How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2013
fashion insider

Did someone just mention J.W. Anderson's name on here? I think i'm going to vomit...

What's exactly dull about this collection? Clearly it's provided a plentiful amount of color, texture, leather, furs & gorgeous embellishments? And sorry humans can't help being on top of the food chain and appreciate wearing fur? Until species mightier than ourselves come around to skin us alive I don't have much to complain about, that's life.

These clothes were designed for the woman who wouldn't make up her mind on what to wear for daywear or eveningwear, and put it all into one, literally...she threw evening garments with embellishments into a casual checkered print shirt dress.

21-02-2013
fashion insider

As others have previously mentioned, there is a cinematic feel to these clothes. IMO, between this collection and the men's one, there is a common theme here. It sure is chic, feminine, rich, luxurious, with a variety of textures and quite reminiscent of past Miuccia offerings. Overall, something nice to look at.. But, if it weren't titled "Prada", noone would be losing their sh** over it.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 21-02-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Response to a deleted post, no model talk in D&C.
21-02-2013
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
Did someone just mention J.W. Anderson's name on here? I think i'm going to vomit...

What's exactly dull about this collection?
Only due to the fact that, like his collections, everything is the same.
The same answer goes to the second question.

21-02-2013
front row

I think anti fur in fashion is just pointless. Fur has been used as clothing since the cave people, so theres not going to be any change. I do agree that they should find more humane ways to kill the animals though.

This collection was amazing. I love the fifties, the modernity, the elegance, everything.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

this was an amazing collection. I love when she does new silhouettes with very vintage-looking fabrics

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

this is just great. it's so good the embellishment is beautiful and i love the mix of the gingham and the shoes are amaaaazing!

Mr. Zhivago

NYTimes
Quote:
Prada: Raw but Refined

By SUZY MENKES

MILAN — “Raw elegance,” Miuccia Prada said, in one of those cryptic explanations about the Prada show Thursday in Milan.

Did that apply to the lean, checked tweed tailoring with the sly sexuality in a neckline slipping open over bared shoulders? Or maybe the swing of a full Alaïa-style skirt, while the cuffs of the matching jacket were cuddled by sable?

This refined, elegant, luxurious but slightly disturbing collection played with the raw and the refined: rough tweed against the asymmetric fall of a skirt smothered in sequins.

This was a New Romantic Prada of the 1980s kind, as if worn by women relieved to go back to the ease of roomy tailoring — but with a long life, make that “sex life” — behind them.

There was a film noir eeriness about the ragged, soaked hair, the makeup and lipstick faded as if by too many kisses, and the black-and-white backdrop comprising a flight of birds, a cat in a window, occasionally swishing its tail, and the shadow of a woman waiting in a doorway.

A similar set had been used for the men’s show in January, where there was also a prominent theme of checks. But this powerful women’s collection had so much more depth. It was an ode both to a woman in need of a winter wardrobe and to women wanting so much more out of life than just clothes, as beautiful and luxurious as they were with crocodile coats and golden belts.

Perhaps Ms. Prada is the only current designer who can offer a wearable wardrobe while getting under a woman’s skin.

Or as she put it in a wistful conversation: “Romantic is impossible. Decadence is impossible. When you have a fantasy, you have to control it. But you can be passionate about anything.”

She could have been talking about herself — or the clothes.
I see the collection as progressing from all-American farm girl heading out to Hollywood where she makes it big and becomes crazy, murders her hotshot director husband in the rain

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

HQ

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

trendsetter

Gorgeous and very wearable! Would love a few of those coats in my wardrobe

front row

first Prada collection that I like...I guess y a un debut à tout

backstage pass

Reminds me of Mildred Pierce.

http://postimage.org/image/i2celiw09/ , this look is definitely something Joan Crawford as Mildred would wear. :p

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

It reminded me a bit of the F/W 2010 collection with some of the sequins and fur from F/W 2011 thrown in, but there is a bit more cinematic feeling to this rather than innocent and feminine (f/w 2011) and the sexy, mature f/w 2010 collection. For some reason the collection reminds me a bit of what Fantine and Cosette from Les Miserables would wear in the 2010's.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, milan, prada