How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2011
rising star

Are you guys kidding, I love it, well most of it. Thank you LoveMusic22 for the share!

Im really impressed. My favourite is probably this one:

11-09-2011
fashion icon

His embellishments are very modern & I love his use of interesting fabrics. It may be similar to Givenchy & Prada, but I can still distinguish the difference between all three labels.
Posted via Mobile Device

11-09-2011
V.I.P.

Woah, not a damn thing i like here, simply indifferent to this collection, all of it!

11-09-2011
V.I.P.

One of favorite collections at NYFW S/S 2012

Haters gonna hate

11-09-2011
fashion elite

love, love, love the blazers and the purple print stuff and the purple and despite what my username my suggest purple is not my favourite colour. However, not a fan of the cut outs in most of the dresses and other dresses have a whole lot of ugly going on.

11-09-2011
French Chic

This collection is ripping off many other designers, but hey that's fashion and lots of this works regardless.
The purple is a little over powering and the prints are 'in yer face', so the pieces that work best are the short B&W dresses and the cut-away stuff.
The 3 dresses before the last one on Frida are stunning.

backstage pass

He has drawn from a mélange of other designers, but - despite such incongruous borrowing - the collection is surprisingly cohesive (cohesively awful?).

windowshopping

I actually enjoyed the collection, with all the purple here and there, the transparencies and the statement dresses. Those black and white slit gowns, and especially the one Karlie Kloss sports in the end, are to-die-for!

trendsetter

I find it the most exciting collection from New York. It's not brilliant nor groundbreaking, but it's times better compared to all the other ones I've seen so far.

11-09-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

There's some good pieces, but I really don't like all that transparency. It adds too much sexiness to a collection that would've been just as good if not better if it was simply beautiful and easy. But I like the colors, it's definitely going to be a hit in stores, on the streets and in the young hollywood cercle.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
I see a mix of Givenchy, Versace & even some Christopher Kane.
I was thinking exactly the same!
I must admit that I do like this collection, though, as it appeals to my feminine side.

barcode

Maybe I'm just being dense but I really, truly do not see the Givenchy comparisons at all. Sure there are vague similarities to other designer's work, but I really don't see anything glaring.

As for the collection, I want to like it more than I do. I really ended up liking last season after looking at it and digesting it, but then again there were things I liked about it immediately too. This feels a bit too over-thought I guess, because something about it feels off.

11-09-2011
V.I.P.

Mmmm, love those purples!

11-09-2011
backstage pass

It looks incredibly cheap

11-09-2011
scenester

I have to commend him because it's evident that he showed a lot of effort and thought in this collection. yeah you see a little referencing of other designer's ideas here and there but he interpreted them in his own.

what I think is lacking in this collection is a woman's eye. You can tell that this collection is designed by a man. the clothes are ornamental and sometimes bordering in the vulgar and will not look good on a woman. When the pieces in this collection are broken down, how will it work and compliment a woman's wardrobe. the collection needed less statement pieces and more staples like a great pant, a comfy knit, tops in fabrics that will function and not too delicate.

Design-wise, it needed a little play and juxtaposition with fabrics, colors and needed to be a little subtle and not too in your face.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, gurung, prabal, s or s, york