Paris Menswear S/S 08 - Schedule - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-05-2007
trendsetter

good to see a lot of new names venturing into the menswear arena........

31-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
I ALWAYS LOVE the S/S mens schedule for paris, because it means that couture is really really close!!!

Shh! I think I'm more excited about that than the menswear shows...

01-06-2007
fashion insider

Lanvin and Rykiel Homme, im counting the days already.

01-06-2007
fashion icon

oh my..is it that time of the year already?!!? so excited
lanvin, ann d, yamamoto, raf, #9...

03-06-2007
front row

from fashion week daily:

(PARIS) Karl Lagerfeld, Mick Jagger, L’Wren Scott, and David Furnish will have to seek alternative methods of excitement later this month during Paris men’s fashion week. Dior Homme was not listed in the Chambre Syndicale’s official show calendar and a Dior spokesperson confirmed Thursday that there will be no Dior Homme runway show this season. Instead, Kris Van Assche, who succeeded Hedi Slimane as head designer in April, will host an intimate presentation of his spring/summer collection on Sunday, July 1. The time and venue have not yet been confirmed.

03-06-2007
V.I.P.

Will 'intimate' mean 'showroom', I wonder? It really wouldn't affect us much that way. Just the smaller magazines and boutiques. (And Karl has already said that he isn't interested in KVA's design...)

04-06-2007
Stitch:the Hand

^ mind you,intimate can be very good for a designer as they're just taking a helm of a such a house especially with the hype it always had. i really feel,whatever some of you think of his work or whether it will live up to the standards of what hedi did,kris has his priorities straight rather than his own ego. btw,what's the relevance of karl? who cares what he thinks......

Last edited by Scott; 04-06-2007 at 07:34 AM.
04-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izreal View Post
from fashion week daily:

(PARIS) Karl Lagerfeld, Mick Jagger, L’Wren Scott, and David Furnish will have to seek alternative methods of excitement later this month during Paris men’s fashion week. Dior Homme was not listed in the Chambre Syndicale’s official show calendar and a Dior spokesperson confirmed Thursday that there will be no Dior Homme runway show this season. Instead, Kris Van Assche, who succeeded Hedi Slimane as head designer in April, will host an intimate presentation of his spring/summer collection on Sunday, July 1. The time and venue have not yet been confirmed.

I guess they do not want the entire fashion world to laugh at the profound mediocrity of this future collection. Hopefully, we'll be able to send some spys in order to take pictures, and then we'll post them here, and have a good hour of laugh

^god,why are you guys so awful and mean about kris? he's not that bad. one's slimane is gone,and we have to make ridiculous comments like that. i leave my mind open because we DO NOT KNOW what he's capable of at this juncture. i really hope he surprises everybody.

04-06-2007
V.I.P.

i'm so sad about no dior homme spring show! but i am interested to see kris van assche's show. open mind, open mind, open mind.

04-06-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
^ mind you,intimate can be very good for a designer as they're just taking a helm of a such a house especially with the hype it always had. i really feel,whatever some of you think of his work or whether it will live up to the standards of what hedi did,kris has his priorities straight rather than his own ego. btw,what's the relevance of karl? who cares what he thinks......

Oh, no! I didn't mean intimate was a bad thing at all! I just wondering why the press made that news when very few people are actually able to attend a runway show in the first place.

On the Karl thing, the article just said stated that Karl would have been excited to be there, but he's already stated that he didn't like Kris. I certainly don't have much of stance on KVA, because while I really dislike his own collection, he may do a fine job at Dior.

04-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
^god,why are you guys so awful and mean about kris? he's not that bad. one's slimane is gone,and we have to make ridiculous comments like that. i leave my mind open because we DO NOT KNOW what he's capable of at this juncture. i really hope he surprises everybody.

Sorry if I sounded mean - actually I'm not.
I'm not an Hedi's die-hard fan, but I have somewhat developped a strong hate concerning Dior Homme because I hate seing a talent being wasted, especially because of LVMH's philistines. I guess KVA will be even less free at dior than Hedi was. And, anyway, but this is just a personal taste, i find his work bland. Oh and I think I just don't like people who would be ready to prostitute their talent just in order to get fame and money... I would have prefered a KVA dedicated to his own brand... (which is probably easier for me to say, then for him to do, given that his brand is certainly not earning billions)

Last edited by belletrist; 04-06-2007 at 01:33 PM.
04-06-2007
scenester

can't wait to see kris van assche (i'm dying to seehis new Dior's stuff), raf simons and lanvin.

04-06-2007

^thanks for clarifying all of that for me. i really wasn't sure where all this angst was coming from(besides this particular thread)......i certainly don't think he's that horrendous. i think kris is one's thoughtful designer. he might not have the most powerful aesthetic but there are some really lovely things i've seen from him.

but you're right about the LVMH thing....i completely agree with that. but you never know....as i said,i will reserve my critique till the presentation. i actually was pretty surprised myself about this whole thing but it's happened so now i'm pretty interested to see what he can come up with.

05-06-2007
backstage pass

I just really enjoy reading Scott defending Kris van Assche all the time. ALL the time.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
08, menswear, paris, s or s, schedule