How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2013
fashion icon

It's kind a old glamor; it was pretty though. The off shoulder dresses are very cute.

21-02-2013
backstage pass

Definitely one of my favorite shows of the season so far. I love all the fabrications, they either look really luxe and pretty or cozy and expensive (and you can't go wrong with those ) I love that she layered the off the shoulder dresses over plain tee shirts like she did in her Miu Miu fall 2006 show. My only complaint was that I didn't like the shoes. I don't know, maybe I need some better pictures but they just didn't do anything for me at first look.

21-02-2013
old-fashioned

Just watched the video. What a beautiful collection. Fantastic setting. I love how Miuccia plays with types of woman in her shows - schoolgirl, tropical, futuristic, post-war ladylike, different levels of sexuality, different levels of subversive. I frequently look at the collection and feel like there's more to these women than their surface - maybe a dark story. She's really good at this, she knows how to go beyond the clothes display. I loved the mysterious feel of this show, Suzy Menkes described it really well ("the makeup and lipstick faded as if by too many kisses" ).

Fat Karl

It's rare that I dislike a Prada collection. I'm usually the type that falls head over heels immediately after the first blurry photo makes its way online. However, I feel like this time around, I may be one of the many that has to take some getting used to understand and to appreciate what Miuccia has to offer this season.

There are many looks here that I love. Mostly the shrugged-off the shoulder looks - the ones with a more loose, undone sex appeal. I have a harder time liking the skirt suits with the pirate sleeves - I just have a real distaste for trios of tucks like that to create volume. There's something about that particular technique that seems rather amateurish to me.

As a whole, it feels off. The fabrics don't seem to all sit well together, the accessories are incongruous and clunky, some of the volumes and shapes are generally unflattering and awkward...I don't know.

We'll see...I may grow to love all of this. I may not. Either way, I can still appreciate Miuccia's challenging efforts.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
I can't see why this collection is being raved about, at all. All of the clothes are exactly the same.. what is this? J.W. Anderson for Prada?
The same asymmetric skirt, the same ruched forearm cuff, the same coats and dresses, all just varying in fabric.
The jackets, especially in the exotic skins, are desirable as much as Marc Jacobs' jackets were desirable in New York - wearable, excellent quality, but dull and done to death.
I liked the caught in the rain styling, and the interesting set, but the clothes..?

Yes, I see the repetition too, wonder why others can't.

She does that a lot for her collections, basically two or three outfits in different colors, textures, combinations, but this one is so blatant, it isn't even cute. This was a lazier than usual effort, as the designs could have been taken right off "Vogue patterns", with a side panel added to the skirts, and all the cool styling and surreal shadows won't make up for it. I loved her old collections that experimented with textures, colors, embellishments, etc...as she isn't the strongest in coming up with new shapes or constructions, but this one, with its tweed, gingham, mock croc, fur cuffs, is really straight off a vintage shop.

21-02-2013
fashion icon

I adore the off-the-shoulder look that Prada did this season, it's a nice twist on looks that otherwise might be a bit too classic for some people's liking. Some of the off-the-shoulder looks sort of reminded me of the outfit Sandy wears at the end of Grease (particularly the second to last black one). I also really like the wool and tweed looks from this collection, they look so luxurious. My favorite look from the collection might be that stunning jade color tweed jacket and skirt at the bottom of post #30. Prada created a collection that exhibits a refined elegance with a touch of daring and I quite like it. Haven't been totally crazy about some of the brand's recent collections but I'm quite pleased with this one.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 21-02-2013 at 11:10 PM.
22-02-2013
tfs star

I love this collection but I don't like the fur. Not only because fur is bulky (and cruel) but also because this collection will be cleaner and funnier without fur but with some fabrics that are more interesting.

22-02-2013
tfs star

I think Miuccia's been watching Downtown Abbey and thinking how she can sex it up.

22-02-2013
fashion icon

I was sold after I saw the first few looks and it kept getting even better through the end! It's definitely one of the best collection I've seen in many seasons. The show was perfectly executed - the mysterious thrilling mood achieved by that wonderful venue, fitting music and of course - a brilliant clothes. Like said here in before, Miuccia definitely gained her inspiration from Hitchcock movies. The woman of this collection definitely carries the drama and mysticism, she could be a female villain on a suspicion movie, she's dangerous, yet undeniably irresistible. The show really was like a 15-minute thriller movie and all I can say is that I'm enraptured.

fashion insider

I impressed! Fabulous collection!

22-02-2013
rising star

Hate the belts,they ruines the outfit and seems excessive.

rising star

Classic Prada: lady tourist meets early 2000s Miu Miu. Everything looks solid, a good commercial effort from Prada. I just don´t feel much of it... Love the shoes though.

22-02-2013
rising star

Yep, the shoes are quite cool

22-02-2013
fashion insider

I don't dislike the collection, but I also don't like it. It's not special/surprising enough for me, Miuccia could have pushed the envelope a bit farther in my opinion. It's like I'm seeing the clothes from my granny's vintage shop just remade.

22-02-2013
fashion elite

Am I the only one getting some Little Edie vibes from this collection?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, milan, prada