Prada F/W 2017.18 Milan - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-02-2017
V.I.P.

I wasn't talking about the items at all. Your idea of a theme park is definitely unrelated here. More likely I'm thinking similar to you in the sense of "Prada is well edited." I'm taking the comparison of Lego set and Lego land, simply is how each look stands next to each other in the collection, from the two brands. At Gucci, each look is finished in each own presence, they might not have any relation with the one before or the later, there is no a general center idea, or technique specifically, that Michele wants to propose. So that's the idea of "piles of Lego set boxes."
Prada on the other hand, a few concepts, substances, form a guideline. Each look follows the command, one can interwoven into another, and most of the time, a beginning, and an end. A full length story, all the looks are the pieces there, to complete the puzzle. Like a land, there's an entry, a main building, and often a backyard.
I probably didn't give out a clear example. But didn't think I have to explain that bluntly about Lego.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyHomme View Post
In 10 years someone will look in their closet and say "Why did I buy this?".
10 years? Nope! 10 months from today and it´s over!

24-02-2017
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
How is it that Marc Jacobs and Prada's shows are nearly always in sync, the same season?
Marc Jacobs watches her men's show and goes from there.

24-02-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatouejeremie View Post
looks like a collection put together by the merchandising team

i found it out of touch and a bit offensive in its ostentatiousness but it seems like italians love life in their little bourgeois bubble
Well all fashion is. Every collection on a catwalk is ostentatious and offensive when compared to what is going on in the world and awful when you take a second to think of how that fur got there. Unfortunately you have to enjoy the aesthetics cos if you start thinking that way you will never enjoy fashion again.

24-02-2017
chat~

Just delicious i guess I would say =) So creative. Even hearing often how designers from there leave going elsewhere, the aesthetics always stay the same. Kind of really like it is always designed by just Miuccia herself.

24-02-2017
V.I.P.

Those shoes are horrendous.

25-02-2017
http://fashionworldstuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricciao View Post
I wasn't talking about the items at all. Your idea of a theme park is definitely unrelated here. More likely I'm thinking similar to you in the sense of "Prada is well edited." I'm taking the comparison of Lego set and Lego land, simply is how each look stands next to each other in the collection, from the two brands. At Gucci, each look is finished in each own presence, they might not have any relation with the one before or the later, there is no a general center idea, or technique specifically, that Michele wants to propose. So that's the idea of "piles of Lego set boxes."
Prada on the other hand, a few concepts, substances, form a guideline. Each look follows the command, one can interwoven into another, and most of the time, a beginning, and an end. A full length story, all the looks are the pieces there, to complete the puzzle. Like a land, there's an entry, a main building, and often a backyard.
I probably didn't give out a clear example. But didn't think I have to explain that bluntly about Lego.
Michele made a mix show, Prada not. Michele is only 2 years at the helm of Gucci and Miuccia all her life long.
Yes, every Gucci look is look like Little Boutique but you can pick the pieces and biuld and re-biuld by styling.

Creative has right. Prada tried to be very cool. And it is not cool anymore.
It's all because of Prada Brand. Put another Label on all this and nobody will buy it, lie it ,ect.
Prada quality is not good as it was years ago. Not at all. It is not desiderable.

Last edited by Fashionstuff; 25-02-2017 at 02:49 AM.
25-02-2017
backstage pass

Is Gucci naivetè and Prada knowing? The only thing I know for sure is that Prada surprises and appeals to the parts of my mind that are aging, this expansion of my memory bank that plays scenes I didn't know I'd forgotten about when I see cordurory hybrid jackets and dresses slashed just so.

fashion elite

Take a look at the reviews. The critics seem to love it.

25-02-2017
Fat Karl

Quote:
I've never seen them write something poor or critical about Prada. So - the Prada reviews hold no water for me. They're interesting to read to hear what Miuccia herself has to say, even when I don't like the collection, but as a review....you're guaranteed to get a glowing review, period. Not objective, ever.

fashion insider

Quote:
Critics always love Prada. Tell me just one time when a critic did a harsh or bad review of a Prada show...
It's known in the fashion industry that "if you don't like this Prada collection, it's because you don'y get it".

26-02-2017
backstage pass

Everything looks so incredibly.... old.

16-03-2017
chat~

The end was cute..I don't think I've ever seen Miuccia wearing pants

This show was strong fashion wise, compared to Miu Miu. All the new proportions and such really well pronounced, and I found myself quite excited by so many fun pieces.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, milan, prada