How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-09-2010
backstage pass

cont'd

style.it

23-09-2010
backstage pass

style.it

old-fashioned

just watched the video. for me, one of the big merits of this show was the soundtrack. i love "te he visto pasar", love how it's so dramatic and talks about indifference. it really fits the collection imo.

trendsetter

I love what Miuccia is wearing in the last picture !
The boat shoes ? Really ? It doesn't look good on boys and now girls can have the same ?!
The black dresses are nice and the marine/blue/white-striped dress in http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...1&postcount=62 is to die for but that's it.
Last spring/summer collection was much better and so were the hair and make-up !

V.I.P.

I can't say I was a massive fan, and I have to fully agree with the comment earlier. If this was anyone other than Prada, it would be getting a lot more negative reviews than positive.

There's a few skirts early on I like, the grey with the detailing, and I like the colour palette on the whole - but those striped pieces just offend my eyes. They're just not something I really want to look at. Some of the shoes are great, the heels mostly, but those chunky soled shoes look like they've come directly out of an orthopedic shoe store to me. And that's never a good thing.

I find it so odd that it's such a shift from last season. People often say about some younger designers like Christopher Kane, that there's no signature, there's no correlation, but for me Prada is pretty much the same. It flits between total polar opposites of how it views a woman.

I don't really mean it as a negative thing, more that it just illustrates the point that what is often used as a negative comment against other designers seems to be perfectly fine with Prada? I think the name alone means a lot of people let many things slide.

23-09-2010
V.I.P.

Wow, this collection was mindblowing in endless ways; it was so full of references and I think what makes it so interesting is the juxtaposition of these very references.

There was a Spanish flavour and a colorful approach to fashion mixed in with a sort of Wall Street American woman who wears her sneakers to work and changes into heels later. And on top of that she had some kind of flapper-esque vibe in the shapes of the dresses, and the carrying of furs, and the hairstyles - all of this ending in restraint in a strong assemblage of simple, classic Prada, shift dresses.

And don't even get me started on the shoes! Absolute genius. The menswear sneakers were an interesting take on casual luxury. I like how steady and powerful they made the girls walk. It is infinitely refreshing to see a woman able to walk, with force and purpose, in a pair of shoes, no?

23-09-2010
███████████████

Great collection of Prada better woman of Men i like the color the concept the sunglasses very 70 in i little way

23-09-2010
front row

I love mood of 30's, stripes, furs, hairstyle, striped platforms(like one of the most famous rainbow stripe platforms by salvatore ferragamo from 30's).
I think Prada has her own way and other designers just follow her. She creates fashion. I don't think that I will wear every piece of this collection but it is really strong point of view

Last edited by Aquamarina; 23-09-2010 at 05:54 PM.
23-09-2010
barcode

I like it. I like the whole twisted, humorous take on mid-century European/American tourists, on glamour and dressing up. It's very Prada.

LOVING those Cheshire cat fur stoles.

23-09-2010
scenester

I liked watching this. The runway, the makeup and the hair.
But those furs and the way they were held... They looked like epileptic raccoons on a rave party. Made me a little bit seasick...

23-09-2010
V.I.P.

Some of the shoes

style.it/

23-09-2010
trendsetter

Ha! I love it!
It's the new cool!

I'd wear all of the shoes, for starters.
I may or may not like to wear the clothes.
But it's not about that.

This one of the most refreshing things we've seen this season, if not in a while... I was beginning to get sick of the beaten-down search for so-called "edginess", and this offers a whole new paradigm for cool. Straight-laced bookishness, elegance, humor, maturity, unapologetic passion, seriousness...and utter irreverence all mixed up=very attractive. And I love that it's done straight up, without irony. No, nothing groundbreaking or avant-garde. But very creative, and Prada at its best.

I don't agree that "if it wasn't Prada"...and I do agree with ana that the soundtrack was great.

23-09-2010
trendsetter

helmut, karma for the gorgeous shoe shots!!
I think I'll have to lie down for a bit...

23-09-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
I don't know what's unwearable about banana prints. It's kind of like when Pilati did strawberries and everyone said it was unwearable. It's just fruit, not human reproductive organs.

LOL! I know.

I would (and have) worn banana prints/motifs (and monkey prints/motifs, for that matter!) and I don't even think I'm an excessively daring dresser, TBH.

Admittedly, I've normally worn them on accessories, which I know is probably somewhat easier; but I certainly wouldn't be averse to wearing them on the right clothing, as well.

Really liked this collection - I liked the strong prints and poisenous colours and their contrast with the softer, more conservative, shapes.

It reminded me of things my grandmother's generation wore (in a good way!).

Not everything is for me, personally, but it's the sort of collection where, even if I wouldn't choose to wear something myself, I'd still admire it if I saw it on someone else.

Last edited by chloehandbags; 23-09-2010 at 06:47 PM.
23-09-2010
V.I.P.

Watching the video my first thought was "Oh. Well this is different for sure" but now that I've seen pictures I can appreciate the collection more. It's by nowhere near my favourite but its way better than Spring/Summer 2010.

I'll take the yellow & black hat and a banana skirt please.

The shoes are actually quite fun especially the green and black stripes pair. I love when Prada do a platform heel rather than a stiletto. Also we know a few of the shoes will be modified like usual (taking off the rubber looking sole etc).

The outfit I really want is the one Miuccia is wearing. Throw in the Banana earings as well.

Last edited by Label Basher; 23-09-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
11, milan, prada, s or s