How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2013
girl who fell to earth

let's not get too far off topic here with the real vs fake fur discussion...

and please remember, this thread is for discussion about the collection, not the models who walked down the runway

thanks!

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

I love the fact that she used Vichy for winter and it works!

21-02-2013
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
There's nothing interesting here, nothing new at all, and even the retro 50s design, shapes and tailoring aren't anything to write home about. The mixed skirt panels, beaded ones especially, is too "Dior" for comfort. I'm going to be the contrarian here again. At least last season had a bit more effort with 3-D flattened flowers and spare 60s tailoring.
I can't see why this collection is being raved about, at all. All of the clothes are exactly the same.. what is this? J.W. Anderson for Prada?
The same asymmetric skirt, the same ruched forearm cuff, the same coats and dresses, all just varying in fabric.
The jackets, especially in the exotic skins, are desirable as much as Marc Jacobs' jackets were desirable in New York - wearable, excellent quality, but dull and done to death.
I liked the caught in the rain styling, and the interesting set, but the clothes..?

21-02-2013
Geometric Discharge

Side note: all of the fur and exotic leathers in the clothes and bags are clearly real.

21-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
I can't see why this collection is being raved about, at all. All of the clothes are exactly the same.. what is this? J.W. Anderson for Prada?
The same asymmetric skirt, the same ruched forearm cuff, the same coats and dresses, all just varying in fabric.
The jackets, especially in the exotic skins, are desirable as much as Marc Jacobs' jackets were desirable in New York - wearable, excellent quality, but dull and done to death.
I liked the caught in the rain styling, and the interesting set, but the clothes..?
Agreed.
Nothing interesting for me here either, a rare fact for a Prada show if I might say. Really disappointed.

21-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
I agree, I wasn't very excited when I finished watching the show on the website, I probably attribute the fact that this one was a Prada's Fashion show that isn't very "oh, this is very rare, I have to spend a week analyzing it and seeing if I like" and I think that's why there's people being raved with this collection, but for me actually was quite boring.

21-02-2013
backstage pass

I really like it but I don't think this will be one of my favourite Prada collections. It's very safe, nothing to interpret, the lsat time she did something in that vein was probably fw10. Still really beautiful though, I love the off-the-shoulder looks and the shoes are divine. Not that keen on the fur, not that I'm against it at all but I feel like she did it better last season for Miu Miu

Last edited by widowsofculloden; 21-02-2013 at 02:42 PM.
21-02-2013
backstage pass

forgettable. i expect more from prada runway collections, it's all styling here.. i'm curious to see how people will over-intellectualize this collection

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Very Prada but find it a little dull!

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

It sure isn't her best Prada collection ever, but I like it. Love the subversive effect.

21-02-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

am a sucker for ladylike sexiness so this is awesome! Am not pro fur though

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
there's plenty of references to hitchcock's movies imo. tippi hedren in the birds, the daywear in vertigo, ingrid bergman in notorious, grace kelly in all of his films she's appeared in, especially this look http://s18.postimage.org/v383eujh5/J9_D0136_450x675.jpg resembles this look she wore in rear window.
the overall cuts and atmosphere scream femme fatale / noir films in general.
I cant help but think that Pirates of the Caribbean were one of the film influences, because of the belts, sleaves,cleavage, shoes and the wet hair look that reminds me a bit of the sirens. I know its lamer than saying i see Hitchcock influences but I cant help seing that in the collection.
Otherwise I was very bored by the whole thing, colours shapes, everything, it just wasnt exciting at all. I tought the venue and the projections were more interesting than the clothes...

Last edited by ssgghh; 21-02-2013 at 02:59 PM.
21-02-2013
front row

How come Miuccia Prada has stopped surprising us this season I got a strong deja vu feeling since the clothes are not so ugly at first sight which is the feeling that I normally have about Prada?but this collection its just too Dejavu and I felt that I had already seen somewhere not a good sign

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

The shoes are great. I'm always excited about Prada and I love this collection .

21-02-2013
fashion insider

This might very well be the first Prada collection that I actually adore.. very wearable, lovely color palette, super feminine, nothing over-the-top... Thumbs up from me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, milan, prada