How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2012
tfs star

Okay this looks like a interview for a position in Givenchy as Creative Director!
(almost) everything resembles Givenhcy!!!

Last edited by miguelalmeida; 11-02-2012 at 12:31 PM.

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

Nowfashion

V.I.P.

Nowfashion

V.I.P.

Nowfashion

I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelalmeida View Post
Okay this looks like a interview for a position in Givenchy as Creative Director!
(almost) everything resembles Givenhcy!!!
No kidding! This is what the 'if Gurung did Givenchy' would look like. It's not bad but it's a bit too inspired if you ask me.

I wish the hair and make-up was different.. it's a bit too harsh.

11-02-2012
tfs star

More or less the same mess from last season. Hideous ruffles mixed with tacky shiny materials. Just stuff you'd expect on the red carpet. Really nothing to get overly excited for.

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm not particularly fond of those big ruffles on some of the dresses, especially since those pieces also don't work well with the rest of the collection. overall, however, I'd call this is a fantastic collection. he certainly didn't disappoint

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

It looks like a mix of Givenchy and Alexander McQueen, a major let down after last season's show!

V.I.P.

I don't like the "gold" section and have to agree with all that a lot of the rest recalls Givenchy.

Disappointing as I liked his collection last fall - the very vampy one.

This iridescent bits here are redeeming, somewhat.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
11-02-2012
fashion icon

Gurung's admiration for Ricardo Tisci's work is painful to watch and really just embarrassing for New York fashion week.

Last edited by Mutterlein; 11-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.
11-02-2012
backstage pass

Other than some of you guys I like this much more than the last collection. I see some pretty pieces. I am not a huge of fan of the color palette - too harsh for my taste - but I like some of the monochromatic pieces.

11-02-2012
fashion insider

Some of this even reminds me of Balenciaga, and that's definitely not something I want to think about when I look at Prabal Gurung...

Still not really sure what I think about this, but I think it's safe to say I'm disappointed. There are some nice pieces, but overall it's pretty underwhelming.

fashion elite

I really liked this collection, but the transparent gowns really had me shaking my head in embarrassment for him. Can Prabal Gurung & Julien Macdonald please STOP doing this!?!? It is clearly Riccardo's territory, and anyone who attempts this really needs to get their head out of their a$$, because you will never be as good as the original.

11-02-2012
fashion insider

On top of all the Givenchy, the blue piece on Liu Wen looks like Chanel and the black piece on Joan Smalls looks like Pucci, imo.

I'm kind of on the fence about this collection. It's not amazing but it's not bad either.

V.I.P.

Well, if he's trying to do Gurung for Givenchy, it's not going so bad! It isn't great, but it isn't bad, either. I tend to not like Prabal because he always overdoes stuff - too much embellishments, too much chiffon, too much laser cuts, too much fringe... This isn't any different, but somehow I like it more.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, gurung, prabal, york