How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FND74 View Post
However, the cavemen collection had really nice shoes and bags.
Looking at the collection again, yes I agree the bags are nice but not much else.
i respectfully disagree. lots of those 'runway' shoes languished on the clearance racks at the stores of note (and yes, i realize the economy had just busted, but STILL)....

style.com

18-01-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
i respectfully disagree. lots of those 'runway' shoes languished on the clearance racks at the stores of note (and yes, i realize the economy had just busted, but STILL)....
I think I get what you're saying. Some of the directional stuff doesnt really sell because people are still buying the basic items - the black pants, the black shoes, the basic bags because they are timeless. And you can wear black pants from let say 05, today, and it will still be ok. I'm totally with you on that.

I think I'm reacting to my shock at how, in my humble opinion, confusing this collection is. We all know that runway and retail are rarely the same collection. Retail is usually more watered down. But the seasonal presentation is the time to impress no? It's that kick in the door that pulls the people to the store, and when people comes into the store, you have all your basics that you can sell.

Oh well, I bet there will be things in the store that will be amazing. I'm just seriously underwhelmed by this.

18-01-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FND74 View Post
I think I get what you're saying. Some of the directional stuff doesnt really sell because people are still buying the basic items - the black pants, the black shoes, the basic bags because they are timeless. And you can wear black pants from let say 05, today, and it will still be ok. I'm totally with you on that.

I think I'm reacting to my shock at how, in my humble opinion, confusing this collection is. We all know that runway and retail are rarely the same collection. Retail is usually more watered down. But the seasonal presentation is the time to impress no? It's that kick in the door that pulls the people to the store, and when people comes into the store, you have all your basics that you can sell.

Oh well, I bet there will be things in the store that will be amazing. I'm just seriously underwhelmed by this.
i'm just curious what she's going to do with the womenswear to help make sense of this stuff. a lot of it is pretty baffling and not in the i-just-don't-get-it-yet prada way.

tfs star

Quote:
i'm just curious what she's going to do with the womenswear to help make sense of this stuff. a lot of it is pretty baffling and not in the i-just-don't-get-it-yet prada way.
Yeah me too!

19-01-2011
windowshopping

For me looks from the show seemed to be from post-soviet middle 90s. I was little bit shoked of the show. But such trends as big bags, oversized top, shortly cut pants and shimmering sweaters attracted me. It was Prada's concept not to remake current womenswear collections to mens like some brands did. Collection made similiar effect as ss2011 womens one.

19-01-2011
backstage pass

Quote:

style.com
I remember when this collection came out, NO ONE was really buying at the time. It did have some really great shoes and some cool pieces. Sure some of it was ridiculous (like anything with Prada) but some of it was just plain cool. This collection... I'll need time to digest.

17-02-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

honestly, i'm convinced prada can get a certain segment of this population to wear anything....

style.com

scenester

this collection is so now, so basic. it screams wearability, quality, comfort, in that always weird prada way. i think we're all tired of gimmicky collections, of overly designed clothes that just don't work out of the runway context, with too much sex appeal. this is intellectual, discreet, dense, and if you look closely the clothes have this purity of design, colour and shape so out of the box. and speaking of box, these boxy jackets and coats feel so fresh when compared to the slim or draped silhouettes that we are seeing everywhere. i'm so glad that we are hitting a turning point in menswear. and of course, prada would have to be leading the way (like raf and many others are).

fashion insider

This colection its so MAH-JOR

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

Campaign for this collection is out.

Prada Menswear F/W 11.12 : Tobey Maguire by David Sims

daniel.cafe.se[/QUOTE]

13-06-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

tobey maguire.....really?

fashion insider

It sucks!
Don't like Tobey and David, DISASTER!
Nico or Clement deserves it, i really hope is for an ed and not the campaign.

13-06-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by get fashion View Post
It sucks!
Don't like Tobey and David, DISASTER!
Nico or Clement deserves it, i really hope is for an ed and not the campaign.
nope....it's the campaign....

Quote:
MON, 13 JUNE 2011
Tobey Maguire: Prada Menswear's New Face!

Check out this first look of Tobey Maguire in Prada menswear’s fall/winter ad campaign!

“A great supporter of the Arts, Miuccia Prada has inspired a culture of creativity that is woven through every aspect of her company, from her collections, her campaigns, to every design detail in her stores,” the 35-year-old actor said in a statement.

“I have such admiration for her artistry and I’m thrilled to be a part of Prada’s fall campaign,” Tobey, who posed for photographer David Sims, added.
(source: justjared.com)

tfs star

I saw the lurex things at the shop and it still doesnt make sense to me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, mens, milan, prada