How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2010
backstage pass

ffw.com.br

06-03-2010
backstage pass

ffw.com.br

06-03-2010
trendsetter

there are hints of Balenciaga here...

06-03-2010
backstage pass

ffw.com.br

06-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
there are hints of Balenciaga here...
I think there's nothing about Balenciaga here. It's all about a very futuristic esthetic, inspired by architecture, exactly about what Balenciaga has done for a long time (7, 8 seasons!). But it's all about Pedro too! Hes 19 as like me and I can remember clearly his first collections in São Paulo Fashion Week, and I can see him in this very very brilliant collection too.

It's not like if you're doing something futuristic your work will remember Balenciaga or any other.

Try to stare at these pictures and feel it. Then, you'll see it's just all about Pedro.

06-03-2010
trendsetter

agreed ^

pedro's also been around for ages, since he was like 16 or something? both of his parents are really famous designers in brazil and he obviously got their talent

good luck for him!

06-03-2010
Unveil Yourself....

The kid is 19, holy crap

Quote:
Here's one that made Paris fashion sit upright on its little gold chairs: Brazilian designer Pedro Lourenço sending out a precociously accomplished, startlingly directional collection at the age of 19. Perhaps it was the power of public relations firm KCD, the endorsement of stylist Brana Wolf, and sheer incredulity over talk of the latest teen in fashion that brought a stellar professional front row to the Westin Hotel at 8 p.m., but the skeptics who walked in walked out genuinely amazed.

Lourenço, it turned out, is working, with the complete conviction of youth, on the rigid shapes and geometries that are just beginning to make news. His paneled leather dresses in beige, black, and brown had high necks, long sleeves, and rows of stiff horizontal plastic slats and buttons, suggesting something between military frogging and venetian blinds. More of the same plastics—this time cut into triangles and vertically lodged, finlike, around the skirt of a dress—gave the illusion of a kilt or pleated skirt as it moved.

And that was astonishing. Anyone with an eye to what's going on in fashion—this year's flippy miniskirt silhouette, or the fact that many designers are playing with latex and leather and pushing to create new volumes—would recognize Lourenço as creatively on the same sort of track as, say, the cohort just graduated from Central Saint Martins, or even some aspects of what Nicolas Ghesquière is producing at Balenciaga. Lourenço, post-show, described his inspiration as "Diana the Huntress, and the Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer."

Even more remarkable was the level of technical accomplishment in the color-blocked collection. That, it transpires, is because the designer has the help of his parents, Glória Coelho and Reinaldo Lourenço, who are both mainstay designers of São Paulo's fashion community, and who own factories that can produce the boy's clothes. Of course, all that puts him ahead of his peers in terms of access to everything from fabrics to the almost laughably grand setting of his debut—the room Yves Saint Laurent used for his couture shows. Yet no matter how young and how privileged he may be, the only test Lourenço actually faces is the one where insiders consider whether his clothes have genuine relevance and something new to say. As they left the room, the verdict was in: They do.
Sarah Mower/style.com

twitter.com/ErikP87
06-03-2010
V.I.P.

interesting collection indeed! i think he has got potential considering his age!

can anyone supply hq's please?

06-03-2010

One of the most extraordinary uses of sheer material and tight paneling I have seen in a long time. Color me impressed!

06-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Akiyama View Post
One of the most extraordinary uses of sheer material and tight paneling I have seen in a long time. Color me impressed!
Yes! I think it's amazing too!

06-03-2010
front row

Most interesting indeed! I'm not 100% sold on it, but he has potential and I think I'm keeping my eye on his collections in future seasons.

06-03-2010
old-fashioned

whaaat?! he's 19 already? and showing in paris????
i feel so old and uninformed.
not that 19 isn't extremely young, but i think the last time i saw his face on tv he was 15, and for some reason i thought he'd be 15 forever.
now, about the collection, it's definitely more interesting than what his parents have been doing...

06-03-2010
fashion elite

Pretty good collection!!! Got me impressed! The tailoring and ideas are so solid for such a young boy! Congrats!

backstage pass

LOVE IT!!!!!
I'm a big fan of Pedro. I watch his shows since he launched his first collection when he had only 12 years old, and it was a great collection!!!
Very sad not be in Paris to see this.

06-03-2010
V.I.P.

First time I've heard/seen something from him and I was impressed!
There's something about distortion of the body and creating a new one in this collection.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1011, f or w, lourenÇo, paris, pedro