see how it does at Nordstrom especially with the price tag place on these items...

With that said, there are at least 5 pieces (if price well) I would def buy...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
26-05-2011
tfs star

Thanks for posting these, lola!

Love the trouser, sweater, lace shorts and lace top. The navy floral piece are also quite lovely, in my opinion. Do not care for the velour pieces!

Why is she so afraid to do some cute coats?!

26-05-2011
fashion icon

I love the name of the line- it sounds so whimsical- yet I'm not loving the clothes as much as the brand name. Some pieces actually look quite nice but overall it's nothing stellar. Especially the velour pieces... simply awful (that long grey gown... ugh). Also, I must agree with Zposen, Paper Crown seems to be a line bent on emulating Elizabeth and James but not nearly the same creative drive behind it. While it may work for Mary Kate and Ashley's line I really don't see Paper Crown doing very well because of the copycat nature it has.

chaos reigns

I kinda like that floral print with the blue background .. it looks like finger-printed.

And that one lacey white top over something black and leather(ette?) leggings is atrocious.

Basics, not boring enough to score as mediocre, most pieces are like ... an unfinished idea. There's potential but it seems lacking.

fashion icon

I'm not seeing any real connection to Elizabeth & James. This line seems more feminine and youthful. When I see florals and lace it doesn't make me think E&J. The past few collections from E&J have been rather mundane so I don't really view that brand as a bastion of creativity. Their Textile brand is atrocious.

I don't like velvet --I don't know why designers keep trying to make it happen-- so those pieces are no for me. A lot of the other pieces are quite beautiful especially the florals and the lace skirts and shorts.

27-05-2011
tfs star

^ I don't see any distinct comparisons to E&J either! The shorts? Maxi skirt? The black jacket? The black trousers? Don't a lot of brands (A+O, Theory, etc . . . ) have basics similar to those? I don't recall seeing watercolor florals or lots of lace items in E&J. Lauren has been designing and/or making clothes since she was a kid, I don't think she'd try to copy another designer.

Last edited by couturecouture; 27-05-2011 at 11:05 AM.
27-05-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Paper Crown seems to be a line bent on emulating Elizabeth and James but not nearly the same creative drive behind it. While it may work for Mary Kate and Ashley's line I really don't see Paper Crown doing very well because of the copycat nature it has.
When E&J first launched-- and the Olsens had some pretense of real involvement with it-- it had some quirky original pieces. Now it looks exactly like every other collection on Shopbop with the drapey tops and gathered dresses. E&J is a licensing deal for the Olsens-- their involvement is minimal at best so if there is any creative drive behind that line anymore I doubt it's coming from Ashley and Mary-Kate

Paper Crown strikes me as more of a labor of love. Lauren doesn't have the billions and industry backing of the Olsens but she scraped up her own cash to finance her line anyway because it's what she loves to do.

Lauren wore a silk blouse and lace skirt from the Holiday collection recently.

Zimbio.com

Last edited by loladonna; 27-05-2011 at 02:58 PM.
28-05-2011
fashion icon

Two more

LaurenConradlovers

Last edited by loladonna; 28-05-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, crown, holiday, paper