How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightguard View Post
What is her obsession with feminizing men.
Revenge

I love the whole collection , u know , Miuccia just played some tricks on men , femininity is less stronger than last season , most of them are wearable IMO .

22-06-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackuiew View Post
Revenge

I love the whole collection , u know , Miuccia just played some tricks on men , femininity is less stronger than last season , most of them are wearable IMO .
Revenge? Revenge FOR WHAT, making women look amazing (not Miu)?? And making men look terrible??

I dont understand this logic, thats what people said last season. it still doesnt make sesne.

backstage pass

I LOVE this collection.

The concept is very clear, I like how PRADA uses femininity for men, I'm sick and tired of that D&G and Dquared2 type of men, all muscular and pretentious. I think it's time for men clothing to transform in something more versatile, new lines and cuts, it's 2008 and PRADA knows it, PRADA is a trend maker not a follower.

Last edited by Spike413; 22-06-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: reposted picture; please see tfs guidelines
22-06-2008
God Save McQueen

you try to wear a rubber jacket in LA in the summer, and it will melt

there are so nice pieces in the collection, but its almost impossible to see them past the crap

22-06-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymoon View Post
I LOVE this collection.

The concept is very clear, I like how PRADA uses femininity for men, I'm sick and tired of that D&G and Dquared2 type of men, all muscular and pretentious. I think it's time for men clothing to transform in something more versatile, new lines and cuts, it's 2008 and PRADA knows it, PRADA is a trend maker not a follower.
I disagree.

This is so irrelevant. it's not about being a woman anymore, that is boring and died when Hedi left. It's all about HYPER masculinity, RAW sex appeal.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-smiths View Post
I disagree.

This is so irrelevant. it's not about being a woman anymore, that is boring and died when Hedi left. It's all about HYPER masculinity, RAW sex appeal.
I semi-disagree. I find both "looks" quite intriguing, but I think I do prefer the more indie rocker, skinny jeans, cardigan as low as the back of your knee look for the street and definitely the more tailored and old-fashioned look for events and classy occasions

22-06-2008
backstage pass

hmm i really love this actually. not typically a fan of her mens collections, but this is great. especially the first look.

22-06-2008
arndom

There are shirt dresses for men :-)) You just have to wear three of them.
I actually love the orange rubber like jkts. If she could make them from transparent leather - do you remember CCP gloves? But rubber is kind of a nice substitute:-P

22-06-2008
scenester

I think i really like the color of this collection, especially the blue tone, and the yellow.

22-06-2008
tfs star

baaaad collection. even though she's the "TREND MAKER", but this collection is to overrated for men to use this kind of clothes.

23-06-2008
backstage pass

This is pretty blah and not nearly as daring (for better or worse) as the last few seasons. It's commercial to the extreme and when most of these pieces make it to the shops no one will remember the faux-femininity of this show. Most of those ideas are only part of the styling (straps, rolled sleeves).

After a Pradaish Jill collection, it's interesting to see Miuccia leaning heavily on the classic Jil Sander blue before the black colorway.

I apologize for including links rather than photos, but I need to keep this post within the bounds of the re-posting rules.

This is what the collection will look like in shops. Mediocre denim and decent knits. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...uado/PRD17.jpg

The coats and jackets that are shown spread wide will be an easy sell too. Just unfasten that little strap (you can even see the little spot where you'd do it) and you can wear them like any other nice, but uneventful Prada coat. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...quado/PRD1.jpg

I like this shirt, but it's not as interesting as those degrade (sp?) pieces from the furry collection. It looks like the suit jacket is too small though. I can't imagine him squeezing the buttons closed. That means it won't be a very slim fit IRL. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...uado/PRD14.jpg

These'll be longer in the shops and everyone will wear it with a shirt underneath, so it'll be just another boat neck sweater. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...uado/PRD11.jpg

Aside from the silicon coats (which probably won't make it outside of editorials), this coat is the only somewhat daring idea presented. It's sort of like her take on volume, but the cropped cut kills any chance of this being a cool cocoon shape.

The pants throughout the collection are unremarkable, but it's especially obvious in this shot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...quado/PRD9.jpg

V.I.P.

Source: Men.Style.com

23-06-2008
V.I.P.

23-06-2008
V.I.P.

23-06-2008
V.I.P.