Prada Resort 2018 Milan - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-05-2017
V.I.P.

She's on auto-pilot right down to her model choices, in summary: watered down and forgettable.

07-05-2017
V.I.P.

a lot of stunning pieces, wonderful colours, i will never get tired of her socks and sandal combo

it isn't very "forward" though which is the only reason why i am not obsessed with it

V.I.P.

Nothing worthy of a fashion show.

07-05-2017
backstage pass

I am in love.

One of the best resort collection I have seen in years imo... I just enjoy the technical side of the pieces but those models are not turned into predictable sporty/robotic characters. There is something highly fresh and romantic about it.

It's true to the Prada essence. Polyester, layering, quirky elements, weird shoes and it mixes strong elements from the past collections ( shoulders from FW13, collars from AW09, skirts from SS12 etc). Everything is really wearable, fresh, light but not boring. For a resort collection, I could not dream of a better proposition.

V.I.P.

I think it's a stunning and very fresh and light collection, gorgeous colours.

I understand why people call it "watered down" but I feel like that applies to so many collections, if not almost any collection, these days.

07-05-2017
fashion icon

It was beautiful, absolute perfection. It's a great mix of past, present, and of her own DNA. It's everything a resort collection should be. Beautiful clothes that can easily be worn of the rack. The new setting was such a breath of fresh air! It really complimented the collection. I love that she remixed some pieces from the SS17 collection which is one of my favorites. :web: The James Jean collaboration was suprising but absolutely divine! The outerwear was some of the best that she's done in quite a while. I loved every minute of it.

This is by far one of the best runway ensembles I've seen from anyone in quite some time. The coat is beautiful.

vogue.com

V.I.P.

The coats are really lovely. I just don't know why she needed to "sportify" everything, it confuses the whole ambiance of the collection and wasn't necessary. Probably will forget about this imminently, but it's not that bad.

I agree that a shake-up needs to occur at Prada mainline though (read: not Katie Grand), thing's are becoming a little staid.

07-05-2017
Alluring

Excellent collection. I love the simplicity and fresh, clean look of it, some of the silhouettes make me think of the Spring/Summer 1999 collection (which is never a bad thing).

Also, the venue and hair & make-up worked very well with the clothes; as GivenchyHomme said, it's everything a resort collection should be.

V.I.P.

I really loved this... Feels fresh, light, playful...

07-05-2017
backstage pass

I felt the collection was perfectly competetent as a Resort outing and although it lifted many things from the archives it still had some fresh things going on, mainly the wind breakers with the 19th century necklines and her use of transparent overlays. The coats were very chic.

Very genuine and charming overall. My only complaint would be her use of those metallic necklaces which looked cheap and the stockings being a bit overkill on some looks.

08-05-2017
trendsetter

While I do think that this was a safe collection for Prada, I really liked it. It's feminine, light and whimsical but also still a little subversive. The colours were lovely and the change of set was also quite refreshing.

08-05-2017
V.I.P.

LOVE IT. Best Prada collection in a long time. For one, it wasn't just weird for the sake of being weird. For two, it felt so fresh, light and airy - something that's been missing from Prada in a while. For three, it's just plain beautiful. Glad someone can still make sheer not look cheap and vulgar, but rather playful and elegant.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
I've seen much much worse from her to be honest.. just pure, status-centered "must-have" garbage that functions exclusively like a costume.. that's what her main collections have mostly looked like for the past 10 years.

I find this charming even if it looks like a bunch of pieces that didn't make the cut in their time.. I like the unapologetically girlie aesthetic and shiny touches, a bit reminiscent of Gaspard Yurkievich/Alexandre Matthieu circa mid 00s.. and despite how some of it falls into 'frail' territory, many of these garments lack an expiration date, which is good. Also the girls all look lovely.
Yes-- absolutely charming within a certain context LOL

Even at her most disposable, forgettable B-sides releases, she’s still doing it better than the most hyped lessers like J.W., Off-White, all of the so-called NYC New Guard, etc LOL

The slight touch of a sporty Tiger Lily flirting with Post-Modernism is appropriately severe and girlie to her signature. Lovely, breezy color-palette to boot. If a woman’s been a loyal Prada-devotee for the last decade, she could easily pull all the pieces in her existing Prada wardrobe for all these looks. But Miuccia's likely banking on people’s 15min attention span these days of only investing in no more than 3 months to any designer piece, so all these reboots will likely be fresh again for those behaviours.

08-05-2017
fashion elite

I'm surprised by the general praise. I watched the show one more time and looked at the pictures but it was hard for me to really be that in love with it as you all are.

Yes, the styling makes it look fresh but i don't understand how this is as some of you stated, her best collection in seasons.
It's just a very stylized best-off. In a way, it would have been more honest for her team to not over-style it.

I don't really think that the velcro thing from the SS17 was a good idea to repeat anyway.

10-05-2017
windowshopping

I found it really basic and lazy. And after the aw shows this was really different. Then again it must because of the low sales. I don't like Miuccia's resort shows

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, milan, prada, resort